Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] orange saber hilts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] orange saber hilts

Bookworm_Jedi
12.22.2017 , 12:05 PM | #1
I haven't looked at my artifice toon in a while, but I was getting bored of using my battlemaster/vindicator hilts on my force toons was looking to craft some hilts

But where can you get schematics? Only blue ones from the vendor and I can't mod them

ceryxp
12.22.2017 , 01:14 PM | #2
Unfortunately, they are now quite rare. You either have to get a lucky drop or find them on the GTN. Your best bet is to use a CM hilt. I'm pretty sure BW made the orange craftable hilts rare to encourage people to buy from the CM. There are a lot of nice hilts that can be obtained from the GTN fairly inexpensively, but single bladed do tend to cost more than double bladed. The nice thing about the CM hilts is you only have to buy (and equip) one to unlock it then you can claim unlimited character bound copies from your collections, and, with a small CC fee, you can account unlock it so all characters on your account can use it.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

psandak
12.22.2017 , 06:11 PM | #3
There are only four orange/moddable lightsaber schematics and they are random drops from TH missions (generally lower level); two single blade two double blade. You can probably get the schematics for cheap on the GTN.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

PiiTarr
12.22.2017 , 07:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
There are only four orange/moddable lightsaber schematics and they are random drops from TH missions (generally lower level); two single blade two double blade. You can probably get the schematics for cheap on the GTN.
There are at least seven: custom, elegant modified, midlithe (each with a single and double blade variation) and the singled bladed midlithe offhand. Whether or not the midlithe ones still drop from TH missions I'm not sure, but they certainly can be found on the GTN most of the time, as can the others, usually for the default listing price or less.

SteveTheCynic
12.26.2017 , 05:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
There are at least seven: custom, elegant modified, midlithe (each with a single and double blade variation) and the singled bladed midlithe offhand. Whether or not the midlithe ones still drop from TH missions I'm not sure, but they certainly can be found on the GTN most of the time, as can the others, usually for the default listing price or less.
I'm pretty sure the midlithe ones (all three) *still* drop from TH missions. I've had them at least somewhat recently, since 5.0 came out.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

psandak
12.26.2017 , 07:17 PM | #6
PiiTarr, thank you for the clarification. I forgot about the "elegant" versions and the Midlithe offhand. I was writing from memory.

I get schematics all the time from TH. But because I already have them all, and I know they do not sell well, I just vendor them without thinking.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

beattlebilly
12.26.2017 , 11:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
There's also(but not sure where I got them, my artificer is an older char):
Vanguard Lightsaber

These have duplicates, but the appearances are different:
Defender's Mettle
Niman Master's Primary Lightsaber
Niman Master's Secondary Lightsaber
Radiant Blade
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

jojobanutz
12.27.2017 , 10:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
There's also(but not sure where I got them, my artificer is an older char):
Vanguard Lightsaber

These have duplicates, but the appearances are different:
Defender's Mettle
Niman Master's Primary Lightsaber
Niman Master's Secondary Lightsaber
Radiant Blade
Those all used to be available from the Artifice trainer, but Bio removed them quite some time ago, maybe on the 4.0 patch? I can't remember exactly. I have all those schems on my Artificer from back when 55 was the level cap I think.
New or returning Player? Click my referral link for some goodies:
http://www.swtor.com/r/2j5Scb

Referrals explained: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

jedikranma
12.28.2017 , 10:04 PM | #9
the old level 48 schematics are long gone, you can get some I think level 20 and 54 I think off the gtn

beattlebilly
12.28.2017 , 11:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jojobanutz View Post
Those all used to be available from the Artifice trainer, but Bio removed them quite some time ago, maybe on the 4.0 patch? I can't remember exactly. I have all those schems on my Artificer from back when 55 was the level cap I think.
Ah OK, I thought they had come from Investigation and Treasure Hunting missions.
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy