Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do I have to re-summon my companion so often?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why do I have to re-summon my companion so often?

FourPawnBenoni
12.06.2017 , 08:35 PM | #1
When I exit a war zone, why isn't my companion there? Maybe sometimes they are, but most of the time I have to waste some time.

Khaleg
12.06.2017 , 11:24 PM | #2
Yep, that is a very annoying bug and that for quite some time already. This happens when a company has no real love for their product, no vision and is so bad organized like Bioware is, chaotic is an understatement. The general bad attitude comes from EA though I guess. And Bioware is no own company anyore but an EA division.
The list of examples is almost endless, one thing that comes to my mind are the guild management tools which are not only buggy but a function lacking joke in general. Plus countless other examples.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

LordArtemis
12.06.2017 , 11:40 PM | #3
Yes, the respawn bug has existed since the launch of the game. Thankfully they fixed the companion buff bug, but this one still seems to pop up from time to time.

Sinhammer
12.07.2017 , 12:09 AM | #4
Ah yes, one of my favorite things to do in the game. Use a turbolift in a FP, not realize my companion despawned on me, and attack a bunch of mobs.

Absolutely.

Love.

It.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

Asmodesu
12.07.2017 , 12:13 AM | #5
This is annoying! what is also annoying is when companions will not stay dismissed when I don't want them around. They just keep on popping back in as summoned, when I want no companion at all.
player: "i want you here!" ;; companion: "NOPE, *despawns*"
player: "go away!" ;; companion "NOPE, I'm back!"
Both things could get a good addressing, seriously.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 12:17 AM | #6
It can be quite a pain yes! Just pretend your companion really wants to be around you.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Asmodesu
12.07.2017 , 12:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
It can be quite a pain yes! Just pretend your companion really wants to be around you.
Or when an hour later and they despawn randomly and I think "do I smell all of a sudden? come back! did I step in my Varactyl's poo?"
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 12:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Or when an hour later and they despawn randomly and I think "do I smell all of a sudden? come back! did I step in my Varactyl's poo?"
Lol!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

SteveTheCynic
12.07.2017 , 03:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Yes, the respawn bug has existed since the launch of the game. Thankfully they fixed the companion buff bug, but this one still seems to pop up from time to time.
There is still a companion buff bug. If you mount up, the companion disappears, which is normal, and then you ride along and approach some foes you want to fight. But this is your stealth character(1), so you tap the go-stealthy ability.

You come off the mount directly into stealth and your companion reappears, but doesn't pick up your class buff(s). If you dismount and wait for the companion to pick up the buffs, and THEN go stealthy, no problem.

(1) OK, I've only tested this on a Shadow, but on Infiltration AND Kinetic Combat. I don't really expect it to be different on Assassin, Scoundrel, or Operative.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Ingsoc_XT
12.07.2017 , 05:23 AM | #10
And what about the Iokath companion bugs?

You fast travel to Iokath, your companion is unsummoned.

You enter one of the forms (walker, monitor, turret, mouse droid) and, when you return to your character, no companion at all AND sprint ability disabled.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
(1) OK, I've only tested this on a Shadow, but on Infiltration AND Kinetic Combat. I don't really expect it to be different on Assassin, Scoundrel, or Operative.
It happens with any stealth class.

Also, if you're mounted and attack an enemy, sometimes the class buffs won't reload on your companion until the end of the fight.