Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Traitor Amongst the Chiss - Lets Drive a Bus Through this Story Arc :D

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
A Traitor Amongst the Chiss - Lets Drive a Bus Through this Story Arc :D

Jatello
12.03.2017 , 11:07 AM | #1
First and foremost, I shall say for the record, I am a huge lover of stories, particularly in games. SWTOR I've loved the Story, but on a few occasions have felt really let down by the lack of common sense the story seems to follow at times in this current expac.

SPOILERS AHEAD - You have been warned!!!

Spoiler

Seireeni
12.03.2017 , 11:31 AM | #2
Actually, I disagree with your assumption that

Spoiler
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

fishpeople
12.03.2017 , 12:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Actually, I disagree with your assumption that

Spoiler
Why not send just one ship then? or you know Lana could have been hiding somewhere in the system with our ship?

Seireeni
12.03.2017 , 12:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
Why not send just one ship then? or you know Lana could have been hiding somewhere in the system with our ship?
Lana did send a vehicle for a pickup pretty soon after -- maybe she did have a ship somewhere hidden in the system but wasn't there in time to stop Theron?

Some sort of explanation to how Theron evaded whatever Alliance vessels there were somewhere around there would have been nice, but this was supposed to be a small, discreet operation. Bringing out the big guns just wasn't an option.

icrusoe
12.03.2017 , 02:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Spoiler
The Fleet wouldn't LAND, they would just stay somewhat close to the planet in case the traitor tries to escape. Also. A small strike team sounds like it should be between three and five people. But that's just my opinion, and it can be totally wrong.
Hey.. I died again...

Seireeni
12.03.2017 , 02:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by icrusoe View Post
The Fleet wouldn't LAND, they would just stay somewhat close to the planet in case the traitor tries to escape. Also. A small strike team sounds like it should be between three and five people. But that's just my opinion, and it can be totally wrong.
It's still Chiss space -- I doubt they care if the enemy is on the orbit on the ground, no?

Keta
12.03.2017 , 06:56 PM | #7
Nah, the OP is right. Swiss Cheese plot. But I'm sure there'll be a flashpoint with 3:15 of cutscenes that wraps up all those holes in awhile.

Send the fleet, park it outside of the planetary defenses. If the Chiss object, tough.

For the record, my main is a Chiss Jedi Shadow. He can do stuff like that.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Seireeni
12.03.2017 , 07:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
Send the fleet, park it outside of the planetary defenses. If the Chiss object, tough.
The Sith Empire tried something along those lines. The Chiss objected. It was so "tough" that the Empire decided that attempting to conquer them was not worth it, and sought a diplomatic solution instead.

If the Alliance was so keen on attacking the Ascendancy that they would just continue the war until they won, they would probably win, but suffer loads of losses and waste time fighting the Chiss while the traitor and the Order got to do whatever they want. And even if you just brought the Eternal Fleet to fight with the Chiss for the time it takes to grab the traitor from Copero -- it's a lot harder to land on Copero or get out of there when CEDF is firing on you.

Not to mention if your poor Commander went and allied him/herself with the Republic -- I bet the Imperial Fleet is more than happy to join the fun after the Chiss tell them that the Alliance Commander is on Copero, and you might end up in a space battle between the Alliance and the allied forces of CEDF and Sith Empire. While Theron probably gets to do whatever he wants, because the Eternal Fleet was a little busy with the CEDF ships shooting at it to actually shoot him down.

My apologies, but I don't consider not letting your character act like a complete moron to be a plot hole. It's reasonable to say that they should have had some sort of explanation to why the vessel that brought you to Copero in the first place was not there to intercept Theron, but the whole damn fleet? Imo more trouble than it's worth.

Euphrosyne
12.03.2017 , 08:00 PM | #9
I don't think y'all understand what plot holes are. They certainly aren't the same thing as "individual makes suboptimal choices".

That's, of course, assuming that these instances are all examples of an individual making a suboptimal choice. Most of the time, they're not even that.

If it doesn't work for you, that's fine. You're allowed to have problems with the story. That's different from "plot holes".
Quote: Originally Posted by Jatello View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

Dracofish
12.03.2017 , 10:53 PM | #10