Is anyone killing VM Master&Blaster

As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has been killing Veteran Mode (former Hard Mode) Master and Blaster in Ravagers. And I mean legitimate kills, not a got lucky and got a super bugged shield so we killed it and never looked back kill. Both the progression raid teams in my guild have been working on this fight for most of 5.0 and have yet to have a successful phase 3.

I'm just wondering if it is a skill issue, or if this fight requires an impossible amount of perfection that most will never reach. I may be walking away from raiding all together if my guild keeps banging their heads against this wall.

There are guilds that hav killed this boss in 5.0. Most of them though after their kill do not go back because most people don't consider the fight fun. There are also no vanity items or titles that are exclusive to HM Rav. Most people would much rather get a mount, title or 248 drop.

Yes, it's quite an easy fight if you have two things, a good raid leader and at least one competent tank. You need the raid leader to quickly and correctly call out movement and positions for the group, assuming everyone understands where to move (which, to be fair isn't that hard) and your tanks are able to provide the group with more area to move around in through leap/hold the line usage, that is it.

Master phase is kinda easy, just kit and either cheese the beam or have a DPS take all stacks, a mistake I often see here is low DPS on master meaing more beams which in turn makes it more problematic. Then last phase is more or less a DPS race combined with high DTPS and again, a need for a competent tank (note that one competent tank is enough, the second one can be about average skill level and you are still fine) to handle stacks and debuff.

I have killed it several times with multiple groups of a large variety of skill and these two factors feels to be key components when it comes to killing it, sure you might need an hour or two to get the tactics down if most of your group is new, but often it's either a incompetent raid leader, low dps, low hps, bad tactical execution (beam, mines and red field) or bad tanking that results in wipes upon wipes.

Edited by RikuvonDrake