Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Spoilers* Will Lana Become Unhinged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
*Spoilers* Will Lana Become Unhinged?

BellumEstBellum
12.18.2017 , 06:59 PM | #1
After the end of the latest Flashpoint Lana sent a message saying that she will show less mercy from now on, in hopes of protecting the PC better. Will her infatuation with the PC, and Theron's betrayal send her over the deep end?

SerraShar
12.18.2017 , 07:48 PM | #2
whaaaaat? of course not . She is hurt because she trusted Theron , I think she feel the betrayer more then the player lol who half wanna smooche him and the other half wanna kill him because of his new haircut

she is a sith lord , who has education and training and a leveled head on her shoulder . Even Valko messing with her head didnt stop her on doing her job on Ziost . So there is no way she get all Vayl over Theron .

I found her mail delicious of course lol but wonder if she will let my Light side actually forgive Theron . So far she has never intereferred with us at killing certain companions . But the theron issue seem a bit more personal to her..

so only time will tell .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Nefla
12.18.2017 , 08:55 PM | #3
She's already an obsessive nutbar IMO, I can definitely see the cheese sliding all the way off the cracker in her case.

LykaiaSovereign
12.18.2017 , 09:43 PM | #4
Spoiler
so in the end it probably will be up to us if she goes nuts or finds peace
http://www.swtor.com/r/kwbg4P My Ref Link
If You find me helpful, You can help me as well.
Thanks in advance

SteveTheCynic
12.19.2017 , 02:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LykaiaSovereign View Post
Spoiler
so in the end it probably will be up to us if she goes nuts or finds peace
It would be deeply out of character for her to "find peace" in any way that we'd use that phrase about ourselves. She isn't one of those frothing-at-the-mouth Sith crazies, but she is cold and calculating, and by no means a "good" person. She just keeps it all carefully under control.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Celise
12.19.2017 , 04:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BellumEstBellum View Post
After the end of the latest Flashpoint Lana sent a message saying that she will show less mercy from now on, in hopes of protecting the PC better. Will her infatuation with the PC, and Theron's betrayal send her over the deep end?
if Lana does have some form of Autism related disorder as it was pointed out a few weeks ago on another thread, then it stands to reason that she is cutting all loose ends in her life and strengthening her connection to the commander with a show of loyalty. it is very much a geniune show of loyalty but she doesn't want to be blind sided again in the process.

will she go off the deep end? no. It's more likely she will follow the commander into hell if it meant being there to defend the commander and if needed, to die for the commander. it's not so much fanatical but more along the lines of just being there to do the right thing and being happy to do it.

as for her actions towards Theron? i suspect if she isn't stopped and made to see reason which i'm almost certain she can still be reasoned with just long enough to discover the truth, however in the event you don't stop her she will beat theron within an inch of his life and possibly kill him, at least that is how she could see it. Unlike the light side sith warrior, Lana may have trouble trusting theron ever again assuming he is alive and well back in the alliance. once burned, always burned.

IoNonSoEVero
12.19.2017 , 04:58 AM | #7
I'm concerned about the letter because of what it might mean in the next chapter but I actually don't think it's out of character or unhinged for her. And no, IMHO she is not autistic.

I think from her perspective, Theron's tried to kill her, tried to kill the Commander, and is trying to unravel everything she's worked for - including the safety of the galaxy they've just sacrificed everything to achieve. She's loyal to the Commander and the Alliance and this IS a big deal for her. So yeah, right now she's angry.

And while I do think it's possible the choice might be a) kill Theron or b) kill Lana to protect Theron, IMHO, or at least I hope, that it's more likely that she will wait for the Commander's decision. With every other betrayal even when she's mentioned wanting to kill someone, she's gone along with the Commander's decision even when she's questioned it.

However I do think this could be a deal breaker for her. If it turns out Theron was really betraying the Alliance OR does not have a good reason and you still take him back, i think she might be done.

FlameYOL
12.19.2017 , 02:57 PM | #8
I don't think so, I do fear for Theron's life however. While I can kind of get his betrayal if it is
Spoiler
, my character may forgive him if his explanation is good enough and if forgiving him seems like the pragmatic choice when the choice comes but Lana? I don't think she'll forgive Theron and would probably advice us to kill him on sigh, she's not a crazy stereotypical Sith like Darth Zhorrid or Thana Vesh but she's still cold and calculating enough to see Theron as a liability to the Alliance.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

casirabit
12.19.2017 , 03:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I'm concerned about the letter because of what it might mean in the next chapter but I actually don't think it's out of character or unhinged for her. And no, IMHO she is not autistic.

I think from her perspective, Theron's tried to kill her, tried to kill the Commander, and is trying to unravel everything she's worked for - including the safety of the galaxy they've just sacrificed everything to achieve. She's loyal to the Commander and the Alliance and this IS a big deal for her. So yeah, right now she's angry.

And while I do think it's possible the choice might be a) kill Theron or b) kill Lana to protect Theron, IMHO, or at least I hope, that it's more likely that she will wait for the Commander's decision. With every other betrayal even when she's mentioned wanting to kill someone, she's gone along with the Commander's decision even when she's questioned it.

However I do think this could be a deal breaker for her. If it turns out Theron was really betraying the Alliance OR does not have a good reason and you still take him back, i think she might be done.
Hmm that might be interesting for those that want Lana out of their alliance. I know a few people that want Lana gone.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

IoNonSoEVero
12.19.2017 , 09:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Hmm that might be interesting for those that want Lana out of their alliance. I know a few people that want Lana gone.
People who detest one or the other should be happy if that ends up being the case, yes. You keep one or the other and that becomes the Alliance advisor/quest giver.