Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades and Yavin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades and Yavin.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.28.2017 , 09:09 PM | #1
Iím usually a premade fan even though I donít participate in them much anymore.

But with Yavin, I think they need to be removed or at least have two types of queue to help alleviate the imbalance with too many healers and tanks on one team and none on the other.

This is a cross faction match, premades arenít needed to make it pop faster and itís a smaller map so that you canít even work around a team of healer/skank premades. The mechanics and the map size should always give the premade team the win, regardless of how good the team is. I think because of the size, combat and the map mechanics, which are unique, this should be treated a little like the ranked queue system of group or solo queue.

Why is this? Because 9/10 matches I play in or against teams with 2 healers and a skank tank premade, we have no healers on the other team. I know many people are seeing this. For some reason, if there is a healer premade on one side, the queue either puts no healer on the other team or puts any solo healers on the same team as the premade.
Of course they could just fix the queue system with better match making (better idea), but we know they either canít or wonít.

So I would suggest that they remove premades from popping the Yavin map. This would have to be the easiest solution for them to implement until they can work out another system. In the mean time if people want to play Yavin, they just make sure they arenít in a premade.

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
12.28.2017 , 09:41 PM | #2
they cant even fix stupid bugs that have existed for the past 6 years but they'll totally write the code to block premades in their newest Xfaction WZ. What next, peace on earth?
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.28.2017 , 10:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
they cant even fix stupid bugs that have existed for the past 6 years but they'll totally write the code to block premades in their newest Xfaction WZ. What next, peace on earth?
Maybe, that would be nice

Rafiknoll's Avatar


Rafiknoll
12.29.2017 , 12:23 AM | #4
To be honest I think the best solution would be to separate all premades and non-premade queues for all warzones together. That would ensure the premades still pop because all you need is 4 premades on the whole server to make a warzone (2 for arenas) while leaving the non-premades alone.

They have the ability to create such a system, proof is the separation of solo ranked and team ranked, so go ahead and implement it in NWZ and GSF too, because usually a good premade makes the match look 1 sided because they coordinate objectives via TS or even chat far better than can be expected the average pug group. The sad truth is most pugs really don't know how to play objectives or their class, not to mention those who queue for the many and don't care about the game. It is very rare for a non-premade to beat a good premade.

Should the separation be implemented, premades will get their good games and pugs will have a slightly less chance of getting stomped or get stomped less dramatically.
And as for these premades who take pleasure in playing only with TS, only with perfect group formation and not-surprisingly stomping pugs, they will either get faced by premades who match their skills and have awesome matches, or scare off all the more casual premades, kill the premade queue, and be forced to play with actual solo skill for a change if they want PVP to keep popping. Kind of an awesome side effect :P

As for the incoming "get yourself a group instead of complaining", well, due to recent patches you can't queue for multiple activities such as PVP, GSF and any kind of PVE simultaneously while in a group, you must pick one. So for those players who have more things in this game than PVP, but still consider PVP more then a farming method and like to play good matches with a chance to win (and yes, we exist. Killed Revan HM, several NiM bosses, soloed KOFTE+KOTET MM, good in GSF, and good in PVP when not matched with bad groups versus premades, all in the same lifetime with less than 6h a day), the "get a group" is irrelevant. Also, "get a group" is not enough of an answer when faced with a TS premade, because pugged premade from fleet will be stomped by them all the same [and with my solution, if there is one TS premade with no opposition, then pug premades can stop queueing together to avoid them], and it is unfair and unrealistic to ask everyone who hates getting stomped to just stop playing in the hours in which his TS-available friends aren't available.
The option queue solo was not created for "hope there isn't a premade to have a chance at winning", and the option to queue premades was not created for "satiate your sadistic lust for a good stomp when playing like a NiM boss versus noobs because you aren't good enough to win otherwise". There should have been balance with the 2 together, and this balance usually doesn't happen, so instead, the option we are left with is total seperation.

omaan's Avatar


omaan
12.29.2017 , 06:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iím usually a premade fan even though I donít participate in them much anymore.

But with Yavin, I think they need to be removed or at least have two types of queue to help alleviate the imbalance with too many healers and tanks on one team and none on the other.

This is a cross faction match, premades arenít needed to make it pop faster and itís a smaller map so that you canít even work around a team of healer/skank premades. The mechanics and the map size should always give the premade team the win, regardless of how good the team is. I think because of the size, combat and the map mechanics, which are unique, this should be treated a little like the ranked queue system of group or solo queue.

Why is this? Because 9/10 matches I play in or against teams with 2 healers and a skank tank premade, we have no healers on the other team. I know many people are seeing this. For some reason, if there is a healer premade on one side, the queue either puts no healer on the other team or puts any solo healers on the same team as the premade.
Of course they could just fix the queue system with better match making (better idea), but we know they either canít or wonít.

So I would suggest that they remove premades from popping the Yavin map. This would have to be the easiest solution for them to implement until they can work out another system. In the mean time if people want to play Yavin, they just make sure they arenít in a premade.
Wow these " yavin must be", "yavin must have" threads are weird. Why you guys think that this wrz is something special and should have special features? I say it's the same wrz as other but with stupid cross-faction

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
12.29.2017 , 11:03 AM | #6
I think those side steps on Yavin make it too easy to defend, if you are holding two nodes the defenders can just sit on the steps and see which node is being attacked. Barely need incoming calls.

This just accentuates any imbalance like this.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
12.29.2017 , 11:30 AM | #7
The 4 second cap mod "in theory" balances out the ease of movement for defenders.

In practice though it really depends on your team. If you've got a half decent team that will use stuns and knockbacks to protect the person with the mod you can come back and win. If however you've got knuckeheads that will start capping on top of you while you are using the 4 second mod instead of throwing out some stuns, or knocking the guy you just mezzed out of it...

Rip. GG.

I don't know what it is but with Yavin some teams really struggle to cap nodes. I was in one the other day where I went to "their" node at the start, delayed cap when it was just me vs three of theirs. One of my teammates eventually peeled that way as did more of theirs. By the time me and that other teammate died we had six of them at that node. As I'm in the respawn point I hear the node cap message and think that must be the one I just died at. Nope. That came a second later. The cap message was for mid being taken by the other team. 5 of my teammates were at mid for two minutes and couldn't cap on 2 people.

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
12.29.2017 , 12:53 PM | #8
i dont see it as any more or less impactful on Yavin than others personally, and it doesnt matter either way is working as intended.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.29.2017 , 03:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
i dont see it as any more or less impactful on Yavin than others personally, and it doesnt matter either way is working as intended.
Sure itís working as intended, but that doesnít mean it couldnít be better

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
12.29.2017 , 03:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
I think those side steps on Yavin make it too easy to defend, if you are holding two nodes the defenders can just sit on the steps and see which node is being attacked. Barely need incoming calls.

This just accentuates any imbalance like this.
This is my thoughts as well and if itís just a full pug team, then you can over come this. But when itís a premade of 2 healers and skank tank, then itís impossible.

We already know what itís like in other WZs, it just turns into a big parsing exercise, which is boring. But at least in those other maps there are big enough distances that you can pressure their team to split or delay long enough to cap.
That is nigh impossible to do when you have such a short distance and the ability to return just as fast.

If they fixed the queue system and added some match making it wouldnt be an issue. But at the moment the premade teams seem to also get any solo healers put one their teams too. For me this makes it even more game breaking than just the premade healer problem.
If people werenít running these stupid double header and skank premades it wouldnít have the impact it does because both sides ďshouldĒ get healers.

Honestly, this situation makes matches unwinnable for one side and boring for the other. It doesnít matter to me which team Iím on, itís just boring and ruins what should be a highly dynamic map.