Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time regs got matchmaking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Its time regs got matchmaking.

Raansu
12.02.2017 , 10:20 PM | #1
We basically have mega servers now. Implement cross faction queues and add matchmaking. There's no excuse for it not to be in the game at this point. Its not enjoyable playing these matches with teams that have stacked healers and no one dies.

Evolixe
12.03.2017 , 08:01 AM | #2
I agree.

It could prevent further faction imbalances which would no longer be fixable. And a simple form of matchmaking where there are at most 2 healers on each team, and always an equal amount of them shouldn't be that hard to make.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Hatstandard
12.03.2017 , 07:34 PM | #3
**** having even healers on each team. People are always "voting down" on MVP in group instead of voting for: 1 a healer if you are not a healer 2. The person with the highest guard if you are a healer.

Deserve to be stuck on teams without healers
"Conquerer" & Deposer

Schoock
12.03.2017 , 07:42 PM | #4
Matchmaking is needed, have been needed and will be needed.

And it won't happen. At this stage you pay & play the game as-is.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

Evolixe
12.03.2017 , 11:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post
**** having even healers on each team. People are always "voting down" on MVP in group instead of voting for: 1 a healer if you are not a healer 2. The person with the highest guard if you are a healer.

So you let your ego get in the way of making games a little bit more fair? Alright
Evolixe | Exilove

Glower
12.04.2017 , 12:17 AM | #6
I don't think that we have enough players. Yes you heard it right.

I queued in regs for 4*2 hours in Darth Malgus prime time on last weekend and all i got is the same players more or less, even on enemy side. Apparently, after 5.6 some players are VERY busy with group ranked mats farming... but still.

They merged servers way to late.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Foambreaker
12.04.2017 , 10:11 AM | #7

MVP heals? It is the easiest thing to play.

MVP Guard? Are you kidding, for using one ability that is not even in a rotation, it is fire and forget?

Really, heals and guard are the #1 problem in PvP right now, most matches have < 10 kills total. It is just a stalemate. BOring.

Raansu
12.04.2017 , 12:49 PM | #8

I mean, I always give it to the one with the most objective points.....but lets be serious here. Who actually cares about mvp? It doesnt do anything special.

Evolixe
12.04.2017 , 12:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
I don't think that we have enough players. Yes you heard it right.

I queued in regs for 4*2 hours in Darth Malgus prime time on last weekend and all i got is the same players more or less, even on enemy side. Apparently, after 5.6 some players are VERY busy with group ranked mats farming... but still.

They merged servers way to late.
I think we do now. Just a boatload of people farming materials right now.
Evolixe | Exilove

Glower
12.04.2017 , 01:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I mean, I always give it to the one with the most objective points.....but lets be serious here. Who actually cares about mvp? It doesnt do anything special.
It boosts your ego, so this is a very special task.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...