Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crit on Crafting 236 Augments off?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crit on Crafting 236 Augments off?

Machievelli
12.27.2017 , 02:35 PM | #1
I am not sure if crits on crafting the new augments is off, or if the RNG just really hates me lately. I haven't seen one crit since the first few days they were released. I am at over 20 augments crafted without one crit. This is using different crew persons (at 50 rep), on different toons, in different crafting professions. Regular crafting and missions seem the same. Anyone else having this issue or am I just on an incredible run of bad luck?

Chryptyk
12.27.2017 , 03:20 PM | #2
I just made some last night and had some crits. I think RNG just wasn't with you

CrazyScruffy
12.27.2017 , 06:39 PM | #3
crit seems to be much lower on the 236 augs, but it is possible. just don't expect a lot of them sadly

psandak
12.27.2017 , 07:13 PM | #4
I crafted five over the weekend got two crits using only a rep 44 companion.

Even with a rank 50 comp (and legacy of crafting 3) you still have a better chance of not critting 52% than critting 48%. MANY times - too many enumerate - I have sent a rank 50 companion crafting five of something and gotten no crits. It happens
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
12.28.2017 , 03:24 AM | #5
Well, I had enough mats for full set of augments for one toon, lets just say I've started gearing up third one and even sold some augments on GTN.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

AshurDarksoul
01.14.2018 , 09:50 AM | #6
I've recently done a few round a crafting for a few characters. There definitely seems to be some nerfage to critical successes. 246 armors, mods, enhancements crit rate was pathetic. The new augments, beyond pathetic. I highly suspect nerfage by the developers. Probably to reign in crafting income.

-Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

DawnAskham
01.14.2018 , 10:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AshurDarksoul View Post
I've recently done a few round a crafting for a few characters. There definitely seems to be some nerfage to critical successes. 246 armors, mods, enhancements crit rate was pathetic. The new augments, beyond pathetic. I highly suspect nerfage by the developers. Probably to reign in crafting income.

-Ashur
Which is more likely...

Developers that don't have the time to create new content, fix real bugs, or plug exploits in less than weeks to months somehow found the time to change crit RNG just to reign in crafting income...

OR

... you just had a string of bad luck and / or are suffering from a form of observer bias?

psandak
01.14.2018 , 11:03 AM | #8
This past week I had a string of bad luck... AND a burst of good luck.

Using a rank 50 companion on my CT, I crafted rating 228, 5 lethal, 5 warding B and 5 adept mods and enhancements...I got zero crits in 15 craftings. The odds of this happening is roughly 1 in 20,000 (.52^15 or 0.0000549

Then on my armstech using a rank 50 and a rank 44, I crafted rating 228 augments...overkill and accuracy respectively, 5 of each I ended up with 18...9 overkill and 9 accuracy.

Is the system broken? No. It is working as intended. I used to have this link in my signature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpvE......Probability 101. Watch it and then ask the question is the system broken?
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

AshurDarksoul
02.17.2018 , 10:43 PM | #9
All right, I'm calling shenanigans!

I've had abysmal luck crafting for the last couple of weeks. I started tracking my crafts. Now these are the 246 modifications and the 236 augments. This is a sample of the last few days:

02/14/2018:
5x crafts Adapt Implant 246 = 5 units
1x craft Quick Savant Implant 246 = 1 unit
1x craft Critical Augment 238 = 1 unit
1x craft Adept Ear 246 = 1 unit
1x craft Quick Savant Ear = 1 unit

02/16/2018:
3x crafts Adept Implant 246 = 3 units
2x crafts Quick Savant Implants= 2 units
2x crafts Adept Ear 246= 2 units

02/17/2018:
8x crafts Quick Savant Implant= 8 units

Not one critical success yielding double units. Something isn't right....
-Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

Opiklo
02.17.2018 , 11:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AshurDarksoul View Post
All right, I'm calling shenanigans!

I've had abysmal luck crafting for the last couple of weeks. I started tracking my crafts. Now these are the 246 modifications and the 236 augments. This is a sample of the last few days:

02/14/2018:
5x crafts Adapt Implant 246 = 5 units
1x craft Quick Savant Implant 246 = 1 unit
1x craft Adept Ear 246 = 1 unit
1x craft Quick Savant Ear = 1 unit

02/16/2018:
3x crafts Adept Implant 246 = 3 units
2x crafts Quick Savant Implants= 2 units
2x crafts Adept Ear 246= 2 units

02/17/2018:
8x crafts Quick Savant Implant= 8 units

Not one critical success yielding double units. Something isn't right....
-Ashur
only the two augments would be doubled if the crafting cits...
all the other things you crafted will have an augmentation kit already built in when they crit
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer on Tulak Hord