Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yavin PVP map - great map; ruined by cross faction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Yavin PVP map - great map; ruined by cross faction

Sounders_Fan
12.12.2017 , 06:16 PM | #1
have to say, I really like the map. interesting little twist on the civil war map.

But I really hate cross faction queuing. that alone make me dislike the map as I do the proving grounds the huttball #2

TrixxieTriss
12.12.2017 , 08:20 PM | #2
Why is it ruined by cross faction?
Nothing in your OP supports the title of this thread.
If you don’t like the cross faction, at least tell us why

KumbayaGOD
12.12.2017 , 08:34 PM | #3
i like the new map and cross faction dont bother me, personally i like this better than civil war because there is no dome in mid so you can look your position better and i think the middle area seem bigger also not too cramped up
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

SlightlySychotic
12.12.2017 , 08:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Why is it ruined by cross faction?
Nothing in your OP supports the title of this thread.
If you don’t like the cross faction, at least tell us why
I find people tend to fall into two camps:

1) “I picked a faction and I want that to mean something!” Basically hardcore RP or team-focused players. Lore is a good reason but it shouldn’t be an end-all be-all rationality.

2) (More commonly) “The other faction sucks! I don’t want them on my team!” This one is completely unjustifiable. The point of cross-faction is to help even out the shortfall the losing faction typically suffers. It helps them catch up in terms and (hopefully) develop the skills they wouldn’t develop getting stomped one-sided.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

teclado
12.12.2017 , 09:03 PM | #5
I liked cross faction prior to the server merges. After, I kind of hate it. Of course it makes all the sense in the world for cross faction in solo ranked, but we don't get that.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

TrixxieTriss
12.12.2017 , 09:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
I find people tend to fall into two camps:

1) “I picked a faction and I want that to mean something!” Basically hardcore RP or team-focused players. Lore is a good reason but it shouldn’t be an end-all be-all rationality.

2) (More commonly) “The other faction sucks! I don’t want them on my team!” This one is completely unjustifiable. The point of cross-faction is to help even out the shortfall the losing faction typically suffers. It helps them catch up in terms and (hopefully) develop the skills they wouldn’t develop getting stomped one-sided.
Yes, I think most QQ is about number 2.
Which just means they like be able to smash the less capable players. I have no sympathy for people who fall into category 2.
I think cross faction is the best thing for this game now because the populations are much lower. It also stops one faction dominating another and stops people from faction jumping just so they can dominate lesser skilled players.
Like when reps are dominating and imps jump to reps so they don’t lose as much and then when Imps start winning again, they jump back to Imps. What this means is we will finally see who the people are who need to be carried because they can’t faction hop to get the better teams
Sadly, unless they make all WZs cross faction, this faction jumping will continue to happen and one faction will keep getting told how bad they are and people will rage quit this new map if too many of that faction are on their team. This happens to often in odessen (besides people leaving because of the map).
IMO, what we need is cross faction in all maps and I would like to see this implemented sooner rather than later. They could at least introduce it to maps like Hutt Ball, which isn’t really RP faction dominated because you never even know if they are the other faction until you engage. It is rotworms and frogdogs and not imp vs rep. They could even introduce it to civil war because it’s a “civil war” of houses.
I feel bad for the RPers who like the faction vs faction, but the health of pvp is more important IMO and that means we need cross faction for “all” WZs, but not necessarily arena. IMO, arena should stay faction vs faction and also have it’s own queue like Ranked does.

Edit- I’ve started a discussion the gen section about seperate queues for arena and objective pvp,

SlightlySychotic
12.12.2017 , 10:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yes, I think most QQ is about number 2.
Which just means they like be able to smash the less capable players. I have no sympathy for people who fall into category 2.
I think cross faction is the best thing for this game now because the populations are much lower. It also stops one faction dominating another and stops people from faction jumping just so they can dominate lesser skilled players.
Like when reps are dominating and imps jump to reps so they don’t lose as much and then when Imps start winning again, they jump back to Imps. What this means is we will finally see who the people are who need to be carried because they can’t faction hop to get the better teams
Sadly, unless they make all WZs cross faction, this faction jumping will continue to happen and one faction will keep getting told how bad they are and people will rage quit this new map if too many of that faction are on their team. This happens to often in odessen (besides people leaving because of the map).
IMO, what we need is cross faction in all maps and I would like to see this implemented sooner rather than later. They could at least introduce it to maps like Hutt Ball, which isn’t really RP faction dominated because you never even know if they are the other faction until you engage. It is rotworms and frogdogs and not imp vs rep. They could even introduce it to civil war because it’s a “civil war” of houses.
I feel bad for the RPers who like the faction vs faction, but the health of pvp is more important IMO and that means we need cross faction for “all” WZs, but not necessarily arena. IMO, arena should stay faction vs faction and also have it’s own queue like Ranked does.
I’m actually kinda shocked that they haven’t already converted Huttball and arenas to cross faction. When the game first came out, Huttball was the only same-faction map explicitly because it was so easy to justify in terms of lore. No real reason why that shouldn’t apply to cross faction now.

As for converting all maps to cross faction, I’d rather they keep to the present trend of “re-skinning” older maps with different world tool sets. Part of me really wants a Belsavis “Voidstar” map.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Glower
12.13.2017 , 12:17 AM | #8
But i really like cross faction.

Also it is better when one faction dominates the server, less of Odessen i suppose (if there are no new bugs in the queue... ).
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

TrixxieTriss
12.13.2017 , 03:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
But i really like cross faction.

Also it is better when one faction dominates the server, less of Odessen i suppose (if there are no new bugs in the queue... ).
I like the new map too. It’s much more dynamic than Civil War because it’s smaller and has those stairs and its more open to see things too, while still giving you plenty of LoS

Rafiknoll
12.13.2017 , 04:54 AM | #10
Like posts #6 and #7, I also have the opinion that cross-faction on all maps (and GSF too) will be a great thing.
I also recall the devs claimed that they don't make everything cross faction due to the need to recreate all voice-overs (though if someone could find the source that would be nice), but tbh they are very lazy in terms of voice-overs anyway.

[KOFTE spoilers ahead]
Spoiler

As for the role players, well I am sorry but PVP is no room for role-playing. [Vanilla story + KOFTE/KOTET spoilers ahead]
Spoiler