Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers Are Broken!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfers Are Broken!

BenduKundalini
12.05.2017 , 06:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I can confirm that Keith is definitely aware of this issue and it is being investigated as to what has caused this, and how to correct it.

Once something has been locked down in concrete for a fix I am certain we will be advised.
Observation : given that character count is being duplicated, and that strongholds/decos have been duplicated, maybe there's a common root ? Or anything to do with overflow legacy bank stash?

nabcobra
12.05.2017 , 09:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Observation : given that character count is being duplicated, and that strongholds/decos have been duplicated, maybe there's a common root ? Or anything to do with overflow legacy bank stash?
Honestly don't know. My first thought was that characters were "copied" when mergers happened and that all the duplicate characters still exist on the old servers. Kinda like when you copy a character to the pts

BenduKundalini
12.05.2017 , 10:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by nabcobra View Post
Honestly don't know. My first thought was that characters were "copied" when mergers happened and that all the duplicate characters still exist on the old servers. Kinda like when you copy a character to the pts
Oooh good thinking !

TrixxieTriss
12.05.2017 , 10:29 PM | #14
I can confirm that Keith is definitely aware of this issue and it is being investigated as to what has caused this, and how to correct it.

Once something has been locked down in concrete for a fix I am certain we will be advised.
Does that mean I shouldn’t transfer anymore characters? I’ve already transferred one and I don’t think there were any problems that I picked up on. I was going to transfer some more before the cheap transfers finished.

OwenBrooks
12.05.2017 , 10:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Does that mean I shouldn’t transfer anymore characters? I’ve already transferred one and I don’t think there were any problems that I picked up on. I was going to transfer some more before the cheap transfers finished.
You are fine, transfer characters as much as you like.
Those that have this issue for being over the global count cant transfer, the transfer will fail.
Its not an issue with the transfer process itself.

TrixxieTriss
12.05.2017 , 11:14 PM | #16
You are fine, transfer characters as much as you like.
Those that have this issue for being over the global count cant transfer, the transfer will fail.
Its not an issue with the transfer process itself.
Ah, ok, thanks babe 😊

TheRandomWolf
12.06.2017 , 01:37 AM | #17
So many characters... and if they are high-level, I'm afraid you need to get out more. Regardless, best of luck with your issue. Hopefully, something will be done regarding this new wave of issues.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

nabcobra
12.06.2017 , 02:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomWolf View Post
So many characters... and if they are high-level, I'm afraid you need to get out more. Regardless, best of luck with your issue. Hopefully, something will be done regarding this new wave of issues.
Lol. Get out more? I work 10 hour days 5 days a week and watch football on Sundays. I play about 3 hours each evening when I get home with my wife and raid on the weekends. I have been an active subscriber for nearly 5 straight years, can level a toon from 1 - 70 in about 8 hours (and that's not including double xp weekends) which takes about 6 hours to level. 53 of my characters are level 70, 1 is level 31 and the rest are level 1 placeholders. While I appreciate the "best of luck" comment, I feel that the "get out more" is highly unnecessary and not really helpful to the thread.

And yes, hopefully something will be done about the wave of issues, not just the ones that affect me. Because all issues are important to someone and they all deserve the same amount of due diligence from the Development Team.

BenduKundalini
12.06.2017 , 05:43 AM | #19
Well, no offense taken, as far as I'm concerned he's totally right.

Also, 1-70 in 8 hours ???

HOW ???

Reminds me of last year's level 1-50 race...

nabcobra
12.06.2017 , 06:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Well, no offense taken, as far as I'm concerned he's totally right.

Also, 1-70 in 8 hours ???

HOW ???

Reminds me of last year's level 1-50 race...
Class story only with XP armor, boost constantly running, buy the character perk for increased story xp, guild with 10%xp bonus and spacebar.... lots of spacebar.