Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lockout timers Need to be addressed

Berlain
12.26.2017 , 05:38 PM | #1
Ok so i understand the need for these but here is the problem. First you leave a vetern flash point you no longer cannot que for a master or a operation, total BS. Second if you get the newer veterns like Umbra and your the only 70 there and get the rest of your team lvl30 or below its impossible to do so you get stuck with a BS timer when you leave.

Flashpoints need to be revisted and seperated in groups with a gear lvl minimum for the different groups. the buff isn't enough for the later ones to be able to compensate for crap gear lvl, and lack of open skills.

Vote this up please so we can get this adressed

psandak
12.26.2017 , 07:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Berlain View Post
Ok so i understand the need for these but here is the problem. First you leave a vetern flash point you no longer cannot que for a master or a operation, total BS. Second if you get the newer veterns like Umbra and your the only 70 there and get the rest of your team lvl30 or below its impossible to do so you get stuck with a BS timer when you leave.

Flashpoints need to be revisted and seperated in groups with a gear lvl minimum for the different groups. the buff isn't enough for the later ones to be able to compensate for crap gear lvl, and lack of open skills.

I do agree that the bolster for Flashpoints is not enough for many of the what are considered upper level FPs.

My suggestion would be to leave the bolster in place, but level restrict the FPs. So if you are playing a level 15 character you will be able to get into Ess/BT, Athiss, and Hammer Station (and as you level up you will gain access to more and more FPs) when you enter you will be bolstered to 70 AND you can still be grouped with any other three players, but your character's lack of abilities will not hinder nearly as much because those FPs were designed with very low level characters in mind.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

JediAkemi
12.27.2017 , 05:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I do agree that the bolster for Flashpoints is not enough for many of the what are considered upper level FPs.

My suggestion would be to leave the bolster in place, but level restrict the FPs. So if you are playing a level 15 character you will be able to get into Ess/BT, Athiss, and Hammer Station (and as you level up you will gain access to more and more FPs) when you enter you will be bolstered to 70 AND you can still be grouped with any other three players, but your character's lack of abilities will not hinder nearly as much because those FPs were designed with very low level characters in mind.
Agreed. I've suggested something almost identical to that a few times now.

Feztonio
12.28.2017 , 10:50 AM | #4
i just caught a kuat drive yard FP. it's been bugged since the start where the shuttle you click at the beginning that flies your party down to the actual FP bugs and after the shuttle flying through space clutscene you're right back at the shuttle hangar bay and it bugged out on you. there's no way around. it will be bugged no matter how many times you click the shuttle. you have to drop group and quit the FP.

now I'm on a deserter lockout for another 10+ minutes, when I only had to quit because BW doesn't test content on the test server prior to pushing it through to live, and then they don't fix bugs in live ... at least unless said bug allows players to dupe credits because any bug that affects the economy affects their cartel market cash cow.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

JediAkemi
12.28.2017 , 01:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
i just caught a kuat drive yard FP. it's been bugged since the start where the shuttle you click at the beginning that flies your party down to the actual FP bugs and after the shuttle flying through space clutscene you're right back at the shuttle hangar bay and it bugged out on you. there's no way around. it will be bugged no matter how many times you click the shuttle. you have to drop group and quit the FP.

now I'm on a deserter lockout for another 10+ minutes, when I only had to quit because BW doesn't test content on the test server prior to pushing it through to live, and then they don't fix bugs in live ... at least unless said bug allows players to dupe credits because any bug that affects the economy affects their cartel market cash cow.
I thought they said they'd fixed that

dwiekopy
12.28.2017 , 03:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Berlain View Post

Oh, man. How I wish it was like you proposed. I never do flashpoints like umbra with low level players, I leave the group straight away. Many people do that. It needs to be adressed and hopefuly modified

Mowermanx
12.30.2017 , 12:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

Final Fantasy 14 does it like this, you unlock the dungeons/flashpoints as you get to the level of each one.

dwiekopy
12.30.2017 , 02:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Final Fantasy 14 does it like this, you unlock the dungeons/flashpoints as you get to the level of each one.
That would be great. At the moment queuing is a nightmare. Player declined, player declined, player declined. No one wants low lvl characters in the group. Forget about chiss traitor with lowbies. People always leave. Always

JediAkemi
12.30.2017 , 02:48 PM | #9
I try to give lowbies the benefit of the doubt, especially since I don't know in advance which TFP it's going to be, or how many characters they've leveled before.
Once we're loaded in, I ask if people are new, I offer to explain boss fights if we have newbies, and I will always at least try... unless the rest of the team all insta-quit before I finish loading. That's very annoying