Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

CaptainPann
12.01.2017 , 07:29 AM | #1
[UPDATE]
Keep in mind the newest episode of the KOTFE series 'A Traitor Among the Chiss'
~Hello everybody,

I was pretty messed up about the last KOTFE episode "Crisis on Umbara". As a Light Side Jedi Counselor this kicked me where it hurts and left me dazed and confused because of it's random nature.I felt a little betrayed because of my romance with Theran Shan (Also having played the previous expansion packs with him in it), and wanted to know other's opinions whether they had a romance with him or not. I have yet to play the new episode 'A Traitor Among The Chiss'.. which I am playing in a few hours (lol). Whether you've had Theran for a long time or just for the KOTFE series.. I really would like to hear your opinions, theories for future episodes concerning him, and or just to talk about it.

~Thanks

SerraShar
12.01.2017 , 07:54 AM | #2
well...I'm not a big fan of theron , but I do have one toon romancing him . My double agent sniper .

I don't think he is a real traitor , like say Koth was in trying to steal the graveyard ship or like Quinn or any of the others npc that do betray you (say like baras) . I think his whole 'act' is just that an act .

I'm guessing that he is infiltrating them to bring them down by making the alliance chase him to his new boss .

at least , so far that's how it seem . if it turn out he really is a traitor....BW better make it good . And like all traitor..he will die .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

FlameYOL
12.01.2017 , 01:37 PM | #3
I didn't liked Theron at first but he grew onto, specially after Ziost. I really do think he's a double-agent thought and depending on his reasons for doing what he did I think I might forgive him.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

fishpeople
12.01.2017 , 01:40 PM | #4
I'm not convinced he's being manipulated, but I'm certain he's playing the double agent role.

I'll need to hear his reasoning for what he's doing and why he hasn't told us, before I decide whether or not I'm going to shoot him.

devilkat
12.01.2017 , 05:23 PM | #5
My SW romanced him since SoR. I like his romance, even with this twist thrown in. However, with this new FP, he's earning himself a punch in the face, even if she does love him....
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Plactus
12.01.2017 , 07:40 PM | #6
Spoiler

Swingkittie
12.01.2017 , 07:54 PM | #7
Well there are numerous threads on Theron Shan but here is my take. At first I was in shock, angry, appalled, etc., etc. I have settled down since and am taking this for what it is. I have to play this out based on my characters thoughts.
  • My evil Sith Assassin (non-romanced, he is with Lana) will want to kill him.
    My trooper will want to imprison him. Also non-romanced and with Aric.
    My Jedi Knight will dump him as her lover.
    My female Sith Warrior (who romanced Theron) will want to kill him and bury his corpse next to Quinn.
    My Sith Sorcerer may or may not forgive him, but would like to punch him in the gut for what he has done.
    My Jedi Shadow will forgive him because he is her first love (she stayed true to the Jedi Code until Theron's suave personality did her in ).
    I haven't decided yet on what my bounty hunter or agent will do.

We as the player see things that our characters do not. When you play Copero you will see for example that
Spoiler

I have a couple of problems with that because it just makes more plot holes for me. I feel that Theron never needed to do any of that and why is he all of a sudden quietly giving information. He should have trusted my character enough to confide in us instead of going all rogue. He is a fool to not think that any of this hurt us and a bigger fool to take a risk that we wouldn't hesitate to destroy him for it. Also, now that we know (from the mail we get after Copero) part of what is happening, why are we just sitting around.

Spoiler

I also hope that we can act on some of the things Lana says like
Spoiler

I am just kind of tired of the Alliance Commander being left in the dark most of the time and just made to look like a fool to Theron and anyone else.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

SerraShar
12.01.2017 , 10:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Well there are numerous threads on Theron Shan but here is my take. At first I was in shock, angry, appalled, etc., etc. I have settled down since and am taking this for what it is. I have to play this out based on my characters thoughts.
  • My evil Sith Assassin (non-romanced, he is with Lana) will want to kill him.
    My trooper will want to imprison him. Also non-romanced and with Aric.
    My Jedi Knight will dump him as her lover.
    My female Sith Warrior (who romanced Theron) will want to kill him and bury his corpse next to Quinn.
    My Sith Sorcerer may or may not forgive him, but would like to punch him in the gut for what he has done.
    My Jedi Shadow will forgive him because he is her first love (she stayed true to the Jedi Code until Theron's suave personality did her in ).
    I haven't decided yet on what my bounty hunter or agent will do.

We as the player see things that our characters do not. When you play Copero you will see for example that
Spoiler

I have a couple of problems with that because it just makes more plot holes for me. I feel that Theron never needed to do any of that and why is he all of a sudden quietly giving information. He should have trusted my character enough to confide in us instead of going all rogue. He is a fool to not think that any of this hurt us and a bigger fool to take a risk that we wouldn't hesitate to destroy him for it. Also, now that we know (from the mail we get after Copero) part of what is happening, why are we just sitting around.

Spoiler

I also hope that we can act on some of the things Lana says like
Spoiler

I am just kind of tired of the Alliance Commander being left in the dark most of the time and just made to look like a fool to Theron and anyone else.
Tsk...I can't stand this !

You have great Powers ! use them ! what is with the Punching! lol leave that to the grunt and lowlife ! Zap! Forcechoke and so on and so forth

Quote:
I feel that Theron never needed to do any of that and why is he all of a sudden quietly giving information. He should have trusted my character enough to confide in us instead of going all rogue.
There must be a reason for it . At least I'm hoping there is one . cose if he is just pulling a Baras on me.....pffff..been there , done that , get lost !

for our characters to be hurt , what for ? I mean , maybe someone who romanced him . I did his romance on my double agent..and she wasnt even mad . cose hello...Spying and lying is part of the job . Most of the class had some dealing with backstabber and others it was the center of their stories .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Cawyden
12.02.2017 , 02:55 AM | #9
While I am sure that Theron is not really betraying us and just on a single man operation to uncover a threat to the alliance and the commander I fear that we might not get a satisfaying answer from Theron when he returns to us.

I guess it will be the usual "You know I couldn't risk my operation so I could not tell you" dumb line.

I think Charles even told us to have faith and that this is about trust. I guess we have to trust Theron to do the right thing and he trusts the commander to understand what he is doing.

Basically - if they would have used the "normal" way it would just have been an other mission with a threat were we speak about it in the beginning, plan what to do and then move on to solve this problem.

I think they wanted to add some more drama and this is why they wrote that Theron starts this surprise operation.

Dracofish
12.02.2017 , 03:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cawyden View Post
While I am sure that Theron is not really betraying us and just on a single man operation to uncover a threat to the alliance and the commander I fear that we might not get a satisfaying answer from Theron when he returns to us.

I guess it will be the usual "You know I couldn't risk my operation so I could not tell you" dumb line.

I think Charles even told us to have faith and that this is about trust. I guess we have to trust Theron to do the right thing and he trusts the commander to understand what he is doing.

Basically - if they would have used the "normal" way it would just have been an other mission with a threat were we speak about it in the beginning, plan what to do and then move on to solve this problem.

I think they wanted to add some more drama and this is why they wrote that Theron starts this surprise operation.
I imagine that probably is what we can expect, but it will be very unsatisfying. Even though he's trying to protect the Commander and the Alliance (I have no doubt that he's a double-agent...I never did), he completely undermined the Commander's authority. Theron made him/her look like a total stooge in front of the entire galaxy...and a romanced Commander got an even shorter stick. Groveling and a bleeding heart, acting like a weakling for all to see...or total hell hath no fury like...in which case you get an unromanced letter from him with the latter choice (so we don't even know if the romance is broken if you take the bounty option).

They've really backed us into a wall with the concept of just forgiving him like "okey dokey Theron, you saved us so it's all okay now." No, no it's not. A Commander who just blindly forgives him would be admitting to everybody that he/she has no authority, and is really just a figurehead, and has no right to know what's going on with the people beneath him/her.

They had so much potential here. So much. All they had to do was throw in a little spice, like the three of them coming up with some grand spy game scheme. And for a romanced Theron, it would make it so much more angsty...with the Commander knowingly sending his/her lover off on a deep cover mission that he might never return from. *chills*
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT