Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has PvP really come to this? How is SS compared to SF

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Has PvP really come to this? How is SS compared to SF

Wimbleton
11.27.2017 , 07:32 AM | #21
When you're done playing Jedi on the RP server (SF), join us on the real mans PvP server (SS).

t-darko
11.27.2017 , 08:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Acaelus-Thorne View Post
I don't know about the fellow players on star forge but the amount of RPers I am seeing ACTUALLY RPing inside warzones on star forge is making me want to quit the server. I can't be that unlucky, I've been asking around and it seems everyone on SF is experiencing the frustration of RP in PvP. Not just in terms of actually doing it in a warzone but with how bad the matches are. People at level 70 not knowing what to do, running with one saber as a marauder, standing a corner 1v1ing someone by spamming force storm. Every braindead move the person has a guild with a @EbonHawk attached to it. Its sheer chaos if you're not in a premade. Ranked has been popping round the clock on SF, yes. But its some of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Does Satele Shan have it any better? At this point Im looking to get away from the EH people, as far far away as I possibly can. SS behave similarly?
Lemme guess, you've lost your dice . . . Roll a d12 and you'll find it ...

Aeneas_Falco
11.27.2017 , 09:55 AM | #23
I don't know about the fellow players on star forge but the amount of RPers I am seeing ACTUALLY RPing inside warzones on star forge is making me want to quit the server
I was on Ebon Hawk before the merge and I have NEVER seen that. I also RP, and RPers don't RP in PVP, Ops, or GF Flashpoints. It's just not something that happens. I could believe this story if maybe it happened once since there is always that one oddball player, but something that happens regularly?

I think you're spinning a tall tale to people who don't know what RP is but want to believe the worst, and will take your bait, hook, line, and sinker.

Floplag
11.27.2017 , 10:14 AM | #24
Unsure why the butthurt against RPers in general.
If the response are legible and timely and they are playing right, who cares? Let them have their fun and immersion.
Now if it affects the above then its not an RP issue its a bad play issue.
Bottom line i'm not equating RP to the problem, bad play is bad play in any dialect, one doesn't follow the other.
I personally haven't observed this as yet and i don't think its as prevalent on SS as it is SF.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Foambreaker
11.27.2017 , 10:29 AM | #25
I don't know about the fellow players on star forge but the amount of RPers I am seeing ACTUALLY RPing inside warzones on star forge is making me want to quit the server. I can't be that unlucky, I've been asking around and it seems everyone on SF is experiencing the frustration of RP in PvP. Not just in terms of actually doing it in a warzone but with how bad the matches are. People at level 70 not knowing what to do, running with one saber as a marauder, standing a corner 1v1ing someone by spamming force storm. Every braindead move the person has a guild with a @EbonHawk attached to it. Its sheer chaos if you're not in a premade. Ranked has been popping round the clock on SF, yes. But its some of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Does Satele Shan have it any better? At this point Im looking to get away from the EH people, as far far away as I possibly can. SS behave similarly?
Show me on the doll where the bad RPer touched you...

teclado
11.27.2017 , 11:21 AM | #26
Average player skill has definitely been watered down on SS since the merger, no question. I have a few anecdotes of things that I've never seen before, such as a Sorc trying to 1v1 me (Deception) using only Force Storm - twice in a row. I killed him, he came back (I was solo guarding snow in CW) and did the same thing. The second time I just ran around him outside the FS radius, he just kept spamming it anyway. I really hope he was just screwing around, but I tend to doubt it.

Much more backpedal, and the beloved Force Speed backpedal. I'm seeing this in almost every warzone now. Lots of Sorc/Sage popping Barrier and then immediately cancelling it. Phase walk to a place 5m away. It does make the games less fun when it's such an easy win, or frustrating when they are on your team.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

Seterade
11.27.2017 , 01:18 PM | #27
honestly. when bioware launched server merge, I saw SS being the "pvp server" and SF being "RP and PvE"

you guys have numbers... but quality has always beaten quantity.

Sargrith
11.27.2017 , 03:09 PM | #28
I fully admit I tend to call incomings in....well RP fashion.

Something like Imp scum incoming west, visible count 2.

Its all pre-typed so its not like it slows me down any. Sometimes I will be more flowery but again its all pre-typed.

I did once see a group of four players actually RP fighting but actually doing nothing in a huttball game, I laughed so hard I didnít care we got beat in short order. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy a little crazy. If you canít laugh at things, your taking them too seriously. Really its a game, have fun, it wont determine your manhood as one poster suggested.

Aaroneus
11.27.2017 , 07:25 PM | #29
SS is full of RP'ers, especially pub side, but at least they're not actually RPing in the warzone. You can tell by looking at their guild name or character name. There are a couple guilds that when I see them on my team in a warzone, i know it's an auto loss. Despite that though, they do try their best. So i can't fault them for it.

AndriusAjax
11.27.2017 , 11:25 PM | #30
The only RP ive come across on SF is in the guild Revans Legacy. They are full into it. They make movies, talk in funny voices, and if you try to join them, they have some initiation process where they interview you while hovering on their mounts on top of their guild ship stairs - I s**t you not.

That said, this is clearly a bull**** post to spread misinformation about SF. Lol he even got a friend to "confirm" he saw it on page 2. Ive been on SF 5 out of the last 8 or 9 days and haven't seen one lick of RP in a wz. Kinda wish there was tho... seems fun.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative