Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

WHY you should be happy they nerfed slicing!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
WHY you should be happy they nerfed slicing!

Exithole's Avatar


Exithole
12.28.2011 , 01:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xmercxrayx View Post
IMO the devs never intended for slicing to be a get rich quick method. I believe it was designed to become profitable over time but more importantly, provide access to high level missions and rarer schematics. However, everyone is now crying about getting their allowance cut.
This is clearly what the average player without slicing doesnt understand. It wasn't just a nerf to bring us on par with other professions it has actually nerfed Slicing to the point that it is completely unprofitable.

That means NEGATIVE CREDITS.

Negative credits with an average 10% chance to receive a Schematic or Mission is an overall loss across the board. It is actually a money pit.

And before someone spits off at the mouth about selling "High level missions" ask yourself how many have you bought?

Teldara's Avatar


Teldara
12.28.2011 , 01:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Swixer View Post
So now the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor.

Congratulations, Bioware: You've turned your first MMO into America.
+1.

I'm a slicer. Now I'm too afraid to spend my money until the market stabilizes.

I agree there was a nerf needed, but not this extreme. But, don't get me wrong. SLICING STILL BRINGS IN A LOT OF MONEY. You just have to go out and slice things now and do a farming run every 30 minutes.

I haven't sold a damn thing today on the GTN. I used to sell my mods like hot cake but today...nothing sold. Has anyone have the same problem?

SilverWF's Avatar


SilverWF
12.28.2011 , 01:57 AM | #23
Bioware style...

Black_Night's Avatar


Black_Night
12.28.2011 , 02:08 AM | #24
I don't know how the OP managed that kind of money.

I've been using slicing as a trade ever since I started playing on the 17th. My skill is at 400 now and I was making around 50k-75k per day. Which generally was just enough to buy mats for my trade.

At first I thought slicing was stupid but as a played more and more and I leveled, I realized it was a very smart move from BIOWARE. I suppose it could have been nerfed by 20%, but now it's useless.

Now in regard to other trades:
My friend with whom I play this game, used to complain just like everyone else that slicing is imba. I told him that the amount of money I am making he can also make with his trade, but he has to use Galactic Trade Market. I explained to him how to use it, how to sell, how to set prices etc. In just two days he started making around 30-40k credits per day, but only crafting around 4 hours a day and he also doesn't have very good recipes.

Am I mad that they nerfed slicing? Not really, I can just pick another trade. But the way BIOWARE handled the problem is ... bad. I am writing this not so that they change slicing again, but hoping that in the future, they will deal with other problems in a more professional fashion.
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Swixer's Avatar


Swixer
12.28.2011 , 02:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Black_Night View Post
I don't know how the OP managed that kind of money.

I've been using slicing as a trade ever since I started playing on the 17th. My skill is at 400 now and I was making around 50k-75k per day. Which generally was just enough to buy mats for my trade.

At first I thought slicing was stupid but as a played more and more and I leveled, I realized it was a very smart move from BIOWARE. I suppose it could have been nerfed by 20%, but now it's useless.

Now in regard to other trades:
My friend with whom I play this game, used to complain just like everyone else that slicing is imba. I told him that the amount of money I am making he can also make with his trade, but he has to use Galactic Trade Market. I explained to him how to use it, how to sell, how to set prices etc. In just two days he started making around 30-40k credits per day, but only crafting around 4 hours a day and he also doesn't have very good recipes.

Am I mad that they nerfed slicing? Not really, I can just pick another trade. But the way BIOWARE handled the problem is ... bad. I am writing this not so that they change slicing again, but hoping that in the future, they will deal with other problems in a more professional fashion.
Well I AM writing this so they can change slicing again as it's the only way I can see this issue going away.

Nerf slicing but be smart about it.

Belloraen's Avatar


Belloraen
12.28.2011 , 02:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Exithole View Post
This is clearly what the average player without slicing doesnt understand. It wasn't just a nerf to bring us on par with other professions it has actually nerfed Slicing to the point that it is completely unprofitable.

That means NEGATIVE CREDITS.

Negative credits with an average 10% chance to receive a Schematic or Mission is an overall loss across the board. It is actually a money pit.

And before someone spits off at the mouth about selling "High level missions" ask yourself how many have you bought?

Why doesn't anyone seem to understand that Slicing is a GATHERING skill, not a mission skill. If you're evaluating the worth of slicing based purely on the missions, you're ignoring a rather large aspect of the skill.

Tip: The contents of high level Slicing nodes are really quite substantial.

Smashface's Avatar


Smashface
12.28.2011 , 02:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Belloraen View Post
Why doesn't anyone seem to understand that Slicing is a GATHERING skill, not a mission skill. If you're evaluating the worth of slicing based purely on the missions, you're ignoring a rather large aspect of the skill.

Tip: The contents of high level Slicing nodes are really quite substantial.
It also happens to be true that people who say all slicing missions give negative credits are simply wrong. They are either basing this assertion on A) No evidence or B) Too small a sample set.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...OaW1kYUE&gid=0

Slicing is still profitable.

Swixer's Avatar


Swixer
12.28.2011 , 02:31 AM | #28
So it's okay to throw money away on mission skills because you can always run out and hunt for nodes?

Thanks, great input.

geoffreyromain's Avatar


geoffreyromain
12.28.2011 , 02:35 AM | #29
i prefer a cash market...not trading mats for other stuff. i use slicing to make money and then use it to buy stuff from the trade thingy...its the economy. now its nerfed way too much!!! it takes 30 mins for them to finish mission just for me to earn -400 to 500 credits??? please...stop it bioware...
SQUADRON 11-11-11

geoffreyromain's Avatar


geoffreyromain
12.28.2011 , 02:39 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Teldara View Post
+1.

I'm a slicer. Now I'm too afraid to spend my money until the market stabilizes.

I agree there was a nerf needed, but not this extreme. But, don't get me wrong. SLICING STILL BRINGS IN A LOT OF MONEY. You just have to go out and slice things now and do a farming run every 30 minutes.

I haven't sold a damn thing today on the GTN. I used to sell my mods like hot cake but today...nothing sold. Has anyone have the same problem?
LOL that be sooo funny!!! if everyone stopped buying from GTN cuz they dont make much off slicing and then the game's economy goes into recession
SQUADRON 11-11-11