Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

And with 5.6 the merc war continues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
And with 5.6 the merc war continues

Evolixe
11.30.2017 , 02:20 PM | #21
Looking at the changes, I really don't see how anyone could think this would actually change anything
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

DavidAtkinson
12.01.2017 , 12:40 AM | #22
Hey folks,

One more known issue for the list. A handful of Disciplines are currently performing better than they should be. This is due to a number of unintended passive benefits which are applying to them. There is no in-game indication on your character of whether or not it is applying to you, but it is a bug related to some set bonuses. This will be addressed in a future update. If you notice you are healing for or doing more damage than usual, this is why.

-eric

WayOfTheWarriorx
12.01.2017 , 06:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Looking at the changes, I really don't see how anyone could think this would actually change anything
Same exact effect on Snipers. The changes did absolutely nothing. Mercs and Snipers are still walking trinities.

LeglessChair
12.01.2017 , 06:27 AM | #24
merc still broke af
Eternal Vanguard Obidion, Powertech on Fire
Clickbait

Kirtastropohe
12.01.2017 , 08:59 AM | #25
Yes, that's the absolutely irony of all the changes made since 5.0. They have "fixed" (one might say screwed) every class BUT the class that was made disgustingly OP in the first place. For all this talk of metrics and overperforming and all that junk, no objective person can say that Mercs aren't crazy OP for PvP. No one could go into a WZ and not see something seriously amiss with how much survivability and therefore damage they can do. And to make matters worse, these changes to bring other classes "in line" with metrics have weakened them, thus making the Mercs even stronger.

Good thing we took that 30% DR when stunned away from DPS shadows/sins though... because THAT was the biggest issue we had with class balance.

Foambreaker
12.01.2017 , 10:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
Yes, that's the absolutely irony of all the changes made since 5.0. They have "fixed" (one might say screwed) every class BUT the class that was made disgustingly OP in the first place. For all this talk of metrics and overperforming and all that junk, no objective person can say that Mercs aren't crazy OP for PvP. No one could go into a WZ and not see something seriously amiss with how much survivability and therefore damage they can do. And to make matters worse, these changes to bring other classes "in line" with metrics have weakened them, thus making the Mercs even stronger.

Good thing we took that 30% DR when stunned away from DPS shadows/sins though... because THAT was the biggest issue we had with class balance.
Why not, sins don't need to follow their target and stay close, they can just stand back in a safe spot and melee from a distance...

Neoforcer
12.01.2017 , 10:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimerako View Post
They feel easier to kill to me...yet now assassins can be burned down with cc, pts feel the same defensively in PvP, lightening sorcs also feel the same. I like the dot spread fix on pyro, but energy management on that spec is trash for pvp. Combat still under performs focus because of cc immunity. Which is odd since they have similar dps potential. With the slight nerfs here and there mercs are still pretty op In my opinion.

I don't think the dcd are an issue when I'm playing against them it's the in combat mezz , stun, kb, escape, net, spammed root and self heals that are annoying to me. Seems like utility overkill.

Old before nerf https://i.imgur.com/VjkHSHG.jpg yep this nerf made us sin and shadows cc with CC the only thing this did was if a sniper cced you in his AOE you took -60 damage reduction while stunned only no other changes

Neoforcer
12.01.2017 , 11:02 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
It was my experience too that Merc doesn't feel any different than before.
What do you expect when the Devs use these balance tools https://i.imgur.com/jMdnwvS.jpg

Monterone
12.01.2017 , 11:37 AM | #29
Merc doesn't feel much different. The issue is less that of the potency of the utilities available to them as it is the sheer amount of them - one too many.

Additionally, the root on a very low CD is amazing to have and I love it but it needs to be higher up so it can actually be a choice. HO, Jet Out, KB, Net is more than enough without a free 4s root in the first tier... move it up.
Zombie . Silk . Sinestro
Satele Shan

Raansu
12.02.2017 , 09:29 PM | #30
I only recently came back to the game and stopped playing before the big merc buff. I kept up a little bit on reddit and heard the complaints about mercs and I thought it couldn't be that bad annnnnnnd I was wrong. Its not even the fact that every match has like mostly mercs, its the simple fact that they are practically tanks. In what world does BW think this is even remotely ok? Ya mercs were awful before those buffs, but this is ridiculous. I big buff, ok, but they have multiple defense now. A good chunk of them need to be changed drastically. Too much self healing going on with their defenses.