Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank the Star Wars Movies

MajorZuma
12.01.2017 , 02:27 PM | #1
What are everyone order of the movies from Favorite to least Favorite. The Clone Wars Show and Rebels can be included in your list. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, dont feel pressured to jump on any bandwagons.

My list so far:

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Clone Wars Series (Filoni)
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
Rebels
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Yeah my list Is not exactly the norm. I really thought the Clone Wars series was the perfect incarnation of SW staying true to the EU Legends, while also providing unique and epic storylines true to Star Wars. And I liked ROTJ over ANH, just because I think it's more epic and complete and a satisfying end to the original trilogy with Vaders Redemption. Plus the Vader and Luke scenes are some of my favorite scenes in all of SW.

JadenFlamearrow
12.01.2017 , 04:40 PM | #2
Star Wars Movies and Shows Top-bottom (higher is more favored)
Clone Wars Show
The Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace
Star Wars Rebels Show
(I don't consider the new movies Star Wars because they are so bad)
Are you a subscriber and want cool stuff? I know I do! Click this
and we both get cool stuff!

DarthDymond
12.01.2017 , 04:53 PM | #3
(Listed in order from best to least good)

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi / The Force Awakens (tie)
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

I can't really rank movies vs entire runs of TV series, so separately ranking the shows against each other:

The Clone Wars
Rebels
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

TalonVII
12.01.2017 , 04:57 PM | #4
Return of the Jedi
A new hope
Empire strikes back
Rogue 1
Rebels
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
The Clone Wars(I'll never forgive them for screwing up Bariss Offee's story)
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace
Ewok movies of the 80s(yes I remember them)
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

fishpeople
12.01.2017 , 05:11 PM | #5
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
A Phantom Menace
The Force Awakens

Toraak
12.01.2017 , 07:19 PM | #6
My list is from best to worst.

Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars Rebels cartoon
Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace

I do not count Rogue One, or Force Awakens as Star Wars movies. Rogue One had to little story in it for SW it seemed to just push us from one action scene to the next which made it a great action movie, but a bad SW movie. And as for Force Awakens, Disney should feel ashamed for even thinking of making that piece of garbage.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Cuiwe
12.02.2017 , 06:42 AM | #7
First, is this about OBJECTIVE quality or about our SUBJECTIVE likes / dislikes? I'll go with latter:

1. Empire Strikes Back: A lot happens here, it's very, very morally gray and otherwise rather dark, very nice script, dialogue and directing...overall it's what I'd call a "masterpiece of Cinematography".
  2. Rogue One: Betcha you saw this coming. Anyhow, I like the grittiness of it all, how nobody is really right and even Krennic is, ultimately, an idealist, it ties the Prequels and the Original Trilogy perfectly and it functions as its own movie just fine. Oh and it also functions perfectly as an adjunct to ANH. Yeah, there isn't a big sweeping story like say in GoT, but I don't really need any of that crap. Masterfully executed simple idea >>> averagely executed elaborate idea. My biggest gripe with this one is the fact that the first act is...drab and the biggest issue is the music. It's...there? Is it? The movie would've been 10x better if the music was better. Oh and the photography and visual effects! OMG <3 . I also like action movies very much tyvm! And I like SWTOR Trooper, if that's relevant(there's like 99% chance it is).
  3. Revenge of the Sith: The last 45 minutes of this are just...otherworldly. Yeah, the dialogue is still Lucas-y, but the acting and the overall design of the movie is FAR BETTER than its two predecessors. Don't believe me? Listen to James Rolfe / AVGN talking about it...he finished movie school and what not. Overall, I like it's stark darkness and the very dramatic tone. BUT! It could've used some comedy relief, come on! This is why K2SO is such an important character in R1.
  4. A New Hope: Just to make a distinction, this is practically a tie breaker with Revenge. They're very different movies and they should be watched in different mindsets or you'll be left wanting. Because one is (almost gothic) tale of selling the soul to devil(almost Faustian) and the other's a lighthearted adventure. I tend to like the atmosphere of Revenge more, so I put it forward. But this is a minute detail. ANH as a whole is better and more entertaining, but the last 45 minutes of Revenge...lol omg .
  5. The Force Awakens: I rather liked this movie. Yeah, it doesn't have any brains and it's almost a complete rethread of what happened in ANH and is a rather awesome visual treat. Think of TFA as of a...Kelly Bundy. You know . And I'm always entertained by it, but my overall feelings about it are.../meh. Could've lived without it tbh.
  6. The Attack of the Clones: Count Dookula! With that out of the way, it's an ok action flick. I rather like the second part, but I can live without it tbh.
  7. Return of the Jedi: This movie grates on my nerves so much! Yeah, it's probably better than both #5 and #6, but they at least entertain me! This just feels like someone's pushing his views on me and is a glorified overlong ad for pointless toys and merchandise. *********** Ewoks! How do they manage to do what they did with sticks and stones? COME ON! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE(they're not even Force Sensitive)! Because "Ecology / Nature >>> Technology / Capitalism" obviously. **** off! Besides that, the ending on the Death Star's rather nice, the naval battle is epic and I rather like Luke's black outfit. But! I don't care for like 75% of movie!
  8. The Phantom Menace: It has...Maul, a Saberstaff, rather nice Fightsabre choreography and the Pod Racing. Yeah...ok? Is that it? One important thing to note is that...it doesn't have any nice looking woman in it! A bunch of girls, white faced whatever and...? . While I don't find Natalie nice(too...petite in EVERY way and the face's rather odd) and Carrie was a bit too masculine for my taste(maybe Leia's masculine, not Carrie, but meh -> oh I'm talking behavior wise), those are much better than 14 year old Natalie and co. I prefer Felicity myself. Oh, oh what am I babbling about? This movie sucks. It's bad, ok? It's like Star Wars for sub 12 year olds.

( I do not list cartoons, series or specials because this thread's about Star Wars MOVIES. I also can't wait to see The Last Jedi, but I'm not expecting much tbh. )
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

MajorZuma
12.02.2017 , 08:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post

( I do not list cartoons, series or specials because this thread's about Star Wars MOVIES. I also can't wait to see The Last Jedi, but I'm not expecting much tbh. )
I said in the Original Post, you can make your list to however you prefer pretty much. I had Rebels and Clone Wars in my list, it's honestly more of a list of all watchable SW rather than just movies.

Cuiwe
12.02.2017 , 08:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorZuma View Post
I said in the Original Post, you can make your list to however you prefer pretty much. I had Rebels and Clone Wars in my list, it's honestly more of a list of all watchable SW rather than just movies.
Honestly?

I don't care about them.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

FlameYOL
12.02.2017 , 09:19 AM | #10
My favorite Star Wars movie would be ROTS, despite some poor dialogue and overacting the story is just amazing, the execution of order 66 was the most beautiful scene in the franchise and the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was excellent.
My 2nd favorite would probably be ESB due to it's darkness, I don't think it trumps ROTS since in ROTS all the Jedi are killed and the republic is replaced by the Empire.
3rd would probably be Return of the Jedi, I know it has Ewoks but I actually like them and having Darth Sidious/The Emperor show up made the movie really interesting.
4th would be Phantom Menace, I love the movie despite Jar Jar and it was a good foundation stone for the rest of the prequels.
5th would be a New Hope. I like the movie but I actually think ou of the OT it's the weakest. It's a good foundation stone though.
6th would be AOTC, I think the movie is good but it's more of a bridge between PM and ROTS.
I liked TCW movie although I think that sometimes the comedic relief could've been handled better.
Hated TFA with the exception of the interrogation scene... before Rey mary sues her way out of it.
Still haven't watched Rogue One so can't make an opinion on that one.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything