Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Amazon stopped selling digital subscriptions and cartel coins

Alec_Fortescue
12.07.2017 , 06:43 AM | #11
Maybe could be related to recent exploit? Bioware pulling digital codes for sub from 3rd party retailers so in the future (or maybe there is another exploit going on now?) they'll have easier time tracking down exploiters if they are stupid enough to use same credits cards on their fake accounts to sub.

DarthDymond
12.07.2017 , 07:36 AM | #12
There are a number of possible reasons those might have been made unavailable.
One of those possible reasons would be that EA has plans to shutter the game in the near future.
That's certainly not the only possible reason, but it is a genuine possibility.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

HuaRya
12.07.2017 , 09:47 AM | #13
Familiar people I know do the 60 Day paid cards on Amazon including myself. Most of this sites pages have 'Not Secure' .Amazon is fully secure. Back in the day a few of my guild mates had their accounts hijacked, the ones that had their card on file were really in deep bantha doo doo. If they want the only way to play this game be through this website then best of luck to them with that I'll have nothing to do with it.

Sinhammer
12.07.2017 , 10:35 AM | #14
Personally the only reason I ever used digital cards vs. the swtor site was to get the pets. The pets have been the same for a LOOOONG time, so it doesn't matter now. To add to this though--I'm no longer seeing cards (digital or otherwise) at Target either, and the only one listed at Best Buy now is a 2400cc one. I'm assuming that 2400 BB one was an oversight and it will disappear too.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

Rrusalka
12.07.2017 , 10:54 AM | #15
I hope they are not being pulled back to Origin or this site only. I stopped purchasing directly from here after the first time couple times I had issues. I have stuck to digital and physical time cards from Amazon for my sub for a long while now. This may spell the end for me if they only option is to direct purchase from here.

TUXs
12.07.2017 , 11:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
To take a more optimistic view, those were packages offered in conjunction with KOTFE/KOTET and they were at least two years old. It could be that they're preparing to release new ones.
I'm going to hope this is exactly what it means. Maybe next month we'll start seeing cards with Chiss on em
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

dr_mike
12.07.2017 , 11:44 AM | #17
Just for reference, the 180s are no longer available on amazon.

I'd provide a link but that just brings out the trolls.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Rrusalka
12.07.2017 , 11:45 AM | #18
It's not just the 180 day cards it's all the digital purchases for this game.

kodrac
12.07.2017 , 11:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm going to hope this is exactly what it means. Maybe next month we'll start seeing cards with Chiss on em
No no. It's the beginning of the Apocalypse.
No more free 7 days for you and nothing for me!

Mdgshorty
12.07.2017 , 12:07 PM | #20
Its all the time cards now. Along with cartel coins and knights of the eternal throne pack.
Star Forge
Sparkal - Scoundrel - Enduring Dawn
Sparkala - Scoundrel - COTP

7 Days free subscription time + free stuff = http://www.swtor.com/r/nKJJWc