Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts/Theories for the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Thoughts/Theories for the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi

CaptainPann
12.02.2017 , 02:57 PM | #1
Hey Everybody!

I think the title is pretty self explanatory. I've loved the Star Wars series since I was 4 (except the god awful prequels, but even they had their moments) and coming from a star wars loving family, was very excited when Lucas Films/Now Disney, came out with the long anticipated Star Wars 7. I wanted to see what anyone's theories and thoughts about the new movie this month. My parents keep sending me updates on what they think (My father's being Rey turns to the dark side) and that pretty much gave me the idea.

~ I hope to see everyone's ideas !
| The Captain Says Hello From Dagobah |
| ~ Have A Wookie Cookie | Referral Link ~ |

MajorZuma
12.03.2017 , 12:07 PM | #2
Honestly, I'll go against the grain and say I'm gonna trust Rian Johnson and the writers to make the story pretty different. This whole press tour and media tour has been uniquely different than any of the other Disney SW movies. They have been building anticipation and anticipation for Shock/Awe knowing what could happen if they missed their mark so obviously they have allot of confidence in TLJ.

Literally every single interview with all of the actors or cast tease multiple shocks and twists. There are just 2 things I really hope for.

1. We get a Bada** Luke scene similar to Vader at end of Rogue One. In the Legends Canon at this point he was practically a Light Side Demigod. Obviously I don't thats gonna happen but I do think Luke should be clearly the most powerful character in the Sequel trilogy except for maybe Snoke.

2. No Dark Side Luke. Sorry, but not a fan of this theory thats been going around at all. My favorite line from pretty much all of SW and one of the most iconic lines to me is "Because I'm a Jedi, like my father before me" in ROTJ. So if he went dark it would go against everything I perceive about Luke...

CaptainPann
12.03.2017 , 03:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorZuma View Post
Honestly, I'll go against the grain and say I'm gonna trust Rian Johnson and the writers to make the story pretty different. This whole press tour and media tour has been uniquely different than any of the other Disney SW movies. They have been building anticipation and anticipation for Shock/Awe knowing what could happen if they missed their mark so obviously they have allot of confidence in TLJ.

Literally every single interview with all of the actors or cast tease multiple shocks and twists. There are just 2 things I really hope for.

1. We get a Bada** Luke scene similar to Vader at end of Rogue One. In the Legends Canon at this point he was practically a Light Side Demigod. Obviously I don't thats gonna happen but I do think Luke should be clearly the most powerful character in the Sequel trilogy except for maybe Snoke.

2. No Dark Side Luke. Sorry, but not a fan of this theory thats been going around at all. My favorite line from pretty much all of SW and one of the most iconic lines to me is "Because I'm a Jedi, like my father before me" in ROTJ. So if he went dark it would go against everything I perceive about Luke...
In my own opinion, I think Luke might stay the same.. but in the teaser/trailers it shows that Luke looks intimidated by Rey's power and sees the resemblance in her and Kylo (Ben).. possibly thinking he'll fail as a master. Plus in the newest trailer, Kylo Ren reaches out to someone in a sort of welcoming way. We'll see on the 15th how it'll turn out... but I am nervous about where this will go.

Shiyoni
12.03.2017 , 03:51 PM | #4
I feel like Rey might fall in love with Kylo Ren... I don't really know. I kind of ship them together. After the Snoke scene torturing the Rey, I feel like Rey might fall into the Dark Side just like Malak did with the Bastila, altough I cannot imagine Rey coming to the Dark Side. Eventually I think Kylo will want to repair the damage he has done, something along those lines.
My referral link - you'll get 1 week of subscription and preffered friends bundle - I get cartel coins.

CaptainPann
12.03.2017 , 09:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiyoni View Post
I feel like Rey might fall in love with Kylo Ren... I don't really know. I kind of ship them together. After the Snoke scene torturing the Rey, I feel like Rey might fall into the Dark Side just like Malak did with the Bastila, altough I cannot imagine Rey coming to the Dark Side. Eventually I think Kylo will want to repair the damage he has done, something along those lines.
That's certainly interesting, if Kylo does repair his damage... I think the guilt of killing his father might weigh him down.

MajorZuma
12.03.2017 , 09:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPann View Post
That's certainly interesting, if Kylo does repair his damage... I think the guilt of killing his father might weigh him down.
There's been rumor that Hayden was spot at Pinewood studios where they film allot of SW and he was the celebration which was rare. What if he force ghost talks to Kylo similar to Obi wan and Luke did in ESB.

I also kinda hoping for Rey to be a Palpatine, I think it would make sense for him to have some kind of continuity in the ST because if you really think about it especially in the Prequels he practically became as vital to the story as the skywalkers.

CaptainPann
12.03.2017 , 11:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorZuma View Post
There's been rumor that Hayden was spot at Pinewood studios where they film allot of SW and he was the celebration which was rare. What if he force ghost talks to Kylo similar to Obi wan and Luke did in ESB.

I also kinda hoping for Rey to be a Palpatine, I think it would make sense for him to have some kind of continuity in the ST because if you really think about it especially in the Prequels he practically became as vital to the story as the skywalkers.
That would be so amazing, I hope they bring back the force ghosts! There was one thing I do remember from one of the movies where Yoda said that there can only be 2 Sith (a master and a apprentice) dubbing it as "The Rule Of Two". That would be interesting since there's already Snoke and Kylo Ren. Would Rey break that rule?

Bird_of_Thunder
12.04.2017 , 01:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPann View Post
That would be so amazing, I hope they bring back the force ghosts! There was one thing I do remember from one of the movies where Yoda said that there can only be 2 Sith (a master and a apprentice) dubbing it as "The Rule Of Two". That would be interesting since there's already Snoke and Kylo Ren. Would Rey break that rule?
So far as we know, they technically aren't Sith. Just Dark Side users a la the Krath (if you've read any of the Exar Kun era Legends stuff you'll know about them).
While they could be Sith in some way, we have no evidence other than "they use the Dark Side and Kylo has a red lightsaber and loves Darth Vader!" to suggest so.

My theory:
Luke dies. Definitely not a popular one, especially not for me, but we do see Rey getting tortured by Snoke, and I'd have to guess we'd end up seeing a scene where Luke sacrifices himself to fight off Snoke and Kylo while Rey escapes.
Drazir
Carnage Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

LykaiaSovereign
12.04.2017 , 03:24 AM | #9
well we can see tendency in star wars lately to expose the greyish part and become little less "childish"

thats why itts really hard to jump to any conclusions right now, what was interesting in the new poster for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Mark Hamill’s character looms menacingly in the background – just like his dear old dad Darth Vader used to who knows what are we going to learn

i mean i get that a lot of things seems simillar to the old trilogy (deathstar, black helmet guy , ugly face emperor ) but everything has this odd feeling like its going to be a bit diffrent this time

when it comes to Luke im not sure if he dies or not, he might fall or not consider himself a jedi anymore due to self-blame or something he did in the past (nobody is perfect, especially when it comes to waging a war)

to me it seems like Rey and Ren might mix with eachother and show big old fellas like Luke and Mr S. middle finger and wave it as it was a flag (if not in 8th ep, then in 9th)
http://www.swtor.com/r/kwbg4P My Ref Link
If You find me helpful, You can help me as well.
Thanks in advance

Solo-Jo
12.04.2017 , 08:57 AM | #10
I may make some enemies with my view but here goes.

Its going to blow chunks just like 7 did! Its going to be just like 7 and look like mediocre fan fiction, ill wait and rent it for 2 bucks on google.