Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force jumpers

Kelenan
12.27.2011 , 11:17 PM | #1
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a bounty hunter with a rocket pack currently level 37. I find it frustrating in huttball that the force users can jump from platform to platform at will making it so i cannot chase them.

But I a bounty hunter with a rocket pack cannot jump from platform to platform.

I find this to be a pain and unbalanced. If this ability becomes available to my class at a later level I'm sorry for posting this.

But as of now it sucks hard.
CE VIP

Felene
12.27.2011 , 11:18 PM | #2
Depends on your ac as a BH, you do have jet charge and grapple.

DrSparkles
12.27.2011 , 11:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Felene View Post
Depends on your spec as a BH, you do have jet charge or grapple.
Exactly, sounds like OP is just venting his RP issues and using the warzone as an excuse. If he were to get his way we'd also have to concede letting Sith force strangle you from the spawn point, smugglers always shooting first, and troopers dying from a single blaster shot.

All would be fine until it gets really awkward with the Jedi getting the ability to kiss their sisters.

taoyinyang
12.27.2011 , 11:31 PM | #4
I a bounty hunter on my server Jump from platform to platform with the slightest of ease. <sings>
Im Pyrotech btw. Protection Spec. BALL HANDLER AND DEFENSE OF FIRKRANN CRYSTAL PVP
WHOOO! Hawkson baby, Hawkson.
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Patient
http://www.Justin.tv/Cyberrank10 Hawkson - Firkrann Crystal Server Livestream

Hawkson Powertank, Grand Champion of the great hunt

DrSparkles
12.27.2011 , 11:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by taoyinyang View Post
I a bounty hunter on my server Jump from platform to platform with the slightest of ease. <sings>
Im Pyrotech btw. Protection Spec. BALL HANDLER AND DEFENSE OF FIRKRANN CRYSTAL PVP
WHOOO! Hawkson baby, Hawkson.
You're a lumber jack and that's ok.

oblongship
12.27.2011 , 11:55 PM | #6
By the OPs logic I should as a Jedi be able to reflect all your blaster fire, crush your jetpack with the force...or you depending on my alignment...or hold you in place and 1 shot you with a saber.

Donnicton
12.28.2011 , 12:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DrSparkles View Post
Exactly, sounds like OP is just venting his RP issues and using the warzone as an excuse. If he were to get his way we'd also have to concede letting Sith force strangle you from the spawn point, smugglers always shooting first, and troopers dying from a single blaster shot.

All would be fine until it gets really awkward with the Jedi getting the ability to kiss their sisters.

Wrong.

Powertechs can have rocket jump and grapple, Mercenaries get neither. It is a legitimate complaint for an advanced class that can not obtain them short of rerolling.

matthrms
12.28.2011 , 12:08 AM | #8
You're right, BH is such a trash class ......

.................................................. ......
.................................................. .....

aRtFuL
12.28.2011 , 12:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Donnicton View Post
Wrong.

Powertechs can have rocket jump and grapple, Mercenaries get neither. It is a legitimate complaint for an advanced class that can not obtain them short of rerolling.
If merc gets it then merc AC will be absolutely devastating and overpowered - the catch is always that powertech/vanguard gest mobility and merc/commando gets devastating long range aoes and cone of fire attacks.

If mercs gets mobility as well there will be no point in having powertech in pvp (since mercs also wears heavies and are survivable despite not having tanking talents).

taoyinyang
12.28.2011 , 12:18 AM | #10
I dunno know about that one, As a Tank power-tech <and loving it> my Merc buddies go down pretty fast if the opponent catches on I've been pulling them away from healers and nodes and charging into them when they try to capture things.

It took time for me to like the class seeing 1000's of Jedis everywhere but I do have to say we are a unique class that rewards the player for sticking in there. Hell I'm only 34 and excited every Kill/Grapple/Shock/Rocket Smash of the way.
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Patient
http://www.Justin.tv/Cyberrank10 Hawkson - Firkrann Crystal Server Livestream

Hawkson Powertank, Grand Champion of the great hunt