Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do we have another chance to get master Ranos (or another companions) ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Do we have another chance to get master Ranos (or another companions) ?

Jedi_guard
12.07.2017 , 06:37 PM | #1
Well, the title above does speak everything. I hope BW can bring back a chance to get old companions for subscribers in the near future. I pay for the whole content each month so why don't you grant me the full content in-game. Many of my friends who come back the game for a long time also want to have another opportunity to get lost companions. You can make a quest or a challenge to let us have it. Thank you so much!!!

psandak
12.07.2017 , 07:31 PM | #2
Short answer: No

Longer answer: No. BW has never offered limited time available anything once the chance has past. Never say never but chances are that if you missed out on a given reward - be it companion or something else - you are out of luck. That is not to say I am against them doing so, but if they ever do - just my opinion - they had better charge more for it than what someone had to pay (in sub fees) to get it after the fact, or else the "subscriber" and "event" rewards will have little meaning; "why pay for a subscription over the course of months when I can buy the reward later?"
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

CrazyScruffy
12.07.2017 , 10:32 PM | #3
you are not the first person to start such a thread, usually derails into a big argument. but in short: most likely not going to happen. while people ask for it doesn't seem likely, they never have, and honestly wouldn't want them too. takes away something from people who earned it, devalues it in my opinion. and I say that wanting things I missed out on. but its better to just leave it since its a waste of energy to ask for something I didn't earn

Leklor
12.08.2017 , 04:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Short answer: No

Longer answer: No. BW has never offered limited time available anything once the chance has past. Never say never but chances are that if you missed out on a given reward - be it companion or something else - you are out of luck. That is not to say I am against them doing so, but if they ever do - just my opinion - they had better charge more for it than what someone had to pay (in sub fees) to get it after the fact, or else the "subscriber" and "event" rewards will have little meaning; "why pay for a subscription over the course of months when I can buy the reward later?"
And yet they've recently done it.
For the anniversary of KOTOR they gifted Shadow of Revan and the classic Swoop Bike... Which was a sub-reward.
Now will they do a second DvL, I don't know (And I hope not in the format it was in) but I wouldn't be against it even if I already have Ranos.
I have no issue with someone getting the worst voiced companion ever if they do the same stuff as I have before. And even if they don't.
If Bioware declares "Just loging-in at X date gives you Ranos" then fine. Their game, their choice.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

pazzakey
12.08.2017 , 09:17 AM | #5
If they did another DvL event, then sure, I'm all for it.
Harbinger - RIP

SteveTheCynic
12.08.2017 , 10:18 AM | #6
OP: Master Ranos wasn't a subscriber reward. She was a reward for "winning" a certain level of winningness in an in-game event. Granted, the level of winningness required meant that it was effectively open only to subscribers, but the companion wasn't rewarded just for being a subscriber.

So I suffered through a pile of GSF matches, and a long list of flashpoints, and a couple of warzones, and a bunch of other things, and having done that, I got the reward.

The release of Darth Hexid for a small amount of activity was reasonable. Nobody had her before, and it didn't matter whether you earned Ranos or not.

But a new contest to get Ranos would raise interesting questions: so they release a new event that offers Master Ranos as a reward:
* What does it say if the level of winningness is reduced to Hexid-like levels?
* What do they offer to people who already earned Master Ranos?
* Alternative formulation of the above: what can they do to entice me to suffer through more GSF and run all those FPs again?
* How do they avoid epic complaints from people who missed the second bite at the cherry?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediAkemi
12.08.2017 , 11:01 AM | #7
This is why I prefer the Star Trek Online model where every hundred days of continued sub time nets you something new... granted, it's been two and a half years since I was able to play STO but the point stands.

Instead of things being one time only, everyone can earn them... at least in theory.

But yeah, it is highly unlikely that they'll offer another chance to get Master Ranos, Darth Hexid, Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla, or to rebuilt HK-55 and do his bonus chapter.
Don't lose hope though. Always in motion is the future.

PetFish
12.08.2017 , 01:10 PM | #8
/notsigned™
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

Monumenta
12.12.2017 , 11:55 PM | #9
/signed
I have all the sub and reward comps, I believe they should be used to provide more content for current players in any way, current (or returning) sub rewards, new event, achievement, or mission rewards, cartel market sales, or whatever.
Swtor doesn't have the content to be holding out on anybody.

SteveTheCynic
12.13.2017 , 03:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
/signed
I have all the sub and reward comps, I believe they should be used to provide more content for current players in any way, current (or returning) sub rewards, new event, achievement, or mission rewards, cartel market sales, or whatever.
Swtor doesn't have the content to be holding out on anybody.
But what do you offer people who already have those things? What do they say for the next subscriber reward? "Be a subscriber on date X to get this, or wait a while and buy it in-game"? Doesn't sound very enticing.

No, while they do need to provide more content, they need to do so by providing *NEW* content.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.