Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Copero flashpoint decorations

Mireleni
12.14.2017 , 03:34 PM | #1
I love the new Copero decorations--both from the Cartel pack and the flashpoint--and I'm particularly happy to have more opportunity for decorations from flashpoints. I'm curious whether anyone has noticed patterns in the drop rates of the Copero flashpoint decorations, e.g., if there are certain decos that drop from certain bosses or certain difficulty modes, or if some are rarer than others. I'm also curious if people have noticed certain ones dropping that are bound on pickup. My starting point is to assume everything is random, unless we see evidence otherwise.

I've run the flashpoint on Story Mode enough times to have about 50 decorations from this flashpoint. Looking at the list from Dulfy (here), I have not yet found these three:
Copero Resort Rug
Copero Resort Table
Fruit Stand

Has anyone found these? I know my lack of these decos could easily be explained by RNG and my bad luck, or by these being exclusive to Veteran or Master Mode. However, in investigating these decos on TOR Decorating (here), they are all slightly suspicious. The Copero Resort Rug has no page in TOR Decorating. The Copero Resort Table and Fruit Stand look identical to the Cantina Bar Table and Arrangement: Copero City Market Stall from the latest pack, which makes it seem as if maybe they were quickly removed so as not to duplicate those. That's why I'm curious whether anyone has found these decorations, and particularly if you have found them recently (maybe after the first day of the flashpoint's release). I also haven't seen any of these listed on the GTN when I have checked, though their absence could be explained by my bad timing or them being bind on pickup.

Which brings me to my next observation: Every time I get Paper Lantern, it binds on pick up. Has anyone else observed the same thing, with this or any other decoration?

Lastly, I haven't been keeping track of which boss drops which decoration, but it feels like there might be a pattern. I think I usually get the Copero Large Fountain from the first boss, and the Paper Lantern from the last boss. Anyway, I'm going to make note of it from now on, and I'm curious whether anyone else has observed such a pattern. It would be nice to know, for example, that we only have to go up to the 2nd boss to farm a specific decoration. It's probably just random, but worth finding out. Thanks!
Visit my Resort on Tatooine! (Part 1/Part 2). Second location now on Nar Shaddaa.
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

CrazyScruffy
12.14.2017 , 04:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
I love the new Copero decorations--both from the Cartel pack and the flashpoint--and I'm particularly happy to have more opportunity for decorations from flashpoints. I'm curious whether anyone has noticed patterns in the drop rates of the Copero flashpoint decorations, e.g., if there are certain decos that drop from certain bosses or certain difficulty modes, or if some are rarer than others. I'm also curious if people have noticed certain ones dropping that are bound on pickup. My starting point is to assume everything is random, unless we see evidence otherwise.

I've run the flashpoint on Story Mode enough times to have about 50 decorations from this flashpoint. Looking at the list from Dulfy (here), I have not yet found these three:
Copero Resort Rug
Copero Resort Table
Fruit Stand

Has anyone found these? I know my lack of these decos could easily be explained by RNG and my bad luck, or by these being exclusive to Veteran or Master Mode. However, in investigating these decos on TOR Decorating (here), they are all slightly suspicious. The Copero Resort Rug has no page in TOR Decorating. The Copero Resort Table and Fruit Stand look identical to the Cantina Bar Table and Arrangement: Copero City Market Stall from the latest pack, which makes it seem as if maybe they were quickly removed so as not to duplicate those. That's why I'm curious whether anyone has found these decorations, and particularly if you have found them recently (maybe after the first day of the flashpoint's release). I also haven't seen any of these listed on the GTN when I have checked, though their absence could be explained by my bad timing or them being bind on pickup.

Which brings me to my next observation: Every time I get Paper Lantern, it binds on pick up. Has anyone else observed the same thing, with this or any other decoration?

Lastly, I haven't been keeping track of which boss drops which decoration, but it feels like there might be a pattern. I think I usually get the Copero Large Fountain from the first boss, and the Paper Lantern from the last boss. Anyway, I'm going to make note of it from now on, and I'm curious whether anyone else has observed such a pattern. It would be nice to know, for example, that we only have to go up to the 2nd boss to farm a specific decoration. It's probably just random, but worth finding out. Thanks!
the resort table is misnamed, it is actually called Cantina Bar Table and comes from the pack. same thing with the fruit stand, wrongly named and is called Arrangement: Copero City Market Stall, and again that comes from the pack not FP. as for the carpet, not sure about that one, haven't seen it on GTN or dropped in the FP.

LordFell
12.23.2017 , 05:22 PM | #3
Can we talk about how useless the Copero Large Bar is, for a second?

...it's a Center piece, so it's impossible to place it somewhere where there's also hooks to put things around the bar. The deco is also "backless" so you really want it placed up against a wall. I don't think there is a center piece in ANY stronghold that you can use to place a deco against a wall... because, center piece hooks are almost always (as the name implies) set in the center of an area. It's also kinda too big to put in any place you would want to put a bar in.

Decorations are SRS BZNS. People regularly pay cartel coins to expand and decorate their strongholds. Cartel Coins are the lifeblood of SWTOR; they keep the servers up and the lights on. The decoration designers have to... not be completely incompetent. They have to understand how strongholds are put together, how hooks work, how decorations should fit into areas. Good decoration design is actually important to the game's business.

Spending time and resources making things that are completely useless is really... I dunno. Disappointing isn't the word I want. It's like... your Tricycle Limousine. The maker of such a thing should be beaten and given derision for desert. It's like... you need to take your car in. But, the garage you take it to, they're not mechanics, but they watch a lot of Nascar.

Capella
12.27.2017 , 07:45 AM | #4
I totally agree about the bar being a centerpiece, I'd like it to be able to be fit on a large so we could move it against a wall, just as you said.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

ceryxp
12.27.2017 , 10:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Capella View Post
I totally agree about the bar being a centerpiece, I'd like it to be able to be fit on a large so we could move it against a wall, just as you said.
We wouldn't be able to put it against a wall even if it fit on a large. I have that problem with the multi-state mainframe from Rishi. It has no back and can't be offset enough to put it against a wall. What we really need to greater X and Y range than +/-20.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Xina_LA
12.27.2017 , 11:22 AM | #6
I'm always amazed when the devs add another Centerpiece-only decoration. For awhile there, I couldn't count the number of threads where players complained about having so many Centerpiece decos, compared to so few Centerpiece hooks. (Especially when some are out of reach, some are in tiny rooms, and some are beneath hanging cables where tall items won't fit.)

I love the Copero decorations, but three of them have bugs and the Centerpiece ones are hard to find a home for.

Perhaps it's time to start another deco thread in the Suggestion Box, with feedback on hook sizes and such?

I did post a thread asking for more than +/- 20 for the X/Y slider in the Suggestion Box, but few people replied, so I wonder if the devs thought it wasn't really important.

On a side note, I would really like to know where to get the Copero Wall Fountain.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

CrazyScruffy
12.27.2017 , 01:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post

...it's a Center piece, so it's impossible to place it somewhere where there's also hooks to put things around the bar. The deco is also "backless" so you really want it placed up against a wall. I don't think there is a center piece in ANY stronghold that you can use to place a deco against a wall... because, center piece hooks are almost always (as the name implies) set in the center of an area. It's also kinda too big to put in any place you would want to put a bar in.

Decorations are SRS BZNS. People regularly pay cartel coins to expand and decorate their strongholds. Cartel Coins are the lifeblood of SWTOR; they keep the servers up and the lights on. The decoration designers have to... not be completely incompetent. They have to understand how strongholds are put together, how hooks work, how decorations should fit into areas. Good decoration design is actually important to the game's business.

Spending time and resources making things that are completely useless is really... I dunno. Disappointing isn't the word I want. It's like... your Tricycle Limousine. The maker of such a thing should be beaten and given derision for desert. It's like... you need to take your car in. But, the garage you take it to, they're not mechanics, but they watch a lot of Nascar.
while I agree with your sentiment and issues, the Manaan SH has center piece hooks against walls. but even then Manaan has its own issues.

PlagaNerezza
12.27.2017 , 02:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post

Tatooine has some places it works. However, I agree. This should have large hook.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

casirabit
12.27.2017 , 05:44 PM | #9
Yes the bar is a problem. I wanted to place it on a hook where I could put some companions around it but it is not possible when it is put on a centerpiece hook and then even if you change it you don't have the small hooks that normal large hooks have so the problem still exists.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
12.27.2017 , 05:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I'm always amazed when the devs add another Centerpiece-only decoration. For awhile there, I couldn't count the number of threads where players complained about having so many Centerpiece decos, compared to so few Centerpiece hooks. (Especially when some are out of reach, some are in tiny rooms, and some are beneath hanging cables where tall items won't fit.)

I love the Copero decorations, but three of them have bugs and the Centerpiece ones are hard to find a home for.

Perhaps it's time to start another deco thread in the Suggestion Box, with feedback on hook sizes and such?

I did post a thread asking for more than +/- 20 for the X/Y slider in the Suggestion Box, but few people replied, so I wonder if the devs thought it wasn't really important.

On a side note, I would really like to know where to get the Copero Wall Fountain.
The Wall fountain drops in the flashpoint. There is another one called the elegant fountain that is in the pack. I have looted 4 of the Copero Wall Fountains.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj