Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please do not award new mats for Solo Ranked. Other rewards are fine but not mats.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please do not award new mats for Solo Ranked. Other rewards are fine but not mats.

Alec_Fortescue
12.01.2017 , 08:55 AM | #1
First of all it's great to see how many people queue TR. And TR should be the source of materials. Both serious players can enjoy meme teams of farmers for rating and farmers are happy by just getting mats. It's all cool.

If you will introduce mats into solo ranked it will cause a lot of harassment, toxicity and unwanted behaviour. SR will be flooded with farmers who won't have any consideration of people who are willing to participate. It will be full of toxic trolls and people who don't give a darn about the game and just want their mats.

Please do not award Materials for Solo Ranked. Let them give CXP, Components, Tokens, credits but not Augment materials. Many solo players, myself included, had a blast in TR and fought against not-so-bad teams. There were almost no farmers and players tried composing themselves of trinity teams. TR will lose this traffic and solo will be full of toxicity if you'll introduce materials there.

DavidAtkinson
12.01.2017 , 11:03 AM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938773

They already know of the problem.

I am for granting rewards because the economy is broken. Who do you think can afford the prices on those augments ?

There are already people fully geared with them and have an advantage.

If only a few people have access to the mats then we gonna have a gearing problem again.

Foambreaker
12.01.2017 , 11:35 AM | #3
Mixing a scored competition with a gathering activity is just plain stupid.

TrixxieTriss
12.01.2017 , 11:41 AM | #4
Alec, the problem with the mats only being in grouped Ranked is people are already wintrading the mats and only those people will ever have them. They are making millions by doing this.
The only way is to make the mats available in both solo and group,
Honestly I don’t think they should be in either. A better way would be for people to buy the mats with unassembled components because ranked still gives more of those anyway.
Dropping mats as a reward only encourages people to cheat the system.

Foambreaker
12.01.2017 , 11:50 AM | #5
They should put the mats in WZ and Vet FP.

Who cares if they are not hard to get, it is only augments.

They are just trying to make new augments a grind to fill in for lack of content and instead screwing up rated.

Alec_Fortescue
12.01.2017 , 12:30 PM | #6
I am not buying this. What do you mean exploiting? Win trading? Theyre just queuing bad groups so they can mats. They lose, somebody else wins and gets rating. Other group willingly queues and still get mats they were after. Wolf is fed and sheep is unhurt.

They should leave it and not introduce it in solo ranked because that's gonna piss a lot of people and create extremely toxic environment.

yellow_
12.01.2017 , 12:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Alec, the problem with the mats only being in grouped Ranked is people are already wintrading the mats and only those people will ever have them. They are making millions by doing this.
I don't understand. Literally anyone can queue for group ranked if you want. If it's only win traders why not just queue with a legitimate group and beat them?

Alec_Fortescue
12.01.2017 , 01:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I don't understand. Literally anyone can queue for group ranked if you want. If it's only win traders why not just queue with a legitimate group and beat them?
Exactly. If it was awarded in Solos wasters and farmers and tradesr would be queued together with players who want to play legitimately!

Seterade
12.01.2017 , 03:38 PM | #9
Sounds to me you just like the new pop rate of group ranked. You don't have to Solos if you don't want to, but you as a bias player are hardly in a position to dictate who gets mats and who doesn't.

Personally I'm not tied into the PvP system, I keep to myself and am generally a loner. As a result I'm not in the position to do team ranked, so am I forced cause you don't want to give up your Granked pops to not have the mats?

One last note. Solo ranked means nothing. (edited misinformation) Wintrading is alive and well. It's like trying to take solo queue seriously in regs, if you solo queue you give up the right to win based on skill and have faith in "Puglife". In the last year and a half bioware has managed to rip solo queue toxicity down just by sheer numbers of new blood. So I highly doubt getting mats will be any different from the UC grant farmers.

teclado
12.01.2017 , 03:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It will be full of toxic trolls and people who don't give a darn about the game...
Serious question/comment: isn't that what solo ranked already is? There are some decent people in SR, but so many trolls and people who incessantly harass others to the point of making them quit - a behavior which helps kill the game, not grow it. Therefore, they clearly do not give a darn about the game, just themselves.

Anyway, I don't really care that much about this subject, but I just would like to see the top augments not be prohibitively expensive. If you want to keep it in group ranked only, I don't care. Just reward more of the mats to bring the price per unit down.

EDIT: Removed some stuff, added some stuff. I like my edits.
SS
Malovo - Marauder