Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyrotech any good in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

Malphayden
12.28.2017 , 01:46 PM | #1
I've just come back after a long break and I'm really enjoying Pyrotech. The visuals and play style are right up my ally. However, I've read a few things that make me think I may be at a disadvantage in PvP. Are they that bad?

Purgamentorum
12.28.2017 , 02:10 PM | #2
Your probably in a club of 1

Wilgard
12.28.2017 , 07:16 PM | #3
If you're good with the class, you'll find yourself doing decent dps but you will die a lot. Powertechs tend to be focused due to just how easy they are to burn down. Expect to find yourself dying on average anywhere from 7 to 10 times.
The Fortium Legacy
Star Forge
Click Here For Free Stuff

teclado
12.28.2017 , 08:54 PM | #4
Quote:
No.

No further explanation required. Just go play it and see.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.29.2017 , 04:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Malphayden View Post
I've just come back after a long break and I'm really enjoying Pyrotech. The visuals and play style are right up my ally. However, I've read a few things that make me think I may be at a disadvantage in PvP. Are they that bad?
Just role a Skank Tank PT like everyone else does. They work,

AP PT has the best burst in the game, and you do see some of them doing really well in regs, they have to be a bitmore careful because they do lack a bit in the survival area, but their burst is insanely strong so if have the skill, AP PT can be extremely effective.

omaan
12.29.2017 , 06:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Malphayden View Post
Both dps pt specs are dead, and cant survive without healer and tank guarding them. You must reroll to other class fast

TrixxieTriss
12.29.2017 , 04:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Just role a Skank Tank PT like everyone else does. They work,

AP PT has the best burst in the game, and you do see some of them doing really well in regs, they have to be a bitmore careful because they do lack a bit in the survival area, but their burst is insanely strong so if have the skill, AP PT can be extremely effective.
Yeah, I’ve seen one or two exceptional APs around, but they are obviously experts on the class and would seem good even if you made PTs worse than they already are.
Like you said, most PTs are skanks and do work, but they are more of pain than anything. They only become a problem when they have two healers with them.
Skank tank and healer combos are the premade meta and they are ruining regs as far as I’m concerned, it’s just boring play.

JourrnoRush
12.29.2017 , 05:07 PM | #8
If you have a good team to support you, it can be pretty fun. There have been matches where the PT stays back and the other team can't figure out what to do when they other three players start spanking them.
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

Mournblood
01.01.2018 , 01:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
No.

No further explanation required. Just go play it and see.
Reiterated, for emphasis. I retired my (AP) PT until BW gets around to addressing their survivability issues. I'm not going to be holding my breath for that. In the meanwhile, Mercs, Snipers, and Maras offer comparable DPS and far, far better survivability.

If you want a more elaborate discussion, and some alternate points of view, feel free to necro this thread:

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938788
Mourne, Guild Leader, Grim Determination (SS)

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational guild!"

RACATW
01.01.2018 , 06:34 PM | #10
Juggs with OG merc dcds in 6.0. Woohoo

Actually lets just nerf snipers and mercs. Other classes are fine mostly, thats what matters. I dont see large good buffs happening. Only ones that break balance further...