Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trial and error uprising is probably the worst thing i've seen in gaming history

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Trial and error uprising is probably the worst thing i've seen in gaming history

Rigelraus
12.02.2017 , 04:52 AM | #1
when 4 new players enter a group event game it should feel more like a game of chess, where the mechanics are simple but the speed and quality is on the players ability, and less like "why is this happening now". Download books, watch youtube videos, spend 6 months learning how the game works. It aint worth it. This should be an indicator from a returning player that some of the mechanics you make have 0 introduction value and makes them definitely the worst design in gaming history, right next to some of the stuff in Warframe.

WOW -11 000 000- players online (feels like chess, it's all indicated)
SWTOR -61- players online (close the game all the time and check youtube)

MotherCrusher
12.02.2017 , 05:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rigelraus View Post
when 4 new players enter a group event game it should feel more like a game of chess, where the mechanics are simple but the speed and quality is on the players ability, and less like "why is this happening now". Download books, watch youtube videos, spend 6 months learning how the game works. It aint worth it. This should be an indicator from a returning player that some of the mechanics you make have 0 introduction value and makes them definitely the worst design in gaming history, right next to some of the stuff in Warframe.

61 players online? where did you dig up that junk?
http://www.swtor.com/r/yh6KMd <- click for 7 days of free sub and other goodies!

Rigelraus
12.02.2017 , 05:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MotherCrusher View Post
61 players online? where did you dig up that junk?
I'll send you a screenshot

JediQuaker
12.02.2017 , 09:42 AM | #4
Atari's E.T. was the worst thing I've seen. But, neither of our opinions mean much.

LordTurin
12.02.2017 , 11:23 AM | #5
I'll send you a screenshot
I think you meant 61 in the FP.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

monkeydud
12.03.2017 , 06:51 PM | #6
I take it SWTOR is the only game you have ever played then?

Personally being a Rhakghoul with a ton of fun abilities is hilarious.

The list of `worse in gaming history` probably starts with E.T on the Atari, has Dakitania somewhere in the middle, Possibly includes the long-awaited reboot of Duke Nukem and has to end with No Mans Sky and or Destiny 1 for sheer B.S hyperbole.
`Insert Random Old Skool Gaming Quote`

My fansite

DustbusterGF
12.03.2017 , 11:36 PM | #7
YOU KNOW THOSE FREE LV70
That jump into group flashpoints with no clue
- How to play or use abilities.
- Didn't play story mode
- Ask questions like what is cc and "how do I?"
- But they know how to jump into a fight and lead the way in a flashpoint they have never play..

Sounds like this guy.
Go play a shooter its point and click/shoot.
Zero Learning Curve

merovejec
12.04.2017 , 03:16 AM | #8

I dont think you will get away with a post like this here

To tell you how it is...... you seem to have used a level 60/65 token and jumped into content that is way over the tutorial stuff you have at low levels. You see the game has a nice way of showing you what to do and how to play from the start on.

It was much better in the past, before the level sync times, before the eternal empire....

Anyway, before leveling was actually hard, even class story bosses tought you to cc, interrupt etc. You had flashpoints that became available based on level and their difficulty (ending with Lost Island, hardest FPS in that time). Now its pretty much screwed up since you can que for veteran mode FPS from level 15. This not only screws up your story (you can get like Assualt on Tython or Korriban and you just left that planet and everything was OK) but also the game play as you come into a high level FPS with few basic abilities and mostly you end up with 4 dps in group.

But I do understand you, swtor was my first MMO and for over 1 year I ran around with an incomplete Skill Tree with Willpower stuff on my Sentinel. In the end when I understood the basis of MMOs, it was easy for me to start WoW for example cause I knew what to do right away. However, if you are new to this, you really should read guides or at least go through the leveling proccess.

Trial and Error is an Uprising, meant to be played at level 70, so you should have done TONS of stuff before that, which would prepare you enough for this type of content. I have to add its a very very good Uprising, with a few unique things that make it really interesting. Also the Achievements for Master mode are very well thought up and were fun and challenging to do!

My advice, just take your time to level up a new toon, L2P and I dont mean that as an offense, I had to do it too!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

SteveTheCynic
12.04.2017 , 05:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by monkeydud View Post
I take it SWTOR is the only game you have ever played then?

Personally being a Rhakghoul with a ton of fun abilities is hilarious.

The list of `worse in gaming history` probably starts with E.T on the Atari, has Dakitania somewhere in the middle, Possibly includes the long-awaited reboot of Duke Nukem and has to end with No Mans Sky and or Destiny 1 for sheer B.S hyperbole.
ET on the Atari wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. More specifically, I don't get all the hate people pour on it, although I wouldn't go so far as to call it a *great* game. I finished the (...) thing. I learned how to fall in holes when I wanted and ONLY when I wanted. I found the flowers I needed, and so on. Sure, it was tedious and repetitive, but it wasn't *more* tedious and repetitive than a typical MMORPG of today.

I even found an Easter Egg (see spoiler box), although damfino what special thing I did one time thirty five years ago that triggered it.
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Achnaatthree
12.04.2017 , 06:52 PM | #10
I find it interesting what some of the replies have to say.
a couple things I could argue about but what for ??
the interesting part was when a player uses a level boost, and had not even played that level in any class. I just did that.

TLDR: don't use a boost unless you have played that level before already

this is not a debate reply, just one of those 'Cool story bro" kind of reply

I started playing SWTOR about 6 weeks ago, around 3 weeks ago, I used my lvl60 boosts on a new creation, and on a class I hadn't even tried yet. So I doubled my learning curve just right there. Luckily the first 4 chapters are like hardly need to do anything , but it still wasn't enough to learning a pattern, even googled for guides, but was totally still in the dark, due to no experience learning the class . just kept it in story mode for easy mode to lvl 70, which didn't take long, because at that time double XP, I stopped playing during the dbl-XP event when I reached 66, and went back to other classes I had started. it was still quick to 70 with out the dbl-xp. And I still don't know how to play the class, I'm getting better with it, but not any better then if I was level 10-20.

If I could get my lvl 60 boost back, and delete that character, I think I would, and use that boost later. But , I won't, even if I could, I'm going to keep that guy because it faster earning credits at that level, and I can make life easier playing/learning the game and class mechanics. And now that I spent some time leveling from the start a few others, really , (now with some time in the game) don't need that 70 to farm creds for my starters.

I've played with some players , that after 20 minutes they have that game mastered, and played with some, 20 months, and they still haven;t grasp much. So some could use the lvl boost and just need a few minutes, while others , just shouldn't go there. (In this game, I'm one that should not have went there, at least not the way I went)
Probably could had got away with it more, if I was social, like being in a guild, and a big list if friends to hook up with to help me along.

Should add, my enjoyment is creating and building characters, and the adventure along the way, I don't enjoy end game much, so my perspective may very well be different how I see/view end game levels (so it's kinda ironic I used a lvl boost, I was just curious at the time , I wanted to see if it would unlock that race)

Only levels I haven't played (yet) are between 51-60, not sure how long it takes to level through those 9 levels, I do know, 60-70 . not long at all. Then again "Not Long" and "Long" is only relevant to how much time someone plays a day, and if there was any Double XP events going on.

I see no reason to really use a boost here, so far the slowest levels for me to level through are 18-42