Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

And with 5.6 the merc war continues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
And with 5.6 the merc war continues

Lundorff
11.29.2017 , 01:51 PM | #1
At least in ranked. Who ever has the most (and marginally competent) mercs wins. The nerf has done absolutely nothing, as many of the other classes are equally or worse nerfed. Only maras and snipers seems to be holding their own, but I would still prefer yet another merc than a mara. Running as a sin is definitely bad, as you will be targeted first or second.

Schoock
11.29.2017 , 02:08 PM | #2
It was my experience too that Merc doesn't feel any different than before.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

Aetideus
11.29.2017 , 02:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
It was my experience too that Merc doesn't feel any different than before.
As expected, after the announcement.

Chimerako
11.29.2017 , 02:35 PM | #4
They feel easier to kill to me...yet now assassins can be burned down with cc, pts feel the same defensively in PvP, lightening sorcs also feel the same. I like the dot spread fix on pyro, but energy management on that spec is trash for pvp. Combat still under performs focus because of cc immunity. Which is odd since they have similar dps potential. With the slight nerfs here and there mercs are still pretty op In my opinion.

I don't think the dcd are an issue when I'm playing against them it's the in combat mezz , stun, kb, escape, net, spammed root and self heals that are annoying to me. Seems like utility overkill.

teclado
11.29.2017 , 02:40 PM | #5
I'm sure they will drop TR to 3.5% heal per stack by next season, about a year from now. Just be patient and let things play out. /sarc
SS
Malovo - Marauder

WayOfTheWarriorx
11.29.2017 , 05:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
At least in ranked. Who ever has the most (and marginally competent) mercs wins. The nerf has done absolutely nothing, as many of the other classes are equally or worse nerfed. Only maras and snipers seems to be holding their own, but I would still prefer yet another merc than a mara. Running as a sin is definitely bad, as you will be targeted first or second.
Carnage just took a huge nerf. It's garbage now.

All hail Fury.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

DenariusJay
11.29.2017 , 09:13 PM | #7
I played one regs match on my PT and was just rofl about how fast I melted during chain stains.

BW has utterly dropped the ball on this game when it comes to pvp balance. At this point I don't even get mad/care anymore, I'm just laughing as I score 10 deaths and still have the most dps on my team #regsRgrate
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

sinisterwaffle
11.29.2017 , 10:34 PM | #8
ya, its utterly ridiculous how terrible failware is at balancing pvp lately, at first i thought i would just play my merc, but its not a lot of fun when its team merc vs team merc... a very dull game

Turn-XGundam
11.29.2017 , 11:48 PM | #9
they are, were and will continue to be bad at balancing the game. the game was unbalanced since launch in 2011 dec

DavidAtkinson
11.30.2017 , 12:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Carnage just took a huge nerf. It's garbage now.

All hail Fury.

Call me retarded, but I find Carnage to be much better than it was... If it had cc immunity it would be a killing machine.

The fact that the precision window doesn't depend on a very small 3 seconds window but on stacks means that all my hard hitters cannot miss now while using precision.

Previously If you missed those 3 seconds for whatever reason, you wasted DPS, but now that isn't an issue anymore.

You might say it's dumbed down, yes it is but still better in my view.