Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So, I just finished SoR, and Charles Boyd was full of it with his KOTFE Retcon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, I just finished SoR, and Charles Boyd was full of it with his KOTFE Retcon

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
12.07.2017 , 09:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Didn't Charles Boyd make a seriously long post months back explaining certain things while admitting other stuff is yet to be answered?
Yes, but people blasted him for it because they didn't like his explanation.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath
referral -- FAQ

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 09:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Yes, but people blasted him for it because they didn't like his explanation.
This is why we can't have nice things.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
12.07.2017 , 09:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.
Yup, and people wonder why they get no extra info anymore about stuff. I read the explanation, didn't agree on it all but appreciated that he actually took the time to explain Valky. It was awesome! but we won't get that again because of the "I didn't like that reasoning so you're an idiot and trash writer" crowd. PSA: it really is possible to disagree or provide criticism without falling into insults and raging.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath
referral -- FAQ

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 10:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Yup, and people wonder why they get no extra info anymore about stuff. I read the explanation, didn't agree on it all but appreciated that he actually took the time to explain Valky. It was awesome! but we won't get that again because of the "I didn't like that reasoning so you're an idiot and trash writer" crowd. PSA: it really is possible to disagree or provide criticism without falling into insults and raging.
Yeah, I bet we'll never see a detailed response from Charles again. I guess having common decency is impossible for some.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.07.2017 , 10:06 AM | #25
Okay, so my memory didn't fail me.

Six months ago, the same OP of this thread created another thread also stating "After revisiting SoR grr grr KOTFE". Same premise though that one didn't start out with a focus on Vitiate's character development/mistakes.

Charles' answers back then.

The thread itself that got closed because it derailed so badly but it has plenty information on this stuff and in the final post, Eric links to other discussions on the subject. Just for those curious.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 10:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Okay, so my memory didn't fail me.

Six months ago, the same OP of this thread created another thread also stating "After revisiting SoR grr grr KOTFE". Same premise though that one didn't start out with a focus on Vitiate's character development/mistakes.

Charles' answers back then.

The thread itself that got closed because it derailed so badly but it has plenty information on this stuff and in the final post, Eric links to other discussions on the subject. Just for those curious.
I wonder why he keeps going at it.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
12.07.2017 , 10:10 AM | #27
ZION is okay! Leave him alone He had some great threads in the SWG forums back in the days!
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

that_Spartan_IV's Avatar


that_Spartan_IV
12.07.2017 , 10:10 AM | #28
They should have just killed him off permanently at the end of the Jedi Knight story like it was originally going to be, then allow us to move on to different things. We focused on that villain waaaaaaay too much.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
12.07.2017 , 10:16 AM | #29
My brain immediately went to Moby Dick with Zion starring as Capt. Ahab and Charles as the elusive white whale.

/shrug Dasty

davracahan's Avatar


davracahan
12.07.2017 , 10:19 AM | #30
Kotfe came around the same time Disney bought Star Wars and killed off the old Expanded Universe upon which SWTOR is based. I'm pretty sure whatever the continued story might have been before the buyout has been permanently shelved and they decided that they had carte blanche with the game since it has no true canon to comply with anymore.
"Oh yeah? Watch this!"