Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

dr_mike
12.07.2017 , 12:10 PM | #21
I stand corrected. Amazon was flipping over to the physical cards when I tried to view them.

Most if not all of the digitals are showing as not being available.

Excuse me.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Jesira
12.07.2017 , 02:39 PM | #22
WTB Explanation.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

TUXs
12.07.2017 , 02:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesira View Post
WTB Explanation.
Amazon seems to have pulled all the KOTFE/KOTET digital sales - Cartel Coins, game time cards etc...they still sell the physical and generic SWTOR game cards, but it seems like everything that had Valkorian or Arcaan pictured has been pulled.

Theories include (but are not limited to):
Game is shutting down (proof being digital codes are gone)
New expansion is coming soon (new artwork instead of 2-year old Eternal Throne crap)

I'm betting on the second...maybe not an expansion, but something other than KOTET for marketing.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AlienEyeTX
12.07.2017 , 02:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Amazon seems to have pulled all the KOTFE/KOTET digital sales - Cartel Coins, game time cards etc...they still sell the physical and generic SWTOR game cards, but it seems like everything that had Valkorian or Arcaan pictured has been pulled.

Theories include (but are not limited to):
Game is shutting down (proof being digital codes are gone)
New expansion is coming soon (new artwork instead of 2-year old Eternal Throne crap)

I'm betting on the second...maybe not an expansion, but something other than KOTET for marketing.
I think you're right. There are still "things" on the roadmap and now there's this little promotion with NVidia, which would be silly to do if the game were closing.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

TUXs
12.07.2017 , 03:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
I think you're right. There are still "things" on the roadmap and now there's this little promotion with NVidia, which would be silly to do if the game were closing.
Agreed. Seeing NVIDIA mention the games existence is rare...I haven't seen them mention SWTOR since launch.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rrusalka
12.07.2017 , 03:07 PM | #26
I really hope you all are correct that would be good news. My sub ends towards the end of the month and I really don't want to put a card on file here again. I may have to coast F2P for a bit and see what comes.

IoNonSoEVero
12.07.2017 , 03:28 PM | #27
FWIW, they did fix the PayPal issue so if you have that, you can pay for stuff here without handing over your credit card number.

As for Amazon - I do think there is a significant chance the pulled the digital packs because they are moving toward the next expansion, and changing up the artwork and such.

However - I also think, when I consider it more, that they may also have had issues with the digital codes. The last few times I bought paid time or cartel coins from Amazon, I had to re-enter my credit card number and the purchase was delayed for about two hours for "verification." This has literally never happened with anything else I've ever bought on Amazon - and I'm Prime and they have quite a bit of my money - including expensive items, other digital items like music, etc. In fact even with these purchases, if I bought something else with the SWTOR time, the rest of the order would go through at once and only the SWTOR time purchase was held back for verification.

So - perhaps there was something shady happening with the codes that necessitated taking them off the other websites.

TUXs
12.07.2017 , 03:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
FWIW, they did fix the PayPal issue so if you have that, you can pay for stuff here without handing over your credit card number.

As for Amazon - I do think there is a significant chance the pulled the digital packs because they are moving toward the next expansion, and changing up the artwork and such.

However - I also think, when I consider it more, that they may also have had issues with the digital codes. The last few times I bought paid time or cartel coins from Amazon, I had to re-enter my credit card number and the purchase was delayed for about two hours for "verification." This has literally never happened with anything else I've ever bought on Amazon - and I'm Prime and they have quite a bit of my money - including expensive items, other digital items like music, etc. In fact even with these purchases, if I bought something else with the SWTOR time, the rest of the order would go through at once and only the SWTOR time purchase was held back for verification.

So - perhaps there was something shady happening with the codes that necessitated taking them off the other websites.
Interesting...sounds logical to me.

Jesira
12.07.2017 , 04:12 PM | #29
I never had trouble with digital codes from them, and why would a change in artwork matter for a digital code? I'm really hoping it really is about that, an expansion or whatever, but it's pretty weird that they'd even temporarily suspend sales of digital codes over that.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

lordcanth
12.07.2017 , 04:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Or... enough people are buying cartel coins and subscription time from the SWTOR site directly that it had become an unnecessary detour to buy it on Amazon. Are we all collectively forgetting we can also buy those things from the Store on this site which is frankly the easiest and direct way? I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the players bought their sub time and cartel coins directly from this site.

Also, do you think SWTOR would enter in a promotional contract with NVIDIA again like they did now if they were shutting down anytime soon? Think, think before you start assuming the worst. What is more likely? The devs invested a lot of resources, time and money into new soft and hardware for server merges to shut down the game a few months later? It is more likely the devs are silent because they are working on the as of yet unofficially confirmed expansion rather than that they are shutting down.

Again, think before resorting to doomsaying.
Which would be hella annoying. I despise giving my CC information out to more companies than absolutely necessary. If I have to give it to EA, I'd probably just not play SWTOR.