Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crest of the Dread Masters ~ Star Forge


DMulisk's Avatar


DMulisk
11.26.2017 , 11:21 PM | #1
Hello everyone! Ive been playing the game since release and there are some things i still have never done. One being getting the Crest of the Dread Masters. I was hoping i could get a team together to do this on Star Forge. My character name is Akame.

Before you continue reading you WILL NEED to already have a Dread Gaurds corrupted mask dropped from Dreadtooth.

From what I understand Dreadtooth drops a amulet we’ll need to summon the Dreadful Entity, but i dont have the ability to get him on 10 stacks (need someone with the ability to do this). I also read Nightmare Dreadtooth requires 20-24 players to defeat (correct if im wrong) if this is the case we will break off into two groups. After we have the amulet we have to run TFB HM and summon the hidden boss, Dreadul Entity, which will in turn drop an orb required to summon the Hateful Entity in SnV HM.

Requirements:
You MUST have a Dread Gaurds Corrupted Mask (or Crest for those who may want to help)
HM geared - this means at least rank 246 average gear


We will need 4 Tanks 4 Healers and 7 DPS
If dreadtooth requires 24m we need 8 Tanks 8 Healers and 15 DPS - we will break off into teo teams for the other bosses.

If you are interested please comment your character name and role.


I remember needing nightmare crystals in the past for this, if they are no longer a thing and this can just be run please let me know.
The Grell Legacy
Here since day 1
Jedi Covenant Player

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
11.27.2017 , 12:22 AM | #2
Hey,

I don't want to break your optimism, but Hateful Entity is currently one of the hardest DPS-checks ingame combined with one of the most unforgiving boss mechanics. Nothing compared to the other bosses (Dreadtooth, Dreadful Entity) you have to kill before in this bonus series. It's not for fun part of Scum and Villainy Master Mode (actually, it is, but that's some other sort of fun). You definitely need a group of 16 MM-capable players.

You probably can think about crystals of NiM-fury. That eliminates 90% of the mechanic, the healcheck and most of the dps-check. Without crystals, it is what it is: A 16man Nightmare-bonus-boss.

Regarding Dreadtouth and Dreadful: You just need 2 tanks to deal with the tank swap mechanic. For Hateful, you just need 1 tank.

However, when you start forming a group and raiding, you have my best wishes for luck. These are definitely enjoyable boss encounters.

Greetings
Exocor
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

DMulisk's Avatar


DMulisk
11.27.2017 , 06:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Hey,

I don't want to break your optimism, but Hateful Entity is currently one of the hardest DPS-checks ingame combined with one of the most unforgiving boss mechanics. Nothing compared to the other bosses (Dreadtooth, Dreadful Entity) you have to kill before in this bonus series. It's not for fun part of Scum and Villainy Master Mode (actually, it is, but that's some other sort of fun). You definitely need a group of 16 MM-capable players.

You probably can think about crystals of NiM-fury. That eliminates 90% of the mechanic, the healcheck and most of the dps-check. Without crystals, it is what it is: A 16man Nightmare-bonus-boss.

Regarding Dreadtouth and Dreadful: You just need 2 tanks to deal with the tank swap mechanic. For Hateful, you just need 1 tank.

However, when you start forming a group and raiding, you have my best wishes for luck. These are definitely enjoyable boss encounters.

Greetings
Exocor
Thank you for your response, i do understand this but im willing to take the time and tisk to put my trust in my group i put together. If it doesnt work out then oh well, what matters to me is i tried.
The Grell Legacy
Here since day 1
Jedi Covenant Player

nyrkverse's Avatar


nyrkverse
11.27.2017 , 06:47 AM | #4
a small correction, Dreadful entity is the hidden boss in Terror from Beyond not EV.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

GhOsTPrOz's Avatar


GhOsTPrOz
11.27.2017 , 09:09 AM | #5
You do realize the hateful entity has almost exclusively been killed with 1 tank? You won't ever make the DPS check with 4 tanks, and they simply aren't needed.

Also a few corrections. Dreadtooth 10 stack can be easily defeated with a traditional 16m team 2 tanks 4 heals 10 DPS. You have to kill TFB HM to summon dreadful, and you have to kill SNV NIM to summon Hateful, not HM. Also I don't know why you think more people in group = more tanks. The only thing I would suggest ever running more then 2 tanks for would be Ancient Threat where I prefer to have 3 tanks in the group. I suppose 3 tanks helps on NIM Pilgrim too, other then that there's nothing I can think of that requires 3 tanks.
<Tragic Heroes> <Don't Tell Me What To Do> -Star Forge
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/

Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

Exocor's Avatar


Exocor
11.27.2017 , 09:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
You do realize the hateful entity has almost exclusively been killed with 1 tank? You won't ever make the DPS check with 4 tanks, and they simply aren't needed.

Also a few corrections. Dreadtooth 10 stack can be easily defeated with a traditional 16m team 2 tanks 4 heals 10 DPS. You have to kill TFB HM to summon dreadful, and you have to kill SNV NIM to summon Hateful, not HM. Also I don't know why you think more people in group = more tanks. The only thing I would suggest ever running more then 2 tanks for would be Ancient Threat where I prefer to have 3 tanks in the group. I suppose 3 tanks helps on NIM Pilgrim too, other then that there's nothing I can think of that requires 3 tanks.
Kephess 16m can't be cleared without a third tank. The debuff, that Kephess applies, lasts longer as in 8m, so you can't do the tank swap with just two tanks.

There are also some other fights, where a third tank is helpful. Dread Council NiM to have more taunts on Tyrans, to avoid Thundering Blasts in a camp of 8 or more rDPS/Healers; Brontes NiM to have a Tank tanking Brontes in burn phase; Dresh 16m (3 groups of snipers in 50%-phase); Blaster 16m HM to have more knockback-avoiders for P1 and P2 and more tanks, that can take stacks and cycle dcd's in P3; Zorn&Toth 16m NiM to have two tanks at Zorn, cycling dcd's; Tyth 8m HM to have the guardians collected faster.

Sure, in my examples, there is no clear need of a 3rd tank to execute the mechanics, however, a third tank is definitely helpful to make it easier for the DPS, the Healers and the other two tanks.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

DMulisk's Avatar


DMulisk
11.27.2017 , 11:59 AM | #7
Okay, so i only need 1 or 2 tanks? And thank you for the responses.
The Grell Legacy
Here since day 1
Jedi Covenant Player

viernedeuxieme's Avatar


viernedeuxieme
11.27.2017 , 08:34 PM | #8
Hi, I'd be happy to help you out (and maybe loot myself a spare Crest in the meantime!). Do you plan on raiding Impside or Pubside? I have a Sorcerer for DPS/Heal (average 246 for both specs, with full set bonus and mask). If it's Pubside I can tank Dreadtooth at 10 stacks on my Shadow (or however many stacks you want, but I've done 10 stacks before), but it's not geared for NiM raiding.

DMulisk's Avatar


DMulisk
11.28.2017 , 02:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by viernedeuxieme View Post
Hi, I'd be happy to help you out (and maybe loot myself a spare Crest in the meantime!). Do you plan on raiding Impside or Pubside? I have a Sorcerer for DPS/Heal (average 246 for both specs, with full set bonus and mask). If it's Pubside I can tank Dreadtooth at 10 stacks on my Shadow (or however many stacks you want, but I've done 10 stacks before), but it's not geared for NiM raiding.
Thank you for the willingness to help out, but i think im gonna call it off, seeing as how hateful is the strongest boss in the game rn and not many people are NiM ready on Star Forge. Thank you though
The Grell Legacy
Here since day 1
Jedi Covenant Player

_Shaddai_'s Avatar


_Shaddai_
11.29.2017 , 10:24 AM | #10
Another correction for the others in the thread. You do not need to clear either Op. But in SNV, you will probably want a styrak lockout whereas you only need to clear the first boss in TFB.