Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why female NPCs should also be betrayers. (Mild Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why female NPCs should also be betrayers. (Mild Spoilers)

Xilizhra
01.03.2018 , 06:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Ashara (who tells the Jedi the player is going to be somewhere and has them ambushed)
For the record, this won't happen if you go full light side.

JALlewellyn
01.04.2018 , 04:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by basbaker View Post
...Prior to that, I remember my SW being betrayed by Quinn, her romance option.
He betrays you regardless of character sex. His betrayal is part of the Warrior storyline (he was put up to it by Darth Baras), not the Quinn romance storyline.

IoNonSoEVero
01.04.2018 , 10:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
For the record, this won't happen if you go full light side.
Wow, really? Good to know. My SI is always very kind to Ashara (not full light side, but really nice to her) and I've never had the scene without the Jedi there.

Xilizhra
01.05.2018 , 08:51 AM | #14
Wow, really? Good to know. My SI is always very kind to Ashara (not full light side, but really nice to her) and I've never had the scene without the Jedi there.
Oh, the Jedi will always be there, but you can be totally honest about everything and say that you need to go to the site to grab the ghost, so you'll be expecting to meet them there; however, they're the only ones who turn on you, not Ashara.

IoNonSoEVero
01.05.2018 , 10:59 AM | #15
Oh, the Jedi will always be there, but you can be totally honest about everything and say that you need to go to the site to grab the ghost, so you'll be expecting to meet them there; however, they're the only ones who turn on you, not Ashara.
Aha, I see. Ashara herself has never full out turned on me when I've been in that scene, but my SI did *not* know the Jedi were waiting for her. Ashara said something like, "I had to tell the Jedi you were coming!" and then got mad at me when I defeated them.

Xilizhra
01.05.2018 , 11:48 AM | #16
Aha, I see. Ashara herself has never full out turned on me when I've been in that scene, but my SI did *not* know the Jedi were waiting for her. Ashara said something like, "I had to tell the Jedi you were coming!" and then got mad at me when I defeated them.
With mine, she was upset, but not actually mad at me, given that it was self-defense.

DraonaiMimnov
01.05.2018 , 12:33 PM | #17
Wasn't there a Jedi master who turned out to be a sith spy in one of the sith stories on Corellia?
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

IoNonSoEVero
01.05.2018 , 01:39 PM | #18
With mine, she was upset, but not actually mad at me, given that it was self-defense.
I have a SIN coming up, and I'm going to see if I can get that reaction from Ashara too. In my case, she has yelled at my SI for killing the Jedi, and when my SI tried to explain that *they* attacked *her* and it was self defense, Ashara's response was something like "don't even give me that, you tried to recruit me to the Dark Side!"

Ashara and my SI were pals, though, despite that rocky start. I really like that the game allows you to have some pretty in-depth conversations about the Sith Code and philosophy with her, and that by the end of the SI story, as a result of those conversations, she's become a good friend and opened her mind to a more grey way of thinking about the Force.

Dracofish
01.05.2018 , 01:55 PM | #19
I have a SIN coming up, and I'm going to see if I can get that reaction from Ashara too. In my case, she has yelled at my SI for killing the Jedi, and when my SI tried to explain that *they* attacked *her* and it was self defense, Ashara's response was something like "don't even give me that, you tried to recruit me to the Dark Side!"

Ashara and my SI were pals, though, despite that rocky start. I really like that the game allows you to have some pretty in-depth conversations about the Sith Code and philosophy with her, and that by the end of the SI story, as a result of those conversations, she's become a good friend and opened her mind to a more grey way of thinking about the Force.
My SI always wavers around Dark 1 and Ashara has never turned on her. And if I remember correctly, she actually fights with the SI when the Jedi attack...and then she's like "ONOES, WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

But yes, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think of her, Ashara is one of my favorite companions. She plays wonderfully off of a SI and has some amazing conversation topics.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

IoNonSoEVero
01.05.2018 , 02:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
My SI always wavers around Dark 1 and Ashara has never turned on her. And if I remember correctly, she actually fights with the SI when the Jedi attack...and then she's like "ONOES, WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

But yes, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think of her, Ashara is one of my favorite companions. She plays wonderfully off of a SI and has some amazing conversation topics.
It seems like there are a lot of different reactions for Ashara in that scene - more than I knew about, for sure. I don't think my SI fought with her, and after the thing with the Jedi, Ashara helped her get the ghost, but she did have a little freakout when she realized she had pretty much just alienated herself from the Jedi. My SI is also aligned DS (she makes LS or DS choices, but I just left the alignment at DS and since one gets alignment points from everything...) and Ashara was cool with that.

Ashara's one of my favorites too and I'm sorry they haven't had her come back into the story yet. I thought they could have an interesting chapter with her in KOTFE/KOTET. IMHO she's a really nuanced character who's wrestling with a lot because she's faced with a major paradigm shift, and if the SI treats her like a person and actually discusses things with her, they end up building a good friendship.