Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

LeGrindMax's Avatar


LeGrindMax
12.17.2017 , 06:28 AM | #1
Was she the Phantom Menace of the Sequel Trilogy all along?

After all, Rian Johnson seems to be HER personal pet project /main man; [I]The Last Jedi [/I ]brings back the CGI overkill that TFA wisely avoided, the constant cuteness is back (merchandising), the forced/plastic humor is back (even in extremely dangerous situations), the explosions over a well-crafted plot are back...

it's kind of telling that SHE has GREENLIGHTED, OUT OF THE F BLUE, a new trilogy that will be directed by this Johnson guy; she has fired three directors already and ordered multiple reshoots for Rogue One (with the acquiescence of Disney?) , but this Johnson guy seems to encapsulate HER PERSONAL vision for Disney SW (CGI, merchandising, humor)

Thoughts?

LykaiaSovereign's Avatar


LykaiaSovereign
12.17.2017 , 07:58 AM | #2
who knows if its her doing, anyway judging from the reviews some heads will roll

CGI is nothing bad and we will see more and more of it since its almost 2018 and it only will get better
cute animals, yeah they are cute and fluffy and funny (sort of) but there were parts where they didnt belong and felt forced
honestly the biggest issue with the movie for me wasnt all that u mention, but
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/kwbg4P My Ref Link
If You find me helpful, You can help me as well.
Thanks in advance

Narasil's Avatar


Narasil
12.17.2017 , 05:22 PM | #3
Hopefully that retard Rian will be fired from the new trilogy, otherwise star wars is dead...
"A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned"-Shepard Book.

Joluka's Avatar


Joluka
12.17.2017 , 05:45 PM | #4
Last Jedi was an amazing film. Only thing I'm not sure about was Snoke, but otherwise, easy 10/10.
The Conrad Legacy


"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

AshenK's Avatar


AshenK
12.17.2017 , 07:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Narasil View Post
Hopefully that retard Rian will be fired from the new trilogy, otherwise star wars is dead...
This. The Last Jedi was just insulting, still it looks like it's going to bomb. Add in already a number of people I know decided to boycott the movie after what EA did with Battlefraud 2.

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
12.17.2017 , 08:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LeGrindMax View Post
Was she the Phantom Menace of the Sequel Trilogy all along?

After all, Rian Johnson seems to be HER personal pet project /main man; [I]The Last Jedi [/I ]brings back the CGI overkill that TFA wisely avoided, the constant cuteness is back (merchandising), the forced/plastic humor is back (even in extremely dangerous situations), the explosions over a well-crafted plot are back...

it's kind of telling that SHE has GREENLIGHTED, OUT OF THE F BLUE, a new trilogy that will be directed by this Johnson guy; she has fired three directors already and ordered multiple reshoots for Rogue One (with the acquiescence of Disney?) , but this Johnson guy seems to encapsulate HER PERSONAL vision for Disney SW (CGI, merchandising, humor)

Thoughts?
Maybe that's the job of a producer?

Seriously, what? You think you should call the shots? Sorry, you just like
Spoiler


You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
12.17.2017 , 10:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
This. The Last Jedi was just insulting, still it looks like it's going to bomb. Add in already a number of people I know decided to boycott the movie after what EA did with Battlefraud 2.
Just to follow up on this nice t-ball you set up for me, The Last Jedi did not bomb. It made the 2nd highest amount of money ever in the first weekend. Approximately $220 million in less than 4 days. The only movie ahead of it is The Force Awakens. So no, it didn't bomb.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
12.17.2017 , 10:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Just to follow up on this nice t-ball you set up for me, The Last Jedi did not bomb. It made the 2nd highest amount of money ever in the first weekend. Approximately $220 million in less than 4 days. The only movie ahead of it is The Force Awakens. So no, it didn't bomb.
That just goes to show you the kind of garbage people go to watch then. The real question shouldn't be how much it made on the 1st weekend, but how much it makes for as long as it's out. If it tanks after that 1st weekend, who cares how well it did that 1 weekend. It should be how well a movie did for the entire time it's on the big screen.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.18.2017 , 04:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
This. The Last Jedi was just insulting, still it looks like it's going to bomb. Add in already a number of people I know decided to boycott the movie after what EA did with Battlefraud 2.
Why are people so egocentric that only what they want to happen for the story would be good and rest is garbage according to them? You create too many wants and expectations for the story and it clouds your judgement. You hate it way too easily just because how you wanted the story to go didn't happen.

I loved the The Last Jedi, it was an amazing movie with a great storyline and addition to the entire Star Wars universe. It created something unique and incredibly enjoyable. And I say this as a hardcore Star Wars fun who has read much of the old EU content like the Thrawn trilogy and the Legacy of the Force bookseries, who is a great lover of the Legends content from the pre-movie eras. I theorize about the new movies and stories, sure, or speculate, but I have let go of the old EU continuity after RoTJ and let myself be carried by the new story stream. Guess what, it allowed me to really enjoy the new movies, books and comics, with the new canon being rather good, very good even!

If you are unable to let go of the EU continuity and want that to happen, perhaps the new movies aren't for you and you shouldn't watch them. It will save you much anger and disappointment and the rest won't have to feel bad to see an awesome story being bashed. However, I urge you to try to let go of what was before and try to go into the new stories with a fresh and open mind, it will make you see the new movies in a different and better light
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

AshenK's Avatar


AshenK
12.18.2017 , 05:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
That just goes to show you the kind of garbage people go to watch then. The real question shouldn't be how much it made on the 1st weekend, but how much it makes for as long as it's out. If it tanks after that 1st weekend, who cares how well it did that 1 weekend. It should be how well a movie did for the entire time it's on the big screen.
And already it looks like it's tanking.

A friend of mine on Reddit said he went to an 8pm saturday showing and barely anyone was in the theater. And he lives in a big city. Also one just has to look at social media, so far facebook, twitter, reddit and the chans are blasting the film. I get the feeling it will be on dvd in another 3 months at this point.

What a waste of a movie. Disney just dropped the ball big time and at this point? They should just call it quits with Star Wars. They have Avatar now and that can be the big money maker. Star Wars and the Marvel movies just went about being too sjw for their own good.