Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who's the ruler of the Sith Empire now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who's the ruler of the Sith Empire now?

Sharnyal's Avatar


Sharnyal
11.30.2017 , 10:39 AM | #1
Hiya,

Just a quick query, peoples!

So in the latest story content from Iokath, you either kill the Republic commander, or you can kill of the Sith Empress which leaves us with two seperate story arcs for how the game continues which in my eyes, messes with the lore and leaves the state of the galaxy uncertain for me in the sense of who's alive, who isn't and whom is ruling over who.

I am aware that apparently Darth Vowrawn is said to be the new Emperor.

So my question is this. Is Empress Acina alive or dead, and who is officially ruling over what government (Empire & Republic) within the game's lore now?

Thank you very much!

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.30.2017 , 11:31 AM | #2
well if acina is dead , then Vowvarn or whatever is his name is the one in charge . Most of the dark council members died while we were held in carbonite during those 5 years . So there aren't that many that can take over at this point .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

catsi's Avatar


catsi
11.30.2017 , 11:59 AM | #3
Its Darth Vowron actually.

Spoiler
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
11.30.2017 , 12:00 PM | #4
I believe the game "canonically" (in its own sense), follows the story of the Jedi Knight, so from that view, the Alliance allied with the Republic and Acina is killed at Iokath. Wowrawn seems to be most potent candidate since most of the Dark Council died while fightning against the Zakuulans invasion or they went into hiding. We do not know about Ravage or Mortis so at the moment, Wowrawn is best choice.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

fishpeople's Avatar


fishpeople
11.30.2017 , 12:29 PM | #5
If you sided with the imps, Acina, if you sided with the republic, Vowvron.

Celise's Avatar


Celise
11.30.2017 , 12:39 PM | #6
Vowrawn leads the Empire and Jebevel Madon has resigned from his position as Chancellor of the Republic where Galena Rans has taken over on a temporary basis. I wonder if Galena is the first name for the supreme commander of the republic forces who retired 6-7 years ago and left Jace Malcom to take over?

Anyway, i found the most telling part was not that Vowrawn is made Emperor after the demise of Acina, but that the Empire has only 24 worlds to it's name with resource problems and a large amount of chaos within the Empire. That is surprisingly few worlds to its name and some how it managed to challenge and put the Republic in a stalemate for decades before the Eternal Empire arrived. Emperor Vowrawn's tenure is not likely to last very long with the incredible odds he faces trying to turn the Empire around from an almost certain collapse, for now i'm unsure if he really is the new leader at this point .

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.30.2017 , 12:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
If you sided with the imps, Acina, if you sided with the republic, Vowvron.
oh yeah thats true . The difference is if its acina , she try to get her hand on Iokath . While Vowvron remove his peoples and the empire peoples are pissed at him .

funny we dont hear anything about the republic though .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

fishpeople's Avatar


fishpeople
11.30.2017 , 01:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
oh yeah thats true . The difference is if its acina , she try to get her hand on Iokath . While Vowvron remove his peoples and the empire peoples are pissed at him .

funny we dont hear anything about the republic though .
it's near enough the same on the Imp side.

Chancellor resigns, his co-chancellor is in the process of taking over, and the Republic has pulled back Iokath and numerous other planets.

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.30.2017 , 01:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
it's near enough the same on the Imp side.

Chancellor resigns, his co-chancellor is in the process of taking over, and the Republic has pulled back Iokath and numerous other planets.
sorry , I shouldve said Jedi lol we don't know who is in charge with Satele missing .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
11.30.2017 , 08:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Vowrawn leads the Empire and Jebevel Madon has resigned from his position as Chancellor of the Republic where Galena Rans has taken over on a temporary basis. I wonder if Galena is the first name for the supreme commander of the republic forces who retired 6-7 years ago and left Jace Malcom to take over?

Anyway, i found the most telling part was not that Vowrawn is made Emperor after the demise of Acina, but that the Empire has only 24 worlds to it's name with resource problems and a large amount of chaos within the Empire. That is surprisingly few worlds to its name and some how it managed to challenge and put the Republic in a stalemate for decades before the Eternal Empire arrived. Emperor Vowrawn's tenure is not likely to last very long with the incredible odds he faces trying to turn the Empire around from an almost certain collapse, for now i'm unsure if he really is the new leader at this point .
Interesting the the Chancellor resigns... I wonder if we'll ever meet him or his replacement.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything