Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Black-purple crystal schematic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Black-purple crystal schematic

SpencerGray
12.28.2017 , 12:49 PM | #1
Where can I learn to craft an Advanced Black-Purple Crystal?

I did find a site that says you can Reverse engineer it but for me all I see is "no research available"

I'm not talking about the Advanced Black-Purple Striated one for being a sub in March 2015, Just the plain black core one

Bar-Da-Voya
12.28.2017 , 05:13 PM | #2
Unfortunately you can no longer learn that schematic or any of the crystal schematics that you could get from REing (Black Red, Black Blue, Cyan, Purple, Black Purple, Black Orange).
May the Force be with you. Long live The Old Republic.
http://www.swtor.com/r/pz7lsM

CrazyScruffy
12.28.2017 , 06:26 PM | #3
its a bug, hoping for a fix soon. just got done with talking to CS about it

SpencerGray
12.28.2017 , 06:31 PM | #4
Well if it's a bug then that stinks but hopefully we can get a fix soon, thank you both for answering my question.

psandak
12.28.2017 , 06:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
its a bug, hoping for a fix soon. just got done with talking to CS about it
It is NOT a bug. In the 4.x patch notes (I forget which specific patch) it says that they removed the ability to RE color crystals dropped in Operations and removed the ability to RE anything crafted by another character.

CS is wrong, plain and simple. Would not be the first time.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

CrazyScruffy
12.29.2017 , 11:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
It is NOT a bug. In the 4.x patch notes (I forget which specific patch) it says that they removed the ability to RE color crystals dropped in Operations and removed the ability to RE anything crafted by another character.

CS is wrong, plain and simple. Would not be the first time.
"All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics. "
from your patch notes that you reference. only thing they stopped allowing was gear from being RE

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1020...e-early-access

also went and read all the other patch notes after, and no where did they change it to where we could no longer RE crystals

psandak
12.29.2017 , 04:47 PM | #7
"All Modifications acquired from Operations can be Reverse Engineered for their Schematics. "
from your patch notes that you reference. only thing they stopped allowing was gear from being RE

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1020...e-early-access

also went and read all the other patch notes after, and no where did they change it to where we could no longer RE crystals
Crystals are not considered "modifications"
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

CrazyScruffy
12.29.2017 , 07:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Crystals are not considered "modifications"
so If I go into my item stash, and click on item modifications my crystals wont be in there? try again boss. they are modifications. and certainly not gear or weapons.

psandak
12.30.2017 , 10:32 AM | #9
so If I go into my item stash, and click on item modifications my crystals wont be in there? try again boss. they are modifications. and certainly not gear or weapons.
I don't make up the rules. That was the "justification" they gave back then.

psandak
01.01.2018 , 11:09 AM | #10
Something else I realized while posting in another thread. There are two game mechanical distinctions between color crystals and all other end game item modifications:

#1 Color crystals do not require sliced parts at all. Color crystals (and dye modules) require TH materials while barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments all require sliced parts to craft.

#2 Color crystals schematics that were once acquired by RE of drops require grade 6 materials where all other end game item modifications since this change require higher than grade 6 materials (7, 8 , 9 or 10).

Therefore it is easy enough to separate Color crystals from the rest of item modifications in the database.