Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really Angry and Disappointed About Corso Riggs' Storyline.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Really Angry and Disappointed About Corso Riggs' Storyline.

katmaglia
12.05.2017 , 08:22 PM | #21
The thing that bothers me most is that Corso is not a real person. Someone wrote that storyline and I don't think it sets a good example.
When I first looked online to check the story progression, I read many posts from women who found it very triggering for many different reasons. Some felt there were enough drunken, entitled jerks in the real world, some were reminded of unpleasant incidents, some were bothered by the chauvinistic attitude.
I saw that these comments went back a long time, I don't think it's such a monumental task to address an issue that has been bothering players for years.
I re-rolled my smuggler and I'll give the story writers the benefit of the doubt because I like the smuggler story, it is a change from the seriousness of the Jedi stories. It still feels pretty greasy, though.

LeelaSeventen
12.06.2017 , 08:57 AM | #22
I agree that part of the companion chat is a bit creepy, well most of his companion arc or convos (the first gun scene to me just rubs me the wrong way as a female) is just downright dumb. Which is probably why when I do other smugglers I tend to leave him on the ship.

Though I wonder if him and other other romances are meant to fit various tropes/stereotypes. He is the good oldboy typical dixieland type guy.

katmaglia
12.06.2017 , 11:12 AM | #23
Quote:
Though I wonder if him and other other romances are meant to fit various tropes/stereotypes. He is the good oldboy typical dixieland type guy.
I think Bioware should hold to a higher ideal. This is the future. And Jedis.

LeelaSeventen
12.06.2017 , 05:08 PM | #24
Well really the romance stuff and the companion stories are side quests that don't have to be done. I did Corso's story once, and all of my future smugglers will just leave him on the bridge.

I could use c2n2 during the whole story and not lose out in anything. Quite frankly I wouldn't mind a companion that was silent. Corso isn't the only bad choice in Romances. The Warrior can continue the romance after what Quinn does. Actually both male and females have could be counted as wrong choices in romances.

I find the whole having the flirting option with any of the companions off putting especially when it is the first or second conversation you have with them. It is strange I swear the game almost forces you to flirt with the companions. It will start with one flirt option and then for a while each convo wheel will start to have two flirt options (and always the non flirt is a mean comment)

Edit reason : I keep rethinking what I post also I keep seeing errors to fix.

Shayddow
12.08.2017 , 04:03 PM | #25
At least with my PB Sith Jedi knight, I can smack Doc for being such a lounge lizard!

And I wish the SW could have had a regular romance with Pierce, not just a 1 night stand
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Swingkittie
12.08.2017 , 06:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Do yourself a favor and don't make a Jedi Knight, Doc is the worst slimeball ever >_<
I don't know why there is all this hate toward Doc. I liked his character. He is funny, charming, and goofy at times. He has a real Bruce Campbell feel about him, which is why I liked his personality. He is funny with the male Knight, wanting him to tag along to bars cause it's good to have a Jedi around as a friend when you want to impress the ladies. His romance isn't creepy, but I guess I am just in the minority on that one. He eventually comes around and changes for the female knight.

I also didn't mind Corso's romance. I tortured him a bit with one of my characters though. She killed any women that there was an option for. She turned Beryl in. She made Rona work for her. She kept Torchy. She made out with Skaavak. She romanced Darmas and that Twi'lek guy. I honestly don't know why Corso still hung around after all that. Lol
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

AdharaKyleth
12.09.2017 , 06:28 AM | #27
I like it too! Ciorso may come on a little strong in that early convo, but he quickly backs down. If your character flirts a lot Corso will complain a lot, but it's pretty funny. It just depends on how you play your character. (Just, he hates it when you don't marry him in the second to last convo, and you can't stop the romance once you've started it)

Paraprhasing:
"We could do this properly, candles, food...."(Twi'lek flirting with the females smug on Balmorra)
Then Corso says something," Candles? She's allergic to candles!"
Theronite <3 Quinn <3
Adhara Kyleth Teraalin Nyx Scatha
http://www.swtor.com/r/fVFywm

LeelaSeventen
12.09.2017 , 07:53 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdharaKyleth View Post
I like it too! Ciorso may come on a little strong in that early convo, but he quickly backs down. If your character flirts a lot Corso will complain a lot, but it's pretty funny. It just depends on how you play your character. (Just, he hates it when you don't marry him in the second to last convo, and you can't stop the romance once you've started it)

Paraprhasing:
"We could do this properly, candles, food...."(Twi'lek flirting with the females smug on Balmorra)
Then Corso says something," Candles? She's allergic to candles!"
Ok that is a funny reaction. My question why does he have reactions to you flirting with others. I wonder if he has those even if you don't flirt with him? I think my issue was when I first played the character, I was playing her as older character. One that has been in the business for a long while. (almost 30). His first comment when I flirted with the guy on Coruscant threw me for a loop. It took me out of the gameplay. That and I didn't think the guy was that old. Then it there was all of these flirt things with Corso. I guess my issue was ok I am being forced to flirt with this person Why? To find out it was because I did a little fun flirt thing on the first planet. Then I felt like I was forced to be with this companion, then I got Bowdaar. Note this was my first time playing the game and the other MMO I play the companions (though not called that) don't speak or have stories.

On the Doc issue, he just wouldn't stop with the flirting and I didn't do any flirting. Unless one of the first options with him was a flirt when it wasn't labled as one. It was fun being mean to him though. No matter how mean I was too him he wouldn't stop. At least with theran he does stop. (or i picked the right responses to where he does stops). Doc's companion chats make him out to be not a nice person either, If Kaylio wouldn't touch him that tells you something.

AdharaKyleth
12.10.2017 , 06:41 AM | #29
In one of the very first conversations when he's drunk, you don't encourage him and just tell him to go to bed, the romance is over for good, and Corso won't mind if you flirt with others. However, if you got past that point, you can take Bowdaar or someone else with you if you plan to flirt. Unless you like seeing Corso get all jealous.
Theronite <3 Quinn <3
Adhara Kyleth Teraalin Nyx Scatha
http://www.swtor.com/r/fVFywm

SteveTheCynic
12.10.2017 , 07:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LeelaSeventen View Post
If Kaylio wouldn't touch him that tells you something.
It does, but I'm not 100% convinced it's the thing you think it is. For me, it says that she didn't think she could get what she wants from him. In a sense, when it comes to relationships, both of them have an element of control freak, of wanting to "steer" the relationship, although in their relationships with the player character, both of them eventually yield some part of that control to the player. Neither Kaliyo nor Doc was ready to yield that control to the other, and that turned Kaliyo way way off.

Run the Kaliyo/Agent romance some time, and you'll see what I mean.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.