Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Low-Slash DOES NOT break on damage.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Low-Slash DOES NOT break on damage.

Kirpputori
12.30.2017 , 05:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
they open with stun, then give their standart stun, then use low slash, THEN USE INSTANT wirhlwind,THEN break it giving 2 more additional STUN (with utility). By the end of this stun chain the enemie target is dead and during this chain the target can't make even one attack against assassin LOL.
bw removed whitebar?

but yeah, i agree its bugged and i use it all the time. and im not ashamed
its ya boi Lev-x

btw, emilia clarke is bae dont @ me

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 05:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Alliim View Post
Deception sins being able to use their low slash as a 4 second cc or as a short hard stun is a huge benefit, don't try and understate it, especially in 1v1 scenarios.

Also, damage is supposed to cause the incapacitating effect to end prematurely. Which makes it seem like this isn't intended.
When did you last have low slash used on you as a hardstun in a 1v1?

That's not a thing for a reason. Besides the fact that the resolve isn't worth it, low slash is too powerful of an anti offensive cooldown. You cannot afford to waste it on stunning someone when it is so good against blocking escape mechanisms.

In larger scale fights that is less of an issue, but in 1v1s nobody uses this as a stun.
Except maybe macgeiler. More power to him, but I strongly advise against it.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Alliim
12.30.2017 , 09:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
When did you last have low slash used on you as a hardstun in a 1v1?

That's not a thing for a reason. Besides the fact that the resolve isn't worth it, low slash is too powerful of an anti offensive cooldown. You cannot afford to waste it on stunning someone when it is so good against blocking escape mechanisms.

In larger scale fights that is less of an issue, but in 1v1s nobody uses this as a stun.
Except maybe macgeiler. More power to him, but I strongly advise against it.
People not using low slash as a stun in 1v1s is largely due to people not even knowing this bug exists more so than due it's lack of effectiveness. Low slash has such a short cd that you can often use it as a short hard stun and have it back by the time you need it to prevent someone escaping, or cc someone during a defensive/offensive cool down. Yes, low slash will add some resolve meaning the next 4 sec hard stun will lead to a quick white bar, but that white bar will also drop off faster than two 4 second hard stuns back to back.

I don't think anyone is saying that you should be using your low slash primarily as a short hard stun. In most situations low slash will in fact be better used to cc someone for 4 seconds, as a gap closer or prevent someone from escaping (You can actually use it to both prevent someone from escaping and then as a stun). It's just the option of also being able to use low slash as a short stun is definitely beneficial.

The best players will understand the best situational use of their low slash and sometimes that will include using it as a short hard stun, for example, Increasing a stun lock to finish someone off when no one else has a stun available. In 1v1s, against operatives especially, having them spend more time in stuns is the key to beating them. Having the enemy caught in stuns as much as possible is more time where you are dpsing them and they aren't dpsing back which is always a positive.

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 09:58 AM | #14
Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?

The cooldown being relatively short doesn't suddenly make it a "don't think just do" cooldown. A single low slash can quite easily be the difference between life or death. Using it at the wrong time and then not having it when you need it is like signing your own death warrant.

If I low slash a sorc before he force speeds im as good as dead. If I low slash a merc before he makes distance with me im dead. If I low slash an Operative before he has used his roll i might as well uninstall the gosh darn game.

Just because the cooldown is short doesnt mean you can use it on cooldown. You can only do this in a teamsetting. Not on your own.

And I wouldn't make the argument Assassins are too strong in there right now. So nerfing something just because YOU (everyone here argueing otherwise) don't like it is *********** dumb.
Evolixe | Exilove

omaan
12.30.2017 , 11:14 AM | #15
Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?

The cooldown being relatively short doesn't suddenly make it a "don't think just do" cooldown. A single low slash can quite easily be the difference between life or death. Using it at the wrong time and then not having it when you need it is like signing your own death warrant.

If I low slash a sorc before he force speeds im as good as dead. If I low slash a merc before he makes distance with me im dead. If I low slash an Operative before he has used his roll i might as well uninstall the gosh darn game.

Just because the cooldown is short doesnt mean you can use it on cooldown. You can only do this in a teamsetting. Not on your own.

And I wouldn't make the argument Assassins are too strong in there right now. So nerfing something just because YOU (everyone here argueing otherwise) don't like it is *********** dumb.
As i wrote i saw some sins using it. Esp those who also have instant whirlwind so that they dont need to care about lack of cc when they really need it (the situations you mentioned). If sin has an instant whirlwind they can use low slash as hardstun

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 12:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
As i wrote i saw some sins using it. Esp those who also have instant whirlwind so that they dont need to care about lack of cc when they really need it (the situations you mentioned). If sin has an instant whirlwind they can use low slash as hardstun
Everyone has instant whirlwind, you use it to counter defensive cooldowns. Not mobility.
Evolixe | Exilove

Alliim
12.30.2017 , 05:16 PM | #17

I didn't say you should blindly use low slash on cool-down.

You talk as if low slash is your only gap closer. Force speed and phantom stride?

Where have I said they should nerf Assassins for this, I'm only arguing that there's a benefit to being able to use it as a hard stun which you are understating.

I've only played Assassin for a little less than 2 years so from here on out I won't disagree with your 5 years playing the class. Time played is definitely the best determinant of skill.

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 05:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Alliim View Post
I didn't say you should blindly use low slash on cool-down.

You talk as if low slash is your only gap closer. Force speed and phantom stride?
Going to need 1 as a DCD and the other for DPS and breaking out of Entanglements.
Shouldn't need to tell you that, since you are so pro.

Honestly dude, save the attitude. I'm not impressed.
You're good on your operative. Stick to that.

I never denied the usefulness of Low Slash as a hardstun in anything other than a 1v1 either.
The thing with it is that if you are in a teamsetting, people can dish in a ton of abilities before its broken.
When you are alone, you can at best get 1 thing in there before they can come back shooting at you.

The Animation is only an interruption shortly after LS being applied.
If you break it 2,5 seconds in, they can get back at you immediately after. That's just not worth. At all.
Evolixe | Exilove

Kirpputori
12.30.2017 , 06:06 PM | #19
:thinkthonkingthank:

pew pew
swoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHhhhhhhh
its ya boi Lev-x

btw, emilia clarke is bae dont @ me

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 06:21 PM | #20