Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercs / commandos still the god class in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mercs / commandos still the god class in pvp

VIZIOO
12.20.2017 , 02:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Uebli View Post
Hi,

" I didnt play this class for long time and had only 242 gear , but stand more then 20 sec against 4 or 5 players ..alone !! This survivability needs an melee not an range dd !! "

Really! so you have found The Fountain Of Not Getting Tunnel, please elaborated? I for once as one of the most reputed players in PvP find it kind of difficult getting of the grip of 4s determinate players, specially went they take turn to simultaneously stun/root you with my resolve bar nowhere to be found, but by all means share your secret? btw: hope you not talking about URWZ because if this is a post about Urank I had totally wasted my time writing you...

"I had more and more games with my main (juggernaut) where both groups has more and more range dd's so they build 2 frontlines the healers behind them and shoot each others. As Jugger you have now choice to jump into enemy line and die or throw sometimes your saber The healers dont reach you because they stand in back. its same senseles fighting like in first worldwar in verdun "

You're absolutely right! Gonna start sending my supply unit side by side along with the infantry, after all why would the enemy attack them? They're rendering a humble service to the infantry, such as providing food and water. I'm sure the enemy will leave them alone.

"And wats the reason for that...that the range dd's are totaly OP in their defense since over 2 years. Of course no one will play melee."

You're absolutely right again! after all battles are won based on "fairness" so the next time I see a melee.. I just gonna put my blasters on the ground and fight Mano a Mano

"if there nothing change we will see only mercs snipers heals and saboteurs.

wich such an disbalance over a long time you can kill a game ! "

Yes, disbalance! I for once had started to grow a belly from all the Cup Cakes I eat while PvP..
Boluda (main)* Roja alt * Lolo Sorc * Meloroso jugg * Traidora PT * Diabla Sin.. My favorite class PT has been unplayable for the past 3 or 4yrs.

KendraP
12.20.2017 , 03:05 PM | #12
I think the issue people have with mercs is their dcd and off heals as a dps spec. I wish I had half the survivability of a dps merc on my vigi guardian.

That said, mercs are relatively easy to shut down provided you can devote someone to interrupting them. At this stage I find mercs to be the third most annoying dps class behind mara and sniper.

Glower
12.20.2017 , 04:02 PM | #13
Dont move if netted.
Dont attack cuz it will reduce knockback cd.
Dont attack cuz it will reduce reactive shield cd.
Dont attack if they are stacked with healing
Dont attack if they are blue bubbled
Dont attack if they are yellow bubbled
Dont trigger kolto overload... ugh duh, well /raise hands.

Just lie down and die.

Im not even talking about PT vs Mercs cooldowns - it's just plain stupid to compare them.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Kazz_Devlin
12.20.2017 , 08:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Show us on the doll where the bad Merc touched you.... Seriously though, i for one and getting really tired of this dialog. Its so full of half truth and exaggerations its mind boggling.

Mercs DCDs are only at their strongest when you pew pew into them. I would have thought by now that would be obvious and people would have adjusted to how the mechanics work, but they haven't.

Most people still want to stand thier and face tank us and save the cooldowns they should be using to counter us for when they want to use them rather than when they should use them. If you sit there and unload into us healing us up to full 2-3 times, that is 100% a you problem, not a Merc problem.

The more i look around the landscape today the less i feel sorry for being a Merc main. I wasn't here for the real obscenities of the last year having only returned a couple moths ago, but as things are today we are not even the most broken, not even close, we are about third at best.
First off you have deal with sever lag so could be a delay. Not all but some visual ques that abilities have are hard to see when a camera is zoomed out , Next you have visual ques from other abilities that actually drown out the visuals such as the healing globe , hell even mercs own abilities like the 20% dmg reduce shield (i.e the blue one) drowns out the yellow so don't give me that "don't shoot the merc" bs! It's high time you stopped defending poor execution and lack of vision by the dev's.
Merc is a DPS spec so you should be a glass fricken cannon YOU DON"T COME CLOSE! The fact that these idiot dev's lack the foresight to fore see that granting a DPS spec heals when hit is essentially a heal to full! There's just to many factors especially when in fight with multiple opponents!
It's simple DPS are glass cannons & hybrids are mediocre dmg and mediocre tanks because you have to neuter their DPS because they have to much survival a hybrid shouldn't be out DPSing pure DPS spec! To do otherwise make playing a pure DPS class moot, why play them when I can put out DPS equivalent to them plus survive their onslaught! WHICH IS CLEARLY AND PAINFULLY EVIDENT BY EVERY MATCH WHICH HAS AT LEAST 3 mercs and three snipers!
Giving heals on dmg to dps spec's was a mistake from the get go unless you give to all none should have it!

DenariusJay
12.20.2017 , 09:26 PM | #15
Just accept it.

This game has no class balance, since 5.0 it's all farts and mirrors, BW has no idea what to do. Either join in on playing the OP classes or suck it up and play crap classes and make what you can out of it.

My point is; BW doesn't care - so you shouldn't either!
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Aeneas_Falco
12.20.2017 , 09:51 PM | #16
I think it's fair to say that mercs have at least one too many self-heals. Perhaps Trauma Regulators should be taken away and instead Energy Shield mitigates damage but doesn't repair it. Reflect can stay as it only lasts six seconds.

That said some of the posters aren't wrong that a lot of the problems people have with mercs boil down to L2P. Players will mindlessly beat on energy shield when the merc is at or near full health, guaranteeing that you won't kill him or her before the shield drops and all that damage will be converted to heals, or they wail away at Reflect even while watching the merc heal to full as they do it.

Where the players that argue merc seeming OP is down entirely to L2P are wrong is that to counter a merc you need to hard swap or stun not once but twice and if you have more than one merc to worry about (a common occurrence), that hard swap is often from one merc who just popped energy shield to another that pops reflect requiring yet another stun or target swap. Or to a sniper (the alternative FOTM) who has similarly long TTK. While all this is going on you're also taking damage or get hit with CC, often guaranteeing that by the time you're ready to finally drop that first merc he or she has that first self-healing DCD coming back off of cooldown and if you're pressuring a node, reinforcements will arrive first.

Merc damage is fine. They should hit hard. Merc damage was fine pre-nerf, for that matter. They made the wrong adjustment.

-Bob-
12.20.2017 , 09:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Just accept it.

This game has no class balance, since 5.0 it's all farts and mirrors, BW has no idea what to do. Either join in on playing the OP classes or suck it up and play crap classes and make what you can out of it.

My point is; BW doesn't care - so you shouldn't either!
This ^^^^
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Kazz_Devlin
12.20.2017 , 10:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
I think it's fair to say that mercs have at least one too many self-heals. Perhaps Trauma Regulators should be taken away and instead Energy Shield mitigates damage but doesn't repair it. Reflect can stay as it only lasts six seconds.

That said some of the posters aren't wrong that a lot of the problems people have with mercs boil down to L2P. Players will mindlessly beat on energy shield when the merc is at or near full health, guaranteeing that you won't kill him or her before the shield drops and all that damage will be converted to heals, or they wail away at Reflect even while watching the merc heal to full as they do it.

Where the players that argue merc seeming OP is down entirely to L2P are wrong is that to counter a merc you need to hard swap or stun not once but twice and if you have more than one merc to worry about (a common occurrence), that hard swap is often from one merc who just popped energy shield to another that pops reflect requiring yet another stun or target swap. Or to a sniper (the alternative FOTM) who has similarly long TTK. While all this is going on you're also taking damage or get hit with CC, often guaranteeing that by the time you're ready to finally drop that first merc he or she has that first self-healing DCD coming back off of cooldown and if you're pressuring a node, reinforcements will arrive first.

Merc damage is fine. They should hit hard. Merc damage was fine pre-nerf, for that matter. They made the wrong adjustment.
When bioware gets around to addressing better visual clues so that people can differentiate one from the other so one can actually tell when an ability has been tripped MAYBE that will happen! But this is Bioware my expectations are not really high that they can achieve this! L2P is an excuse that benefits lazy dev's L2p might be relevant in a one on one match but that excuse falls short when its a free for all to much crap is going on. Solution is simple remove all heals on dmg!

Purgamentorum
12.21.2017 , 07:38 AM | #19
What visual clues do you get about some of the mara and jugg defences? juggs started the whole reflect shield bit, but it's only a problem now so many other classes have it? But most of all and really I do not understand why this isn't discussed more

What about operatives? 5% heal every 25 seconds, evasion with cool down reduced when attacked, stealth, spamable slows, the revitalizer utility give that one to Pt's, and last but by no means least ..... The biggest reflect shield of all that turns 150% of damage to sender on what sheild? EVASION. So you can't be hit it's really low in CD and you reduce CD when attacked. This is a melee class that can stealth into ranged and back out, and heal itself, and so much more. If you are worried about anything mercs can do reroll operative, they have net (evaded) and stealth scan (game of chance) to counter.

oh and nerf OPeratives.

Aaroneus
12.21.2017 , 07:51 AM | #20
if you want to render a mercenaries heal-on-hit useless, i suggest using aoe. the heal proc's on direct attacks, not aoe. everytime i see 3 people focusing a mercenary continue to hammer away on him once he pop TR, i die inside. this mechanic isn't new. please educate yourself and stop playing like an ape.