Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time regs got matchmaking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Its time regs got matchmaking.

Evolixe
12.04.2017 , 01:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
It boosts your ego, so this is a very special task.
I mean I used to care but ever since people rather give mvps to a healer pockethealing just 1 tank in huttball;
While I hardcarry the entire game with more than triple the objective points of the 2nd/3rd combined..
I kinda stopped caring and just did my own thing. (which is doing everything in my power to win the game)
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Stellarcrusade
12.04.2017 , 03:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I agree.

It could prevent further faction imbalances which would no longer be fixable. And a simple form of matchmaking where there are at most 2 healers on each team, and always an equal amount of them shouldn't be that hard to make.
Matchmaking suggestions that involve restricting how many of each role can be on a team are idiotic. It would remove all dynamic, all thinking, you would simply be going through the motions, and it wouldn't solve your issue because for example if you have 2 healers on each team, and one team's healers suck, thats the same healer imbalance as before your bogus match making.

Matchmaking would only work if it was:
1.) Cross faction - eliminates the enourmous faction imbalance currently
2.) Split premades up - cry me a river, you'll still get to play with on average half your team every war, sometimes all.
3.) Balance teams based on skill. - OMG devs are not smart enough to do this. You are wrong, these are not difficult concepts. It is just common wisdom that they ARE hard....nope.

Evolixe
12.04.2017 , 04:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Matchmaking suggestions that involve restricting how many of each role can be on a team are idiotic. It would remove all dynamic, all thinking, you would simply be going through the motions, and it wouldn't solve your issue because for example if you have 2 healers on each team, and one team's healers suck, thats the same healer imbalance as before your bogus match making.

2.) Split premades up - cry me a river, you'll still get to play with on average half your team every war, sometimes all.
3.) Balance teams based on skill. - OMG devs are not smart enough to do this. You are wrong, these are not difficult concepts. It is just common wisdom that they ARE hard....nope.
That already happens right now, except that you sometimes have a healerless team against a team with 3 healers and 2 tanks. It can't possibly make things worse. In the worst case scenario it stays what it is now for SOME games. Most games will improve in quality.
Evolixe | Exilove

Schoock
12.04.2017 , 04:37 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post

There's nothing bogus about it, role-based matchmaking is simple, shouldn't make queues a lot longer and there's about nothing it can make worse.

Also stop with this faction gear imbalance thing already, it only exists in your head. And if you have matchmaking, you've already solved the premade problem. Everything else is l2p.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

SlightlySychotic
12.04.2017 , 09:30 PM | #15
No, what we need is solo objective ranked. The general queue is supposed to be for everyone who wants to PvP, ideally so they can acquire the gear and skills they need to progress to ranked. If you want matchmaking that provides enforced skill and class balancing so you can have the most competitive match possible, guess what? You want solo objective ranked.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

WaveRun
12.04.2017 , 09:32 PM | #16
They will introduce cross-server queues in the form of another server merge. Just 1 NA server and 1 EU server.

Subscriber Since Day 1
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Actively opposed to BioWares continuing endorsement of Gift EXPLOIT

Evolixe
12.04.2017 , 11:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
No, what we need is solo objective ranked. The general queue is supposed to be for everyone who wants to PvP, ideally so they can acquire the gear and skills they need to progress to ranked. If you want matchmaking that provides enforced skill and class balancing so you can have the most competitive match possible, guess what? You want solo objective ranked.
I mean.. i'm not inherently against this
Evolixe | Exilove

Raansu
12.05.2017 , 08:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
I'm not really a fan of any team game having solo ranked. It doesn't really ever work. Whne I say matchmaking I just want it so teams are balanced in a way where there isn't 4 healers on one team and no healers on the other, or a team thats nothing but tanks and healers etc...

I know its just regs, but the first come first serve design just makes for not very fun matches, especially if there is a premade on the other side and your side has no tanks or healers (I'm not against premades, I'm just saying it sucks when the composition of the groups has no balance to it.)

mandalicstab
12.05.2017 , 11:25 AM | #19
matchmaking is already ingame,can't you see all these mercs in every teams ? >.>
My english can be bad , i'm french, sorry in advance for both things ^^.

Draqsko
12.05.2017 , 01:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm not really a fan of any team game having solo ranked. It doesn't really ever work. Whne I say matchmaking I just want it so teams are balanced in a way where there isn't 4 healers on one team and no healers on the other, or a team thats nothing but tanks and healers etc...

I know its just regs, but the first come first serve design just makes for not very fun matches, especially if there is a premade on the other side and your side has no tanks or healers (I'm not against premades, I'm just saying it sucks when the composition of the groups has no balance to it.)
My favorite is the same faction match with 4 healers total: 3 on one side, 1 on the other and none are grouped together. There's no case that screams for role matching better than that.