Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really Angry and Disappointed About Corso Riggs' Storyline.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Really Angry and Disappointed About Corso Riggs' Storyline.

Shiyoni
12.05.2017 , 05:29 AM | #11
How sad and inappropriate, chill out. Not every character is goody two shoes, and certainly not in the smugglers team. If game had only perfect behaving characters it would be so boring and generic. You have plenty of flirt options outside your storyline.
My referral link - you'll get 1 week of subscription and preffered friends bundle - I get cartel coins.

Cuiwe
12.05.2017 , 05:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by katmaglia View Post
I beta tested SWTOR in both the open and closed but then didn't play again until recently. The first character I made was a Jedi Consular and I was so proud of Bioware for the Felix Iresso character. Here was a relationship built on trust, respect and caring.

Then I made a female smuggler...
I made the choice to tell Corso to sleep it off. I'm not the kind of girl to jump into bed with the first drunken spacer to wander by.
I kept waiting for the story to progress. Waiting for Corso to apologize, not flirting with other characters.
Tired of waiting, I googled what the outcome is if you tell Corso to sleep it off. To my dismay I learned that if you don't put out for Corso when he's drunk, that he has no further interest in you except to needle you if you flirt with any other character.
I find this message stunningly wrong for both men and women. It is not OK to set out the message that if women don't comply sexually, a man will have no further interest and/or may actually stalk you after that.
I've spent a lot of money on this game since I've been back on mounts, and strongholds and custom armour, so I'm going to resist the urge to cancel my scrip and uninstall the game for 24 hours but I fear the love affair is over.

Please, Bioware, fix the Corso Riggs storyline. It is inappropriate.
It was just fine for a Male Smuggler. But rather odd, just like Corso himself. Keep in mind, he's practically a paragon of southern dixieland mentality, so...there you have it!

Tbh, his is the weakest story of all Smuggler companions. Akaavi's is the best imo.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Dryg
12.05.2017 , 06:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Do yourself a favor and don't make a Jedi Knight, Doc is the worst slimeball ever >_<
Constantly rejecting and insulting Doc was my favorite part of the crapfest that is the JK story

Nefla
12.05.2017 , 07:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dryg View Post
Constantly rejecting and insulting Doc was my favorite part of the crapfest that is the JK story
LMAO true enough (I like JK though aside from Doc and boring Rusk) I'm with the OP in that I really liked Felix Iresso and wish he got more love I hate that we get him so late, I wish we got him on Taris or Nar Shaddaa (Theran Cedrax can go flush himself out an airlock) so we could spend a lot more time with him.

SteveTheCynic
12.05.2017 , 07:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
he's practically a paragon of southern dixieland mentality
The absolute bestest possible way to describe Corso's character. Two Thumbs Up!
Do yourself a favor and don't make a Jedi Knight, Doc is the worst slimeball ever >_<
It's worth doing that romance one time - it's a sort of reverse "Taming of the Shrew". "The Taming of the Lounge Lizard" or something like that.

Of course, if you do it on a Miraluka - as I did - there's a lore break in the final conversations - the part where most of the romances talk about children and all that. Doc mentions (because the character isn't a human/cyborg) about how the two of them probably aren't genetically compatible, but they can always adopt. But of course humans and Miraluka *are* compatible, even if it isn't necessarily a good idea - the children often have weak (or worse) "normal" vision AND weak (or worse) Force vision.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

LeelaSeventen
12.05.2017 , 09:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dryg View Post
Yeah I will admit that was fun Probably why he never got around level 10 on my jedi.

Though if you do the intro to him on the planet and have either of your companion with you they will have funny comments about him.

casirabit
12.05.2017 , 10:08 AM | #17
Regarding this part of Corsoís story, I flirted with him a bit and then he apologized for doing what he did. I didnít have to sleep with him, so I do not know where you get that you have to sleep with him at this point.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Cuiwe
12.05.2017 , 10:48 AM | #18
LMAO true enough (I like JK though aside from Doc and boring Rusk) I'm with the OP in that I really liked Felix Iresso and wish he got more love I hate that we get him so late, I wish we got him on Taris or Nar Shaddaa (Theran Cedrax can go flush himself out an airlock) so we could spend a lot more time with him.
What? I like both Tharan and Rusk and Iresso. Doc? Oh-oh. Nope.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Trynitris
12.05.2017 , 01:21 PM | #19
The thing to remember is that our companions aren't who we think they should be. They have their own personalities, and they just are who they are.

So Corso has a few drinks (probably to work up the courage to approach you romantically), and then awkwardly tries to flirt with you. If you rebuff him, he never flirts again. I always figured it was because he was so embarrassed at how he acted, he didn't feel it was right to try again. And that really goes right along with the type of person he is.

As others have mentioned, if you do flirt with him at that point, he backs off and apologizes. And the rest of his flirts are much more low key and respectful.

(The first thing I do when I get a new companion is read about them in the Codex, in the Persons Of Note section. It helps me understand them better.)

Tadagyt
12.05.2017 , 08:20 PM | #20
You didn't have to sleep with him. There was a "yes", "no" and "you don't sound like yourself" reply. That last one is the best in my opinion. This person chose it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_Cfcc1M7Q 5:17
If you then say you're "no lady" he tells you this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4L0Ofn7EPQ 5:37

I mean, my smuggler was going to be with Koth, but after this conversation I changed my mind. He respects her like no other guy out there ever will.... even if my smuggler is a criminal

PS: I like Doc, he makes me laugh with his replies
Theronite & Arcannite

Long live the Empire!