Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Women have to slap men in order to appear strong? Spoilers

Ylliarus
02.18.2018 , 08:01 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Eksenia View Post
Oh, neither am I. But it begs the quetion why you carry yourself with the supreme arrogance of a political commissar?
I'd call it my strongly developed sense of what is right and wrong and my will to battle injustice. There is a reason why I went to study law, so it's not arrogance, it's my sense of justice and my will to battle for what I believe is right. In this case, I passionately and heavily oppose sexism.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Eksenia
02.18.2018 , 10:42 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I'd call it my strongly developed sense of what is right and wrong and my will to battle injustice. There is a reason why I went to study law, so it's not arrogance, it's my sense of justice and my will to battle for what I believe is right. In this case, I passionately and heavily oppose sexism.
And your strong sense of right is dogmatic, because all alternatives to your subjective viewpoint are essentially blasphemous and must be met with force and no quarters whatsoever. If people disagree with you, it is not because they offer another point of view, it because they are essentially evil.
Your political opinions have transcended ideology to become religion.
Good for you.
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

DarthDymond
02.18.2018 , 11:14 AM | #103
And your strong sense of right is dogmatic, because all alternatives to your subjective viewpoint are essentially blasphemous and must be met with force and no quarters whatsoever. If people disagree with you, it is not because they offer another point of view, it because they are essentially evil.
Your political opinions have transcended ideology to become religion.
Good for you.
So calling out a sexist post as being sexist, and reporting a sexist post when sexism is against the message board's ToS = being "dogmatic" and treating all other points of view as "essentially evil"?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Eksenia
02.18.2018 , 11:39 AM | #104
I donít know snytning about that. I reacted to the tone and and arrogance of your posts in this thread.
It bears witness to a plague in modern society: the sacralization of opinion and ideology.
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

TalonVII
02.18.2018 , 11:53 AM | #105
I donít know snytning about that. I reacted to the tone and and arrogance of your posts in this thread.
It bears witness to a plague in modern society: the sacralization of opinion and ideology.
You don't have the right of the first amendment on a private forum that you agreed to the ToS when posting. So that point is moot.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

AlienEyeTX
02.18.2018 , 06:21 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
So calling out a sexist post as being sexist, and reporting a sexist post when sexism is against the message board's ToS = being "dogmatic" and treating all other points of view as "essentially evil"?
Sadly, this is what we're devolving into. Don't try to argue with the trolls. Pointing out something that is clearly sexist, or bigoted, only gets met with hypocritical accusations and victimism.

Stand for what you believe and don't be dragged down by those just looking to start trouble.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

devilkat
02.21.2018 , 07:09 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Sadly, this is what we're devolving into. Don't try to argue with the trolls. Pointing out something that is clearly sexist, or bigoted, only gets met with hypocritical accusations and victimism.

Stand for what you believe and don't be dragged down by those just looking to start trouble.
Problem is, the OP isn't being sexist in this instance. I can't comment on whether he is or not, since I don't actually know the guy, but, in this post, he's not being sexist. Dragging any sort of "ism" into the conversation is a smoke screen to silence someone who you disagree with. Let him say what he wants. If mere words hurt you, you fail at life. That is how we've gotten riots on college campuses because a speaker that a portion of the population disagrees with is coming. You disagree? So what? Don't listen. Or better, do listen. Debate. Talk. Screaming "sexist" or "racist" at someone and getting them banned simply to silence them shows a failing on your part, not theirs.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Ylliarus
02.26.2018 , 03:19 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post

I completely agree with you. But that's the tactic when you don't have anything sensible to bring to the discussion. Instead of asking me "why do you believe he is sexist" or "can you elaborate on your view?", the person in question immediately resorted to personal attacks by calling me "arrogant" amongst others. But that only shows me one thing: they were unable to think of a reasonable way to continue the discussion and make well thought out points and arguments.

Sadly it's the new way of arguing, when you are unable to think of something reasonable to say or run out of arguments, you resort to personal attacks. It's a pity, a great pity.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Titanstroke
03.25.2018 , 11:09 AM | #109
The strong woman message was lost in the slap and this is why I say that. If a man slaps a woman is he being strong or is he being an abuser, if it is fair for one sex it is fair for the other. Forcing the issue based on strength of will, knowledge and ability to convince others, and being the better person shows strength, the other way is a shortcut that would not be tolerated if it was done by a male character to a female character the outrage would be huge.

Two of the best bosses I ever had were women and they were great, one of the worst bosses I ever had was also a women, when I quit due that company due to the worst boss, I was told by a female HR person that I obviously had problems with having a female Director. That was inspite of having worked for a female boss and a female director and having turned down a promotion to stay in that group because of the excellent working environment prior to them leaving the company and the bad boss coming in. Oh and I held both sets up to the same standard that I held male bosses up to both good and bad.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes

annabethchase
04.01.2018 , 09:54 PM | #110
Ok, so we all have a copy of the movie now. Does anyone still want to argue that Leia didn't approve of Poe's plan?

Remember:
1) This was the plan in the first place or else bombers wouldn't have been scrambled with a very specific plan of where to drop the bombs
2) the bombers had hyperdrives (source, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MG-10...Fortress_SF-17 )
3) this wasn't a situation where communications were cut off, Leia could have ordered a retreat even after Poe cut his radio.
4) the ship was a "fleet killer" and at that time they were still a small fleet. Kind of necessary to take out, especially if the cost is only 8 or so bombers. I believe the monitor Leia looks at in that scene is literally the entire "bomber squadron" based on what's shown on screen and what's discussed as the size of the squadrons in "bomber command" novel.

My conclusions:
There are multiple scenes in the movie where Leia shows she's simply tired of losing her people. She helped build this plan in the first place, but still hates to see the actual losses. She knows it was 100% necessary or she would have given the bombers the order to jump to hyperspace.

Even clearer, Poe doesn't lose any status with her at all. In fact, she uses it to start grooming him for even higher leadership levels. In the final evacuation scenes it looks like she is perfectly willing to let him be THE leader. It was a clear "passing of the torch" type scene IMO. Out of universe, but clearly relevant, with Carrie's passing, I believe Poe will hold the highest military rank in Ep9.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F