Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

CaptainPann's Avatar


CaptainPann
12.02.2017 , 11:27 AM | #11
I've heard a lot of things about Theron being a double agent, which I hope is in fact true... but at the same time the betrayal didn't make a lot of sense (depending on which side you're on or not). I've stated before that I REALLY hope he is a double agent and is working towards bringing the alliance to take down some faction or whatever (in the middle of the current FP as of now).. but part of me feels that's not true, and I hope I'm not right. I did see on the trailers that he seems to be more dedicated to whatever side he's leaning on now.
| The Captain Says Hello From Dagobah |
| ~ Have A Wookie Cookie | Referral Link ~ |

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
12.02.2017 , 12:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainPann View Post
I've heard a lot of things about Theron being a double agent, which I hope is in fact true... but at the same time the betrayal didn't make a lot of sense (depending on which side you're on or not). I've stated before that I REALLY hope he is a double agent and is working towards bringing the alliance to take down some faction or whatever (in the middle of the current FP as of now).. but part of me feels that's not true, and I hope I'm not right. I did see on the trailers that he seems to be more dedicated to whatever side he's leaning on now.
he planted a device when he reported back to the leader of Zildrog , so your alliance could catch the discussion . If he wasn't a double agent , why would he do that ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

CaptainPann's Avatar


CaptainPann
12.02.2017 , 12:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
he planted a device when he reported back to the leader of Zildrog , so your alliance could catch the discussion . If he wasn't a double agent , why would he do that ?
Well like I said, I hadn't finished the new quest yet, so I wouldn't have known.. but when I first started playing the whole situation seems iffy to me. I'm not doubting that he isn't.. and since I did finish it, it did seem like he was a double agent. Having played many storylines whether it was KOTFE or just general classes, someone SWTOR makes story advanced that make no sense in the long run.
| The Captain Says Hello From Dagobah |
| ~ Have A Wookie Cookie | Referral Link ~ |

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
12.02.2017 , 01:18 PM | #14
well the only thing that keep poppin in my head , is that during the expansion of revan . On Rishi , when he get captured and Lana let it happen . There is a dialogue option you can pick that make him admit that if him and Lana had planned him being captured....he wouldn't have been able to act the role .

So if they take that in consideration , it would mean at some point if he really is playing the infiltrator....he will be found out eventually .

So either it will become a rescue mission (where you can kill him) , or zildrog know and are using him and he think he is using them .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
12.02.2017 , 01:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
well the only thing that keep poppin in my head , is that during the expansion of revan . On Rishi , when he get captured and Lana let it happen . There is a dialogue option you can pick that make him admit that if him and Lana had planned him being captured....he wouldn't have been able to act the role .

So if they take that in consideration , it would mean at some point if he really is playing the infiltrator....he will be found out eventually .

So either it will become a rescue mission (where you can kill him) , or zildrog know and are using him and he think he is using them .
Theron has allowed himself to be captured (and beaten) numerous times in the past, in order to gain intel or get into a position he needs to be in for his mission. He's a deep cover infiltrator/agent, and that's what he's good at.

If you haven't read the additional background media that features him, I would take a look. It's really great stuff and gives a lot lot lot of further insight into his character and just what he's capable of (like taking down a Dark Council member in his underwear).
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
12.02.2017 , 04:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
he planted a device when he reported back to the leader of Zildrog , so your alliance could catch the discussion . If he wasn't a double agent , why would he do that ?
What confused me is the tiny part of his convo we got to see, there's no way he could have known that guy would spill the name of the Order at the end of the conversation so that could not have been the reason he did it. So what else did we hear/get a transcript of?
Theron- "I held up my end of the bargain, now it's your turn. Will this work?"
Masked Guy- "You have no need to worry, The Eternal Alliance and it's commander will be destroyed."

We get nothing from that intercepted conversation except possible confirmation he wants the Alliance destroyed, and that he's working with a group with the same goals.. which the Chiss lady told us anyway.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

CaptainPann's Avatar


CaptainPann
12.02.2017 , 04:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
What confused me is the tiny part of his convo we got to see, there's no way he could have known that guy would spill the name of the Order at the end of the conversation so that could not have been the reason he did it. So what else did we hear/get a transcript of?
Theron- "I held up my end of the bargain, now it's your turn. Will this work?"
Masked Guy- "You have no need to worry, The Eternal Alliance and it's commander will be destroyed."

We get nothing from that intercepted conversation except possible confirmation he wants the Alliance destroyed, and that he's working with a group with the same goals.. which the Chiss lady told us anyway.
That tripped me up too, even my own character said something didn't make sense. I'm leaning towards him now more than ever being a double agent... but I do know that we learned the name of the order that Theran was backing.
| The Captain Says Hello From Dagobah |
| ~ Have A Wookie Cookie | Referral Link ~ |

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
12.02.2017 , 05:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
What confused me is the tiny part of his convo we got to see, there's no way he could have known that guy would spill the name of the Order at the end of the conversation so that could not have been the reason he did it. So what else did we hear/get a transcript of?
Theron- "I held up my end of the bargain, now it's your turn. Will this work?"
Masked Guy- "You have no need to worry, The Eternal Alliance and it's commander will be destroyed."

We get nothing from that intercepted conversation except possible confirmation he wants the Alliance destroyed, and that he's working with a group with the same goals.. which the Chiss lady told us anyway.
I kinda think that's splitting hairs a bit...because why would he have sent that to us anyways, even leaving off the part where Creepy Mask Guy #4 mentions the name of the organization? Theron wants us to have the info. We, as the player, know he is a double-agent, but so far the Alliance itself doesn't know for sure yet, because Hylo just thinks her people were able to miraculously get the info. If Theron didn't want them to have it, they wouldn't have gotten it.

Sure, there would have been no way for Theron to know that Creepy Mask Guy would spill the name of the Order, but we could also assume he's been recording everything they've said (like any spy would) and did a little "gotcha" happy dance in his head when the guy opened his trap.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
12.02.2017 , 05:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I kinda think that's splitting hairs a bit...because why would he have sent that to us anyways, even leaving off the part where Creepy Mask Guy #4 mentions the name of the organization? Theron wants us to have the info. We, as the player, know he is a double-agent, but so far the Alliance itself doesn't know for sure yet, because Hylo just thinks her people were able to miraculously get the info. If Theron didn't want them to have it, they wouldn't have gotten it.

Sure, there would have been no way for Theron to know that Creepy Mask Guy would spill the name of the Order, but we could also assume he's been recording everything they've said (like any spy would) and did a little "gotcha" happy dance in his head when the guy opened his trap.
where was it confirmed beyond doubt that he's a double agent? I've seen nothing and believe he's really trying to take the Alliance down.

And that's my point, he may have gotten lucky with that conversation as he allowed it to be intercepted, but I see nothing from it except a confirmation he's taking down the Alliance and "this is the name of my friends". He had to have known the Alliance was keeping tabs on his shuttle, it doesn't seem like he swapped shuttles at any point, so he's been stopping us from getting anything until now and we get nothing but confirmation of the Order, and rpesumably his, plans. We get the name, but already knew he was working with a group thanks to the Chiss lady, obviously he may not have known that but we couldn't trace his call, or that would have been mentioned, so we get 3 lines, one being a lucky find and the other two confirming betrayal.

with one-size fits all storylines currently neither theory fits (undercover or full betrayal) but full betrayal fits better for all types of commanders, even if still confusing, then undercover helping a full tyrannical Commander does. Is the only reason I stick with the less confusing version of a story, until I can find less out there theories on the undercover thing. None have convinced me yet but I do read everyone's explanations.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
12.02.2017 , 07:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
where was it confirmed beyond doubt that he's a double agent? I've seen nothing and believe he's really trying to take the Alliance down.

And that's my point, he may have gotten lucky with that conversation as he allowed it to be intercepted, but I see nothing from it except a confirmation he's taking down the Alliance and "this is the name of my friends". He had to have known the Alliance was keeping tabs on his shuttle, it doesn't seem like he swapped shuttles at any point, so he's been stopping us from getting anything until now and we get nothing but confirmation of the Order, and rpesumably his, plans. We get the name, but already knew he was working with a group thanks to the Chiss lady, obviously he may not have known that but we couldn't trace his call, or that would have been mentioned, so we get 3 lines, one being a lucky find and the other two confirming betrayal.

with one-size fits all storylines currently neither theory fits (undercover or full betrayal) but full betrayal fits better for all types of commanders, even if still confusing, then undercover helping a full tyrannical Commander does. Is the only reason I stick with the less confusing version of a story, until I can find less out there theories on the undercover thing. None have convinced me yet but I do read everyone's explanations.
I'm about 99.999% sure that this is a deep cover agent at work. Why else would he have sent that? To shove it in our faces and kick us while we're down? That doesn't seem like him. If he was an actual traitor, he wouldn't have had to send a thing because we already knew that much. And he would have been doing himself and the organization he's working for a disservice by providing the Alliance with the name.

The easier to grasp theory is that he recorded the conversation for the sole purpose of tipping off the Alliance. BioWare kind of did a 1 + 1 = 2 thing with that scene...showing him activating the recording device and then in the next breath showing the captured transcript sent to the Alliance. I saw him activate the red light and had to wonder what he was up to...and then when I saw the transcript it hit me in an OH YEAH moment. Now we know.

I've always been almost positive of the double-agent thing from the start, just going off of Theron's past "I'm gonna go behind everybody's back and just do this" sort of behavior with Annihilation and Lost Suns.

Not to mention tweets from writing staff about how this is an exercise in "trust."
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT