Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Other Healers Completely Outclassed by OP Sage/Sorc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Other Healers Completely Outclassed by OP Sage/Sorc

Tarackian's Avatar


Tarackian
12.03.2017 , 05:59 PM | #1
This isn't even about "all healers" because it isn't all healers.

Smugglers, Mercs, they have their moments, but I have never seen one put out literally 8 million healing in a single warzone like I see sorcerers and sages doing. That's on the high end, but 6 to 7 million seems pretty average now with top gear. I've never seen a Merc or Operative do that much.

The problem is, that's more healing than half of the entire other team will do in damage, and that's just one sorcerer. I've been 2 sages both do 6 million healing in a single warzone for a total of 12 million. And unlike the other healers, sorcerers can do most of this on-the-run. They don't even have to stand still.

Yeah, yeah, "get good" and "do better dps" or whatever. Look, when sages are putting out so much healing that no one's health bar even moves, it doesn't matter. Your impressive crits don't mean anything in these scenarios. All the recent nerfs to damage have been bigger than nerfs to heals.

Maybe sorcerers and sages being so overpowered wouldn't be as big of a deal if most of the warzones in this game didn't so heavily favor teams that can camp on top of objectives and live almost indefinitely. I was in a Novare Coast last night that everyone quit because neither team could cap a second node. Fighting for 20 minutes over nothing isn't fun.

NerfGatherer's Avatar


NerfGatherer
12.03.2017 , 06:09 PM | #2
As a rule, if you cannot replicate the perceived unfair advantage, one might consider that the issue isn't balance but skill.

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
12.03.2017 , 06:19 PM | #3
is this before or after the massive sorc healer bug?
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Tharianus's Avatar


Tharianus
12.03.2017 , 06:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarackian View Post
This isn't even about "all healers" because it isn't all healers.

Smugglers, Mercs, they have their moments, but I have never seen one put out literally 8 million healing in a single warzone like I see sorcerers and sages doing. That's on the high end, but 6 to 7 million seems pretty average now with top gear. I've never seen a Merc or Operative do that much.
Well.....
LINK

Sorc selfheal is bugged at the Moment
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

Romeugues's Avatar


Romeugues
12.03.2017 , 07:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
is this before or after the massive sorc healer bug?
This ^

Wimbleton's Avatar


Wimbleton
12.03.2017 , 08:18 PM | #6
Sorc bugged geal notwithstanding, I expect to be out HPSd by a good Op like Hottie but not by a merc, as a sorc.

As a merc, I expect to be out HPSd by both Op and Sorc, but I have the ability to be my own tank and laugh maniacally when netted.

As both sorc and merc I like my immediate response to burst healing better than Op.

When I face full on pressure comps with 2mDPS I momentarily think about getting on my Op but then I chickle and ask for ranged DPS.

Tarackian's Avatar


Tarackian
12.03.2017 , 09:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NerfGatherer View Post
As a rule, if you cannot replicate the perceived unfair advantage, one might consider that the issue isn't balance but skill.
Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that balance is a mess right now. No structural flaws at all.

Stellarcrusade's Avatar


Stellarcrusade
12.04.2017 , 02:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarackian View Post
This isn't even about "all healers" because it isn't all healers.

Smugglers, Mercs, they have their moments, but I have never seen one put out literally 8 million healing in a single warzone like I see sorcerers and sages doing. That's on the high end, but 6 to 7 million seems pretty average now with top gear. I've never seen a Merc or Operative do that much.
Great another BS post. Why not post the top 20 or 30 of these where 2 healers combine for 12-16 million please. Umm, because you don't have any. I typically see sages peak at 2.5 - 3.5M. But feel free to multiple values by a factor and exaggerate to make a bogus point.

Seriously, if you are in wars where you and your team choose to let a healer freecast all day long, you deserve to see his values high. But real players know how to handle healers easily. L2P.

If you are not a healer, then your post is meaningless anyhow. If you are a healer of another class and are mad that sage/sorcs are optimized for ONLY HEALING instead of hybrid with other abilities like some of the other healing classes then the solution is simple. Switch to a sage healer, and lets see you get your 6-8M you claim. If it is soooooo easy, lets see it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Point is, most every MMO chooses a class to be a HEALER ONLY class. That class can be a bit boring to some, because they have to pretty much 100% heal in an encounter. Imagine a fully geared merc 1v1 a mildly geared sage. The sage will NEVER kill the merc. Why? Because he is a raw healer and the merc is either dps with heals, or heals with dps. Go cry me a river.

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
12.04.2017 , 04:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Great another BS post. Why not post the top 20 or 30 of these where 2 healers combine for 12-16 million please. Umm, because you don't have any. I typically see sages peak at 2.5 - 3.5M. But feel free to multiple values by a factor and exaggerate to make a bogus point.

Seriously, if you are in wars where you and your team choose to let a healer freecast all day long, you deserve to see his values high. But real players know how to handle healers easily. L2P.

If you are not a healer, then your post is meaningless anyhow. If you are a healer of another class and are mad that sage/sorcs are optimized for ONLY HEALING instead of hybrid with other abilities like some of the other healing classes then the solution is simple. Switch to a sage healer, and lets see you get your 6-8M you claim. If it is soooooo easy, lets see it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Point is, most every MMO chooses a class to be a HEALER ONLY class. That class can be a bit boring to some, because they have to pretty much 100% heal in an encounter. Imagine a fully geared merc 1v1 a mildly geared sage. The sage will NEVER kill the merc. Why? Because he is a raw healer and the merc is either dps with heals, or heals with dps. Go cry me a river.
None of the healing specs are optimized to do both good dps and good heals at the same time. Every class that has a heal spec also has a dps spec, but if you spec into heals, you aren't going to do great dps on any of them. If you are primarily dpsing as Bodguard or Medicine, you are doing it wrong (some exceptions, for example arena and you have 4 heals on your team. Someone is gonna have to suck it up and do bad dps).

P.S. There is a bug right now where Sorcs/sages are getting an extra set bonus, so they are in fact doing more damage than they are supposed to.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Warrioroffhell's Avatar


Warrioroffhell
12.04.2017 , 05:46 PM | #10
I have to say;
i don't feel like being outhealed to an op or sorc ,i can keep myself on terms with the other healers.
Altough sorc heal feels like an advantage at the moment with the bug.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._01_356375.jpg