Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boss HP for new Flashpoint: TatC -- Let's Discuss...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Boss HP for new Flashpoint: TatC -- Let's Discuss...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nyrkverse
12.01.2017 , 01:05 AM | #21
the only one that takes a bit too long, IMO, it's the Temple Guardian and that's by design as you can just skip it with the fruit. Nothing really hurts in solo anyway, not sure what the GSIdroid would be for...might as well just add a "skip fight entirely" button then. It's a fine FP and Copero is lovely, first time since Yavin 4 where I felt compelled to go look in every nook or taking in the vistas.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

merovejec
12.01.2017 , 01:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bishop_Arts View Post
I'm a 247 ilvl assassin, and it still took a solid 10 minutes to kill him.
A 248 Sentinel took him down in less than 5 min.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Gokkus
12.01.2017 , 01:48 AM | #23
I agree. First time I did the solo FP was on a stealth class and that was why it was doable but with all the stuns and damage immunities, the trash mobs (which are largely the same everywhere) become boring fast. The whole thing just takes too long.

When I did it in veteran mode we had a decent party. But we where not in maxed gear or even all level 70. It felt like it took forever. In reality it might have been like Kaon or Long island, I do not know exactly, but it felt a lot more tedious than those FPs.

It should be tailored to the average player with average gear. Maxed characters and raiders have OPS for their difficulty/tediousness needs. So the learn how to play your class remarks show serious lack of insight imo. Looking for the optimal rotation is nog everyone's idea of fun.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

denavin
12.01.2017 , 02:02 AM | #24
Giving the bosses 2 to 3 million HP does not make them challenging. It only make it boring and dull. Knock off some of the HP for the first and third boss then they will be more BALANCED. As they are now they are only a drudge that will NOT get done.

I find that I am not enthusiastic about doing this FP more than once and I am only doing it because I am being forded to.

I would prefer that FPs were NOT used as Story Missions but rather FPs should be put back as OPTIONAL SIDE MISSION. Like they have always been. Give us back REAL story mission that we can do over time and not JAM a FLASHPOINT DOWN OUR THROATS AMD CALL IT A STORY.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Batwer
12.01.2017 , 02:50 AM | #25
For solo half of the HP is enough.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

JattaGin
12.01.2017 , 03:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
the only one that takes a bit too long, IMO, it's the Temple Guardian and that's by design as you can just skip it with the fruit.
Could you define "too long" from your point of view? If I can pop my heroic ability three times in one boss fight, it is definitely too long for my taste. Previously, the longest solo fights (Revan solo doesn't count) alloweed one or two heroic ability pops. That was long, but well, ok. But three?

Quote: Originally Posted by YlliyaXor View Post
I think they just forgot to add GSIsus, with him this would have been closer to normal story mode difficulty.

It's not just the bosses, all mobs have more hp than normal.
That was my impression. I played story mode first and I immediately wondered whether I accidentally chose veteran mode. It felt like soloing a veteran FP, especially the mobs. (The bosses don't really do any damage though.)

Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
I would prefer that FPs were NOT used as Story Missions but rather FPs should be put back as OPTIONAL SIDE MISSION. Like they have always been. Give us back REAL story mission that we can do over time and not JAM a FLASHPOINT DOWN OUR THROATS AMD CALL IT A STORY.
I think at this point of time it's safe to assume that this kind of game updates we got this year is what we get next year as well. I'd bet (although won't) a 60-Days-Gametime-Card that the next story updates will be exactly like this one: Minimal effort that they can sell as solo AND group content at the same time.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Keta
12.01.2017 , 09:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I think at this point of time it's safe to assume that this kind of game updates we got this year is what we get next year as well. I'd bet (although won't) a 60-Days-Gametime-Card that the next story updates will be exactly like this one: Minimal effort that they can sell as solo AND group content at the same time.
I'll bet you have no takers on your bet.

I think storyline expansions require a significant larger number of resources than FP's. There are outside factors that slowed some of the game development down (such as a lengthy voice actors strike that put the lid on any new projects) but the resources allocated to this game seem to be limited. I'd love to be wrong though.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

nyrkverse
12.01.2017 , 09:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Could you define "too long" from your point of view? If I can pop my heroic ability three times in one boss fight, it is definitely too long for my taste. Previously, the longest solo fights (Revan solo doesn't count) alloweed one or two heroic ability pops. That was long, but well, ok. But three?
the temple guardian took me about 5 minutes. As dps of course. Are you playing as a healer by any chance?
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Djake
12.01.2017 , 09:45 AM | #29
I think those of you who are saying they did these boss fights in <5 minutes need a better timer. Now granted I've done this only twice. Once on a healer and then once on a Vanguard tank, but they take a LONG...LONG time.

Right after the Guardian droid there is a repair bot, each time I've repaired there the cost was over 15k, and that was with zero deaths. While that really isn't a lot of credits in this era of the game, its ridiculous for a flashpoint.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

ImmortalLowlife
12.01.2017 , 10:12 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Djake View Post
I think those of you who are saying they did these boss fights in <5 minutes need a better timer. Now granted I've done this only twice. Once on a healer and then once on a Vanguard tank, but they take a LONG...LONG time.

Right after the Guardian droid there is a repair bot, each time I've repaired there the cost was over 15k, and that was with zero deaths. While that really isn't a lot of credits in this era of the game, its ridiculous for a flashpoint.
I notice that as well. Everyone who's saying <5min boss fights have high lvl gear. My guardian tank has an avg gear rating of about 218. I'd bet there are more ppl with ratings similar to that than there are with the fully augmented 248's.

Now that said, I did enjoy the fp for the most part. And I'm sure my merc who's much better geared will blaze through it with my lvl 38 Mako. But for the average player it needs some adjustments imo.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!