Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On the state of Nahut VM progression

Jerba
11.28.2017 , 06:59 PM | #1
So apparently Bioware provided a 2/3 GftM lockout to one guild so that they could kill Nahut VM 30 minutes after the live servers opened.

This is totally unacceptable. While there isn't much of a progression scene left in SWTOR, the race to the world firsts continues to be a core part of raiding.

I don't mind that Bioware invites players to PTS so that they can test the boss (and from what I could tell from our SM kills today, the boss is very well done). And I don't mind if Bioware gives them lockouts on PTS so they can spend more time testing the new content.

But those players should not then go to the live server, get an officially sanctioned lockout and publicly stream their kill on Twitch to rub it into every other raider's face.

SupaHsuB
11.28.2017 , 09:46 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
So apparently Bioware provided a 2/3 GftM lockout to one guild so that they could kill Nahut VM 30 minutes after the live servers opened.

This is totally unacceptable. While there isn't much of a progression scene left in SWTOR, the race to the world firsts continues to be a core part of raiding.

I don't mind that Bioware invites players to PTS so that they can test the boss (and from what I could tell from our SM kills today, the boss is very well done). And I don't mind if Bioware gives them lockouts on PTS so they can spend more time testing the new content.

But those players should not then go to the live server, get an officially sanctioned lockout and publicly stream their kill on Twitch to rub it into every other raider's face.
Oh man, what guild got a free 2/3 lockout from Bioware? Thats IS unacceptable!

Wish we were good enough to get one.....
FreakyD Sun'nuvvah Rackett
GM of <It's Lit> Harbinger // Founding Officer of <ZORZ>

R.I.P in Pepperoni Progression Raiding

WiththeForc
11.28.2017 , 09:50 PM | #3
You mean someone beat us to the kill with a lockout that was given to them!?!?!?
<Hatred> <Zorz> <Failure><It's Lit>
All 8-man content cleared on-tier pre-4.0, 4.0, and

nabcobra
11.28.2017 , 10:23 PM | #4
Please tell me how you know this was a sanctioned lockout? And you do know that lockouts reset more than an hour before servers went down for maintance right?

RikuvonDrake
11.28.2017 , 10:26 PM | #5
I am completely astonished that Bioware would do such a thing, it's evident based on the time when the patches are happening that certain guilds from specific regions already have a huge headstart in the competitive progression that we conduct here in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I am appalled that Bioware would interfere in this fashion with the progression race, how will players like Fuyri, Tigg, Milas and Nibbon deal with their respective 8 Man Gods of The Machine 8man Veteran Mode Progression Threads?

Additionally, I am even more worried that perhaps Enkay makes an appearance and comment on how progression isn't linear, is that the kind of forum activity that we want? Do we really need another 50 pages long discussion regarding how points for each boss should be counted and exactly how many times you may use reflect for it to count?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

naNuke
11.28.2017 , 10:31 PM | #6
I mean, I was just progressing the new flashpoint and enjoying the content, but if such a thing as lockout provided by Bioware happend I have no words. Can we have an admin respond to this please? How can this be even remotely considered a fair progression race for a newly released boss for other guilds? Most of the hardcore raiders spend hours wiping on Tyth before they even can get the taste of Nahut and I don't even want to mention the Aviela and Esne so this is most definitely considered cheating in my book.

/rant

SupaHsuB
11.28.2017 , 10:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I am completely astonished that Bioware would do such a thing, it's evident based on the time when the patches are happening that certain guilds from specific regions already have a huge headstart in the competitive progression that we conduct here in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I am appalled that Bioware would interfere in this fashion with the progression race, how will players like Fuyri, Tigg, Milas and Nibbon deal with their respective 8 Man Gods of The Machine 8man Veteran Mode Progression Threads?

Additionally, I am even more worried that perhaps Enkay makes an appearance and comment on how progression isn't linear, is that the kind of forum activity that we want? Do we really need another 50 pages long discussion regarding how points for each boss should be counted and exactly how many times you may use reflect for it to count?
Riku <3

Only oldfags will remember
FreakyD Sun'nuvvah Rackett
GM of <It's Lit> Harbinger // Founding Officer of <ZORZ>

R.I.P in Pepperoni Progression Raiding

Gyronamics
11.28.2017 , 10:42 PM | #8
I agree with the previous seven posters and find it a disgraceful state of affairs that pushback still exists in this game on all non-sniper/slinger casting classes. It is a dps loss while taking damage and a timewasting mechanic that exists to bother 2/3 dps casting classes and and all 3 healing classes.

Bump this thread until the developers remove this worthless irritation.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

RussellRichter
11.28.2017 , 10:52 PM | #9
Omegalul
Hang Loose

twitch.tv/roscoe2311

<Origin> <Failure> <It's Lit>

merovejec
11.29.2017 , 01:41 AM | #10
Not sure if ppl are trolling, since we are talking Veteran mode here. Is that really proggression these days?? So they killed it 2 hours before you, so? People dont even know the raiders in the game anymore, only raiders know the raiders, if you guys hadnt posted in this thread people wouldnt even know you still play the game.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040