Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Very disappointed with the nerfing of 'A traitor among the Chiss' on solo/story mode.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Very disappointed with the nerfing of 'A traitor among the Chiss' on solo/story mode.

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
12.19.2017 , 09:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I haven't tried the nerfed version, but I have a feeling I'll be very disappointed, too. I enjoyed it when bosses felt like bosses. .
I wouldn't say they were that different from regular story FPs. They took a bit longer but I just assumed it's because I don't have Jesus Droid and my companion was set to heal for those two new flashpoints.

ForfiniteStories's Avatar


ForfiniteStories
12.20.2017 , 09:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
I was already sending the healing droid away to make it a bit challenging, and it wasn't that much. Most of the fights were already dead easy. Of all the changes in the last 5 years, the continual nerfing of content is one of the most annoyingly unnecessary.
Oh snap. We got a bad *** over here!

Seriously though. If you have a problem with how "easy" things are, don't gear up! Or main a healer. That flashpoint was brutal for a lot of people; as a matter of fact, it was even bugged!

Eanelinea's Avatar


Eanelinea
12.20.2017 , 12:05 PM | #13
I was disappointed too. Before the nerf, even with Temple only being rank 1 for all of my characters, except for my agent, who originally had her at rank 10, it wasn't a hard flashpoint, just time consuming. The droid boss could take 5 to 10 minutes depending on who I used and how well their dps was. Even when I went into rooms to do the achievements/bonus pieces and I got swarmed with mobs, it wasn't hard. I didn't die once.

Maybe it's because I've been playing 6 years straight with an occasional small break here and there, but it wasn't hard or difficult. But now, it's like nothing at all.

I understand the solo/story version (depending on how they set it up for the cutscenes and such) isn't supposed to be too hard cause that one is just to move the story along, but come on. You can't tell me that there are actually players in 240ish gear that were having problems or people even in just 220 gear having problems. My characters' gear was only about 229 if that and I roflstomped the unnerfed version of Copero.

But I shouldn't be too surprised, even back in the day people were failing on Op9 story mode where you could make a booboo or two and still successfully pass. Probably why I don't do much raiding anymore since Shadow of Revan. I tried to do Eyeless on story mode with a group of 7 others and they kept standing in stupid and no one knew how to kite the boss very well. *sigh* While I'm glad we have a bit more players on each server, it's like only the ****** players stayed behind.

I hear complaints all the time from newbies how they can't solve the very simple puzzles that are in flashpoints and operations, or even solo quest areas that might require a minor puzzle like the one on yavin before you meet good revan. *shakes head*
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

iFenris's Avatar


iFenris
12.20.2017 , 12:19 PM | #14
I and a friend of mine did a joke run through the pre nerfed FP, we managed to clear it using companions only both on dps too, that was how easy FP was, now it's just a complete joke.

DWho's Avatar


DWho
12.21.2017 , 10:36 AM | #15
A lot of the posts like this "X is too easy" come across as I want the base content to be so difficult that anyone except me struggles with it. The fact is the vast majority of players are casuals and do not want to spend hours "perfecting their rotations" and "reading guides" just so they can see 2 minutes of cutscenes that are being foisted off as story content. It seems like the problem is not that the mode designed for those players is too easy but that the more advanced mode is to hard for the people who want to complain about how easy the other mode is. If the veteran mode is too hard then complain about that instead of complaining how "easy" the easy mode content is. This flashpoint was never difficult, it was exceedingly tedious for the "reward" you got as a story player.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.21.2017 , 10:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
A lot of the posts like this "X is too easy" come across as I want the base content to be so difficult that anyone except me struggles with it. The fact is the vast majority of players are casuals and do not want to spend hours "perfecting their rotations" and "reading guides" just so they can see 2 minutes of cutscenes that are being foisted off as story content. It seems like the problem is not that the mode designed for those players is too easy but that the more advanced mode is to hard for the people who want to complain about how easy the other mode is. If the veteran mode is too hard then complain about that instead of complaining how "easy" the easy mode content is. This flashpoint was never difficult, it was exceedingly tedious for the "reward" you got as a story player.
The "more advanced mode" is group content -- you think they're going to nerf it just so that some people who find solo to be too easy can more easily solo the veteran mode? (Not to mention that is does not advance story, as I already pointed out.)

It really doesn't take hours to learn a good rotation -- it's more like 20 minutes. But that's beside the point. Most of the people who care about difficult content seem to be happy to do group stuff, and most of the people who care about story just want to see the story and don't care about learning their class. People like me, who care about story but feel that fights being too fast and easy take away from the story, are probably in the minority, so I'm not going to get the kind of content I'd like to get.

So, let us whine about this -- it's the only thing I can do to express my annoyance. TAtC wasn't perfect, but I did find it better than any other solo fp, and now it's probably just like the rest.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

DWho's Avatar


DWho
12.21.2017 , 11:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
The "more advanced mode" is group content -- you think they're going to nerf it just so that some people who find solo to be too easy can more easily solo the veteran mode? (Not to mention that is does not advance story, as I already pointed out.)

It really doesn't take hours to learn a good rotation -- it's more like 20 minutes. But that's beside the point. Most of the people who care about difficult content seem to be happy to do group stuff, and most of the people who care about story just want to see the story and don't care about learning their class. People like me, who care about story but feel that fights being too fast and easy take away from the story, are probably in the minority, so I'm not going to get the kind of content I'd like to get.

So, let us whine about this -- it's the only thing I can do to express my annoyance. TAtC wasn't perfect, but I did find it better than any other solo fp, and now it's probably just like the rest.
My comment wasn't directed specifically at you because I understand the position you are in. There were 4 modes for this flashpoint, one that advanced the story and three that didn't. The one that advanced the story did need to be "nerfed" because there were clearly a lot of people either having difficulty with it or found it extremely tedious. They did not need to nerf the Story mode version (called solo mode in all other flashpoints as far as I can see and may have led to some of the issues). As long as they continue to produce fake story content as flashpoints, there is always going to be a mode that is super easy. Clearly from the looks and "depth" of this flashpoint, it was intended to be a chapter instead of a flashpoint but there is no way they could have released it as a chapter without the "more group content" people screaming how they "abandoned" group content.

krakadyla's Avatar


krakadyla
12.21.2017 , 11:38 AM | #18
Before "nerf": stand in all stupids hacking at the boss for 10 minutes.

After "nerf": stand in all stupids hacking at the boss for 1 minute.

That's it. All the difference. So it seems that for some people "hard" equals to "easy, but 10 times as long". And these guys really should stop being smug about their self-perceived excellence at the game, because skilled they ain't. Just boredom-tolerant.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.21.2017 , 11:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
My comment wasn't directed specifically at you because I understand the position you are in. There were 4 modes for this flashpoint, one that advanced the story and three that didn't. The one that advanced the story did need to be "nerfed" because there were clearly a lot of people either having difficulty with it or found it extremely tedious. They did not need to nerf the Story mode version (called solo mode in all other flashpoints as far as I can see and may have led to some of the issues). As long as they continue to produce fake story content as flashpoints, there is always going to be a mode that is super easy. Clearly from the looks and "depth" of this flashpoint, it was intended to be a chapter instead of a flashpoint but there is no way they could have released it as a chapter without the "more group content" people screaming how they "abandoned" group content.
The issue at least I have with this is not that fp solo modes are too easy, it's that story content is too trivial, so naturally the solo versions of flashpoints that advance the story are going to be that too. If it had been released as a chapter, I'd be whining why they finally gave me a chapter that was somewhat close to being something between story mode and veteran mode and then took it away. Thankfully, I do have my pvp, story mode pug ops and Eternal Championship.

Based on the livestream they did with Timothy Zahn, it's seemed to me that TAtC had been floating around as an idea for quite a while, possibly pre-KotFE even. I don't think it was necessarily meant as a chapter...just that they had an idea for a story about player character going to Copero, not really knowing what kind of mission it was going to be, and then they decided to make it a flashpoint so people who like flashpoints would get a new one. But that's just my personal interpretation of the stuff said in there.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Eanelinea's Avatar


Eanelinea
12.30.2017 , 07:27 PM | #20
I don't have a perfect rotation, frankly, I don't give a **** about rotation since I'm not doing master operations or flashpoints. Long as it gets dead, I'm good. It's the fact that there were more mobs throughout, which now there's like none. Yeah the 'bosses' took a while to kill, but it was a good lesson for newbs who want to do harder content like raids, so need to know how long bosses can take, without them dying from being looked at wrong.

I'm just tired of bioware making EVERYTHING easy. I'm like 'is this new generation of players that dumb, that bad, or just that lazy that everything has to be easy mode?'

I mostly solo items and when I'm feeling up to it, I group for raids and flashpoints. I'm not expecting a solo/story version to be so hard I die in one hit, but I don't want it so easy that I can be blind, deaf, and not all that intelligent and still pass content.

*sigh* Whatever happened to games like Everquest where it actually took skill to do something?
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.