Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has PvP really come to this? How is SS compared to SF

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Has PvP really come to this? How is SS compared to SF

Acaelus-Thorne
11.25.2017 , 01:12 PM | #1
I don't know about the fellow players on star forge but the amount of RPers I am seeing ACTUALLY RPing inside warzones on star forge is making me want to quit the server. I can't be that unlucky, I've been asking around and it seems everyone on SF is experiencing the frustration of RP in PvP. Not just in terms of actually doing it in a warzone but with how bad the matches are. People at level 70 not knowing what to do, running with one saber as a marauder, standing a corner 1v1ing someone by spamming force storm. Every braindead move the person has a guild with a @EbonHawk attached to it. Its sheer chaos if you're not in a premade. Ranked has been popping round the clock on SF, yes. But its some of the worst quality matches I've ever seen. Does Satele Shan have it any better? At this point Im looking to get away from the EH people, as far far away as I possibly can. SS behave similarly?

ace_boogie
11.25.2017 , 05:29 PM | #2
Ive never seen this. Its hilarious if true.
Ksenia / Angie

Floplag
11.25.2017 , 05:31 PM | #3
Yeah, i too have never seen this.
But i wouldnt care if they were actually playing right while RPing in comparison to the pew pew patrol ive been getting that has no clue what objectives are.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

ace_boogie
11.25.2017 , 05:40 PM | #4
By no means am I amazing at pvp, but honestly... a good 60% of the players in WZs may as well be RPing. Im not so sure Id know the difference
Ksenia / Angie

Draqsko
11.25.2017 , 05:43 PM | #5
I've seen lots of stupid, horrendous play in warzones on SF, but not one ounce of it has been roleplay.

I'm going to have to go with you are getting trolled, or being a troll. If you're one of those ranting about RPers on fleet, then I could very well see a scenario where an RPer(s) would wreck your PvP match just to mess with you.

Banderal
11.25.2017 , 05:47 PM | #6
Yeah, never seen any RP in matches on SS yet. Seen a whole bunch of "I'm just playing the way I want to" stuff going on, but that was happening more and more before the mergers, so I don't think it's the mergers. I think it's just the player base getting bored with the WZs.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

PiiTarr
11.25.2017 , 06:42 PM | #7
If this was something RPers actually did on a regular basis, then you would have witnessed it back when you were investigating Ebon Hawk for PvP earlier this year.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...03#post9270603

Groncho
11.25.2017 , 07:38 PM | #8
destroyed
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

AndriusAjax
11.25.2017 , 10:51 PM | #9
Lol I haven't seen any role playing and I've been fairly active the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure this is an SS player's try at propaganda.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star
Intergalactic Reg-Star

funnypat
11.26.2017 , 12:39 AM | #10
The most rp thing I've ever seen is dancing at a node or something like that, but never ever people who are actually rping in a warzone lolz ^^

There are some "pvpers" though who hide somewhere the entire match and talk crap in /1 when they're drunk :P
Rly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)