Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank you Bioware! Group Ranked has revitalized the Ranked atmosphere.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Thank you Bioware! Group Ranked has revitalized the Ranked atmosphere.

septru
12.02.2017 , 11:51 PM | #1
Don't ask me what it is. I'm not a crafter. But to my understanding, a certain material to create the new augments can only be obtained through ranked.... and as of right now there is a bug with solo ranked so everyone has turned to Group Ranked.

You might not know of this latest trend but it is MAGNIFICENT. Granked has been revitalized! And not only for the great players that have had teams for years and set up specific days to have another team que against them... As of recently you have had all types of players join granked. I've seen some (really really bad) pves. I've seen some really bad reg players. I've seen some reg stars. I've seen some solo ranked players. I've seen legit teams with a real comp.

I am dead serious when I say that there were close to 15 teams in que Friday night, and another 10 tonight. It was to the point that players were on fleet "LFG for GRANKED!" To the point where you can que up for 10 matches and still go against a completely new team.

And heres the great thing..... everyone is satisfied. The crafters will get their augs. The regs players will get to experience ranked in a de-stressed environment where no one will curse them out. Solo ranked players will get their arena with out the toxicity. No more throwers, que syncers, backfillers, powertechs that will completely bring the team down. Legit granked teams will finally able to have their competition while not constantly loosing to the same team.
Sure some players are getting farmed and some are throwing purely for the matts, but that doesn't matter. The point is that more teams are queing for ranked which has revitalized it's atmosphere so that more casual players and midlevel-skill pvpers will que for ranked. You might farm another team one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive. You might be farmed one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive.

And here's the next great thing.... players are actually learning how to play the game. Players that have no familiarity with the ranked system and might not necessarily have the skill to play ranked are getting better. Every time they que up for granked they learn more about how to play the game IN A NON-TOXIC ENVIRONMENT.... And the more they learn how to play, the more they will want to play.... and the more they will want to play the more money you make.

Now sooner or later you will fix the solo-ranked bug and players will migrate back to Solo ranked. However, before you do that ask yourself, how was such a prosperous and appeasing era reached.... Granked. It would be great to see some rewards not found in any other part of the game implemented into granked.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

KendraP
12.03.2017 , 01:22 AM | #2
I hate to rain on the parade too much but as someone Who has started doing ranked because of the mats being awarded I hate it. But I need it to get the mats for my guild and guildies, and the drop rate in the cxp crates seems atrocious.

I hate arenas in regs, and having to do nothing but arenas or risk my guildies being undergeared soon is incredibly annoying.

Hoppinswtor
12.03.2017 , 02:34 AM | #3
I've had a blast playing my AP PT in a pugged group ranked setting for mats and just not caring about wins or losses too much.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

PilotManion
12.03.2017 , 02:51 AM | #4
I'm sure many ranked only players also severely dislike that the quickest and most efficient method of gearing is by pveing.

omaan
12.03.2017 , 07:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Don't ask me what it is. I'm not a crafter. But to my understanding, a certain material to create the new augments can only be obtained through ranked.... and as of right now there is a bug with solo ranked so everyone has turned to Group Ranked.

You might not know of this latest trend but it is MAGNIFICENT. Granked has been revitalized! And not only for the great players that have had teams for years and set up specific days to have another team que against them... As of recently you have had all types of players join granked. I've seen some (really really bad) pves. I've seen some really bad reg players. I've seen some reg stars. I've seen some solo ranked players. I've seen legit teams with a real comp.

I am dead serious when I say that there were close to 15 teams in que Friday night, and another 10 tonight. It was to the point that players were on fleet "LFG for GRANKED!" To the point where you can que up for 10 matches and still go against a completely new team.

And heres the great thing..... everyone is satisfied. The crafters will get their augs. The regs players will get to experience ranked in a de-stressed environment where no one will curse them out. Solo ranked players will get their arena with out the toxicity. No more throwers, que syncers, backfillers, powertechs that will completely bring the team down. Legit granked teams will finally able to have their competition while not constantly loosing to the same team.
Sure some players are getting farmed and some are throwing purely for the matts, but that doesn't matter. The point is that more teams are queing for ranked which has revitalized it's atmosphere so that more casual players and midlevel-skill pvpers will que for ranked. You might farm another team one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive. You might be farmed one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive.

And here's the next great thing.... players are actually learning how to play the game. Players that have no familiarity with the ranked system and might not necessarily have the skill to play ranked are getting better. Every time they que up for granked they learn more about how to play the game IN A NON-TOXIC ENVIRONMENT.... And the more they learn how to play, the more they will want to play.... and the more they will want to play the more money you make.

Now sooner or later you will fix the solo-ranked bug and players will migrate back to Solo ranked. However, before you do that ask yourself, how was such a prosperous and appeasing era reached.... Granked. It would be great to see some rewards not found in any other part of the game implemented into granked.
I have a few bad news for you:
-Making granked the only source of mats caused huge inflation in gtn (read here why http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938953)
-the bugg with no rewards in sr will be fixed eventually
-people are getting more desperate with inflation and leaving the game/unsubbing (3 of my guild mates did it already, they said that they are tired of this chaos and high prices).

DerSchneider
12.03.2017 , 07:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I have a few bad news for you:
-Making granked the only source of mats caused huge inflation in gtn (read here why http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938953)
-the bugg with no rewards in sr will be fixed eventually
-people are getting more desperate with inflation and leaving the game/unsubbing (3 of my guild mates did it already, they said that they are tired of this chaos and high prices).
The inflation was caused by an ACTUAL credit exploit where you could make 9 mil per second. I know a dude who made a few dozen billions from that and as I heard bioware aren't gonna ban anyone this time.

Finally when pvpers can make good money by playing actual content someone is complaining. Also there's a fair pvp with matchmaking, isn't it what people wanted?
Nightrain Juggernaut

Foambreaker
12.03.2017 , 09:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
The inflation was caused by an ACTUAL credit exploit where you could make 9 mil per second. I know a dude who made a few dozen billions from that and as I heard bioware aren't gonna ban anyone this time.

Finally when pvpers can make good money by playing actual content someone is complaining. Also there's a fair pvp with matchmaking, isn't it what people wanted?
lol, you heard wrong they posted a couple of days ago that they would be taking appropriate action
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#edit9483450

I so love bannings, I'll be checking to see when you stop posting

As far as ranked, it is fully fked now, filled with lame teams that are win trading for mats, I even saw someone advertising for paid throwers in /2. Plus of course the hidden set bonuses, the whole thing is just lame.

septru
12.03.2017 , 09:15 AM | #8
But that's not the point. The point is that keep this up and I guarantee more and more good/average teams will start to que on the daily.

Lets be honest here, after they fix this bug crafters will go back to crafting, pvers will go back to pve, the hope is though that solo ranked players and reg players will turn to ranked pvp. As many have said it is less stressful and toxic environment than solo ranked.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

Exly
12.03.2017 , 09:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PilotManion View Post
I'm sure many ranked only players also severely dislike that the quickest and most efficient method of gearing is by pveing.
I'm sure that you are right, and that should be corrected so that they can acquire gear just as fast as anybody else.

That does not mean that making ranked pvp and NiM ops the only reliable way to get the new mats is a good thing. Like the gearing situation, the ability to obtain the new mats should be made reasonably available to all players regardless of which content they chose to participate in.

yellow_
12.03.2017 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
people unsub over gtn prices? lol