Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling a little too easy?

Astradamous
01.05.2018 , 07:57 AM | #11
Well,now with the XP nerf. I just got sent to HOTH at level 33... There isnt anything there that I can even hit!! Thanks for the memories of having fun playing.

Great job guys keep up the good work...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ceryxp
01.05.2018 , 08:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Astradamous View Post
Well,now with the XP nerf. I just got sent to HOTH at level 33... There isnt anything there that I can even hit!! Thanks for the memories of having fun playing.

What nerf? Nothing was changed about the XP tables. Just the double XP event ended. If you're under level for the planet you one now, you would have been under level with the XP event. And you can always go back to a lower level planet and kill stuff, do planetary arcs, do explorer missions, do heroics, yeah know, all that stuff you used to have to do, but is now mostly optional, just to keep up with the planet level.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SteveTheCynic
01.05.2018 , 09:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
What nerf? Nothing was changed about the XP tables. Just the double XP event ended. If you're under level for the planet you one now, you would have been under level with the XP event. And you can always go back to a lower level planet and kill stuff, do planetary arcs, do explorer missions, do heroics, yeah know, all that stuff you used to have to do, but is now mostly optional, just to keep up with the planet level.
This, mostly.

The design of the system as it stands now is that when there is no XP event and you don't have XP buffs running, you will stay at-level if you do your class missions AND the per-planet Story Arc missions. (Given by NPCs with "<Story Arc: nameofplanet>" above their heads and a *purple* mission triangle. Mostly they are in or near spaceports or orbital stations, except for Dromund Kaas (Sandor by the Wall taxi point) and Coruscant (the Gree droids in the small room off the right-hand side(1) of the main big room in the Senate tower).

(1) Right-hand as seen when you enter from the Plaza, to the NORTH, after you do the Old Galactic Market phase.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Tofu_Shark
01.05.2018 , 10:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralph_Panda View Post
Now with just 1 healing companion you can easily survive the damage they do and pretty much kill all big hp targets by just spamming a few skills and watching a video which is kinda sad, there is no danger, it is too easy

The amount of health mobs have they do, you dont one shot them while leveling like some other games but there is really little challenge.

Havent reached the KotET but i am wondering how hard is "master" difficulty"? And can you start with it or do you need to first complete it under story/veteran?
It has been this way since the Great Dumbing Down of 4.0. You can keep your XP in check by using White Acute Module. However, I think it's only available during Gree Week now. You can pick it up on Fleet where the class spec reset being is.

Quote: Originally Posted by Astradamous View Post

If you're using the White Acute Module, you will need to do all content to be on level with whatever planet you're on. The ridiculous XP rewards that were made so in 4.0 allow you to only do your class story and be on level with the planet. So stop crying and figure out how you want to play. Removing content and features because a small majority doesn't like them harms everyone's experience and has negative repercussions on the game.

They could partly avoid this kind of frustration by adding a tutorial about XP. However, you have to be able to get to Fleet so you can get the WAM, so you'd have create another toon, then have the old toon mail the WAM to the new toon.
If I've been helpful or you liked my post, click my referral link
Also if you just want some free stuff.
Of course, I get something out of it too.