Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

HuaRya
12.18.2017 , 11:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Movie seems to be doing very well and I've seen nothing but positive reviews so far. Movie theater in my area sold out all showings for days.
On IMDB the vast majority of viewers hated it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/reviews?ref_=login

For real fans of Star Wars original trilogy they gave us Rogue One for pure nostalgic enjoyment. That is about the time people who saw the originals in the theaters will want to get off the Star Wars bus.

Ylliarus
12.19.2017 , 01:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
The problem for some, they grew up on the original (Luke, Han, Leia) and for them nothing or no one will be able to compare no matter what. Don't get me wrong I loved them as much as most but I have also learned to watch the movie for itself without the necessity of having the original people in the movies. Was I sad that Han was killed before, yes. Sad about Luke yea but I sit back and watch the movie for itself and not for what I want to see. Even here in my small town both theaters are full.
This, this so much. I get it that people grew up on it, but that doesn't make them any more "truer" fans or more hardcore fans than any other of us. I think it has a lot to do with the differences in generation, because our generation is more often accepting of change and something new (when talking about generations I say this as a 22 years old, as a sidenote) than the older one. Look at various other topics, we accept the change when we see it is for the better while the older generations tightly hold onto what was even though if it was bad, unjust or unequal. The same applies to the movies, it has to be what they grew up on or otherwise they will hate it, and new perspectives on storylines and lore will anger them to the point where they feel insulted while that is just ludicrous to think.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

DarthDymond
12.19.2017 , 01:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
On IMDB the vast majority of viewers hated it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/reviews?ref_=login
That's not the story that the User Ratings are telling:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/...ef_=tturv_sa_3
Spoiler

As of this posting, the most common rating for the movie on IMDB is 10/10 stars, the second most common rating is 9/10, and the third most common rating is 8/10. There are more 10/10 ratings than there are 1/10 - 5/10 combined (same is true of both 9/10 and 8/10, each of those individually also has more than 1-5 combined).

Yes, there are thousands and thousands of people on IMDB who hated it -- that's a perfectly valid opinion to have -- but as of right now, there are more than four times as many people who loved it (just comparing 1/10 to 10/10, if you go by, say 1-3 / 10 as people who hated it vs 8-10 / 10 as those who loved it, then there are more than six times as many people who loved it than those who hated it).
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

AshenK
12.19.2017 , 05:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
That's not the story that the User Ratings are telling:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/...ef_=tturv_sa_3
Spoiler

As of this posting, the most common rating for the movie on IMDB is 10/10 stars, the second most common rating is 9/10, and the third most common rating is 8/10. There are more 10/10 ratings than there are 1/10 - 5/10 combined (same is true of both 9/10 and 8/10, each of those individually also has more than 1-5 combined).

Yes, there are thousands and thousands of people on IMDB who hated it -- that's a perfectly valid opinion to have -- but as of right now, there are more than four times as many people who loved it (just comparing 1/10 to 10/10, if you go by, say 1-3 / 10 as people who hated it vs 8-10 / 10 as those who loved it, then there are more than six times as many people who loved it than those who hated it).
Its clear to me then that disney set up some kind of bot network or have shill accounts making it look better.

The people have spoken the Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie made and has tanked. At this point Disney needs to ditch just about everyone who had anything to do with it and give Star Wars a break until they can find people loyal to the ideals of Star Wars to pick it up and redo it.

pazzakey
12.19.2017 , 05:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Joluka View Post
Last Jedi was an amazing film. Only thing I'm not sure about was Snoke, but otherwise, easy 10/10.
Serious or sarcasm?

If serious, please explain how it is 'an amazing film.'
Harbinger - RIP

Ylliarus
12.19.2017 , 06:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by pazzakey View Post
Serious or sarcasm?

If serious, please explain how it is 'an amazing film.'
To be frank I have been thinking over the movie since I saw it and have come to the conclusion it is my favourite Star Wars movie of all movies.

The plotline is good, it keeps being interesting as well as exciting over the course of the movie. There is a lot of unexpected twists which is nice as it shows that things really won't go the way you think. Aside from that the movie is capable of capturing the Star Wars feeling in a very unique and great way. It's unlike all the other movies which is something I very much appreciate as it made the Last Jedi a fresh movie experience. The characters are well written and very nicely portrayed, the dynamic between Rey and Kylo was unexpectedly good, as well as the interactions of the other characters with one another. I loved to see how Snoke treated Kylo after his failure in the Force Awakens as it added more dimensions to that relationship of master and apprentice. It also made Kylo's response to Snoke's attitude that much more intriguing. I also adore what they did to Luke, because it finally reflects the things he had to go through throughout all of the story. It makes his arc as the fallen hero much more interesting and his redemption at the end much more meaningful.

And no, this is no sarcasm. I am being completely sincere here. I'd honestly rate the movie 8.7/10.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

casirabit
12.19.2017 , 07:45 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post

A friend of mine on Reddit said he went to an 8pm saturday showing and barely anyone was in the theater. And he lives in a big city. Also one just has to look at social media, so far facebook, twitter, reddit and the chans are blasting the film. I get the feeling it will be on dvd in another 3 months at this point..
Well if you had taken the time to check the internet about the dvd, even before the movie was released there was a tentative date for the dvd in March/April so that was already planned and that was done before it was released which is normal with movies.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Ylliarus
12.19.2017 , 08:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Well if you had taken the time to check the internet about the dvd, even before the movie was released there was a tentative date for the dvd in March/April so that was already planned and that was done before it was released which is normal with movies.
Definitely.

Also, news that came in today: in the Netherlands the Last Jedi currently broke all records regarding viewers. Currently it's the most visited movie here and the reviews are very positive for the majority. I also read in another article that, here in the Netherlands, the movie is rated to be the #1 Star Wars movie at the moment, which in my opinion definitely says something! I know many of you don't know Dutch, but the articles don't lie

JennyFlynn
12.19.2017 , 08:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Definitely.

Also, news that came in today: in the Netherlands the Last Jedi currently broke all records regarding viewers. Currently it's the most visited movie here and the reviews are very positive for the majority. I also read in another article that, here in the Netherlands, the movie is rated to be the #1 Star Wars movie at the moment, which in my opinion definitely says something! I know many of you don't know Dutch, but the articles don't lie
I'm happy to hear that! I went to the very first showing in Utrecht Wednesday afternoon and it was surprisingly quiet, which worried me a little though I did rationalize given how it was only 4.30pm on a Wednesday, the biggest crowd would likely come that weekend.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

VarKoE
12.19.2017 , 09:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
Its clear to me then that disney set up some kind of bot network or have shill accounts making it look better.

The people have spoken the Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie made and has tanked. At this point Disney needs to ditch just about everyone who had anything to do with it and give Star Wars a break until they can find people loyal to the ideals of Star Wars to pick it up and redo it.
Your right, The people have spoken. But to quote Luke, this is not going the way you think. 1.7 billion dollar worldwide NOT counting merchandising , tv rights, etc. Just box office take. (See RT article explaining projected sales based on first weekend sales) My guess is they are not going to take your advice. I would not either if it was my money on the line.