Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Novel idea for the legacy armor storage issue?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Novel idea for the legacy armor storage issue?

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
12.07.2017 , 04:41 PM | #1
So, devs! As you know, legacy armor quantities have gone off of the reservation since legacy items were originally introduced. And I mean really far off of the reservation! When the sheer amount of available legacy gear takes up a minimum of 3 full banks (all tabs), then it's time to do something here.


ENTER...

LEGACY TOKENS

  • Remove the "Legacy" coding of the current legacy armors, weapons, items
  • Add those items to the collection system (under their own special legacy tab)
  • Players collect the legacy items/armor as per normal in order to unlock it in the collections system
  • Each time a legacy item is unlocked in the collections system, the player will receive a "Legacy Token"
  • Players can reclaim the armor/items as per the normal reclaim process from the legacy tab section
  • The "Legacy Token" can then be applied anytime to the reclaimed armor/item
    (Turning it back into a normal legacy item)
  • The tokens can be added/removed at anytime without fees




Ok devs /thoughts?

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

MWidowmaker's Avatar


MWidowmaker
12.07.2017 , 05:11 PM | #2
or just add them in collections
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
12.07.2017 , 06:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
or just add them in collections
That's brilliant! I wonder why none of us ever thought of that before.

The devs have stated that it's technically impossible for them to do so. Some conflicts in the coding. So we are left with either a horrible storage issue, or at least coming up with some potentially workable ideas as a work around.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

NHBabe's Avatar


NHBabe
12.07.2017 , 06:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
That's brilliant! I wonder why none of us ever thought of that before.

The devs have stated that it's technically impossible for them to do so. Some conflicts in the coding. So we are left with either a horrible storage issue, or at least coming up with some potentially workable ideas as a work around.
Why not just give us another Legacy Hold - it could even be called Legacy 2. It's obvious adding to the existing one isn't possible due to lag issues some people have, so give us another one to use as well. I don't see why this isn't possible.
"You're already dead. Just lie down." HK-51

"Die horribly!" HK-55

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
12.07.2017 , 06:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NHBabe View Post
Why not just give us another Legacy Hold - it could even be called Legacy 2. It's obvious adding to the existing one isn't possible due to lag issues some people have, so give us another one to use as well. I don't see why this isn't possible.
I wouldn't mind that solution, however, I have little over half of all the legacy armors/items in the game, and that alone takes up 3 full banks. So there needs to be a big solution. I'd be fine with a bank that has enough storage that it would be equal to 6+ banks.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
12.07.2017 , 09:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
So, devs! As you know, legacy armor quantities have gone off of the reservation since legacy items were originally introduced. And I mean really far off of the reservation! When the sheer amount of available legacy gear takes up a minimum of 3 full banks (all tabs), then it's time to do something here.


ENTER...

LEGACY TOKENS

  • Remove the "Legacy" coding of the current legacy armors, weapons, items
  • Add those items to the collection system (under their own special legacy tab)
  • Players collect the legacy items/armor as per normal in order to unlock it in the collections system
  • Each time a legacy item is unlocked in the collections system, the player will receive a "Legacy Token"
  • Players can reclaim the armor/items as per the normal reclaim process
  • The "Legacy Token" can then be applied anytime to the reclaimed armor/item
    (Turning it back into a normal legacy item)
  • The tokens can be added/removed at anytime without fees




Ok devs /thoughts?
IMO, that would depend on how that "legacy token" was coded. IMO, certain things should be bound to character and NOT legacy bound, including but not limited to: relics, earpieces, implants and certain BOP items that are earned per character, such as the armors from the new FP.

If that legacy token could be coded so that it would not work on relics, implants, earpieces and items such as the the armors from the new FP, then it would be a more viable solution.

That does sound like a lot of intense coding and work just for what amounts to a simple storage issue, especially when no one is being forced to keep all those legacy armors and/or weapons, though.

RagnarAugustus's Avatar


RagnarAugustus
12.07.2017 , 11:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
or just add them in collections
Probably hasn't already happened because the coding flags for collections vs legacy gear conflict in the coding. I'd love to have them both it seems like an either or scenario and I like my legacy armor and weapons.

Holocron's Avatar


Holocron
12.08.2017 , 07:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
IMO, that would depend on how that "legacy token" was coded. IMO, certain things should be bound to character and NOT legacy bound, including but not limited to: relics, earpieces, implants and certain BOP items that are earned per character, such as the armors from the new FP.

If that legacy token could be coded so that it would not work on relics, implants, earpieces and items such as the the armors from the new FP, then it would be a more viable solution.

That does sound like a lot of intense coding and work just for what amounts to a simple storage issue, especially when no one is being forced to keep all those legacy armors and/or weapons, though.
I envisioned it as the token only working on the same type of gear it was pulled from, similar to armorings. So if you got a legacy token for a weapon let's say, then it could only be applied to a weapon that was reclaimed from the unlocked weapons listed in the legacy sub tab of the collections.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
12.08.2017 , 08:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Holocron View Post
That's brilliant! I wonder why none of us ever thought of that before.

The devs have stated that it's technically impossible for them to do so. Some conflicts in the coding. So we are left with either a horrible storage issue, or at least coming up with some potentially workable ideas as a work around.
Eric also said it wasn't possible to rename the Hot Prospect server......so, yeah...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
12.08.2017 , 08:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Eric also said it wasn't possible to rename the Hot Prospect server......so, yeah...
Hahahaha
#Arcannite
For The Empire