Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
12.07.2017 , 01:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Follow-up: is your body prepared for the wave of complaints on 12/13 from those not chosen?
Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
12.07.2017 , 01:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)
This contest is sponsored by Nvidia not EA or SWTOR and therefore Nvidia is the one that decides how many codes they will send out, not EA or SWTOR.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 01:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)
Not to mention it was originally announced 12.06.2017. They can hardly take it back now simply because of BF2.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
12.07.2017 , 03:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
This contest is sponsored by Nvidia not EA or SWTOR and therefore Nvidia is the one that decides how many codes they will send out, not EA or SWTOR.
The promotion is being run in conjunction with the game so they are party to the promotion be it good or bad.

I for one would rather that cosmetic and other game rewards be attained inside the gameplay itself. If its something anyone can do such as Like and share a facebook post or watch their advert or whatever I'd be somewhat supportive of the promotion but I don't like to see promotions such as this that divide the playerbase rather than unite and enlarge it.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
12.07.2017 , 03:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
but I don't like to see promotions such as this that divide the playerbase rather than unite and enlarge it.
You must be new here. Allow me to welcome you to the SWTOR forums where everything divides the community.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Krazhez's Avatar


Krazhez
12.07.2017 , 03:32 PM | #26
Why are people upset about this?
You don't have to spend a dime, and you get effectively entered into a contest to win some items. Something they don't have to give.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
12.07.2017 , 03:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazhez View Post
Why are people upset about this?
You don't have to spend a dime, and you get effectively entered into a contest to win some items. Something they don't have to give.
Because I need to move to Norway in order to have a chance at getting the first Chiss-themed mount in game. That's why I'm, well, not upset -- more like somewhat annoyed and pissed.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
12.07.2017 , 03:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Follow-up: is your body prepared for the wave of complaints on 12/13 from those not chosen?
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.
This is so good! I wish I had a bowl of popcorn for this thread.

Can you imagine Nvidia approaching EA? "Hey, you guys like RNG gambling. How about this idea...."
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
12.07.2017 , 03:52 PM | #29
lol all the cry babies in here this is a great show, half of the stuff they give away online I can't even enter due to location end of the day you win some and you lose some so man up and stop complaining as if you would win anyway lol.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
12.07.2017 , 05:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
lol all the cry babies in here this is a great show, half of the stuff they give away online I can't even enter due to location end of the day you win some and you lose some so man up and stop complaining as if you would win anyway lol.
I don't trust you. You like pineapple on pizza.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p