Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An Alien as the Warrior


that_Spartan_IV's Avatar


that_Spartan_IV
11.26.2017 , 04:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dcaleb View Post
If sith purebloods and humans are compatible enough to bone who says sith can't bone other near human species and pop out an off spring that looks like the near human? Sure its still a bit weird but maybe things are so generally diluted that even a 50% is seen as good enough for their desperate cause. I mean Tremel looks human so presumably he isn't exactly 100% sith himself.
The reason the humans and Sith species were close enough to bone was because of alchemy if I recall correctly.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

Celise's Avatar


Celise
11.26.2017 , 05:26 AM | #12
Human dark jedi and Sith were compatible enough to bear hybrids without much concern, but there were some cases of alchemy and other cases of genetic engineering being involved. it took over 1,000 years to completely corrupt the Sith as a species with human DNA to the point they don't exist any more as a species besides the outward apperance of being a Sith.

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
11.26.2017 , 10:46 AM | #13
There is a Torguta Sith Lord in Inquisitor story and if you play alien Inquisitor Talos will make a comment that Lord Kalig was one of few prominent alien Sith - so I assume that alien families can earn respect in the Empire, it's just much harder for them than for pureblods and humans.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.27.2017 , 02:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
There is a Torguta Sith Lord in Inquisitor story and if you play alien Inquisitor Talos will make a comment that Lord Kalig was one of few prominent alien Sith - so I assume that alien families can earn respect in the Empire, it's just much harder for them than for pureblods and humans.
Of course aliens can earn respect among the Sith - the Sith, ultimately, respect power above anything else. But in the wider Empire, there's a great deal of contempt for the Sith themselves. (Just listen to all the senior military figures complaining about stupid Sith power games.)

That said, you're right, it *is* harder for aliens to start gaining that respect. Once you reach Darth Nox levels of power, though, nobody cares what shape your head is or what colour your skin is. Well, except perhaps for that Moff on Ilum, but my Rattataki Nox told him off epically. (Regus? He mouths off about alien scum, and right in front of him is an alien who can fry him to charcoal without even blinking, much less breaking a sweat. Idiot.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
11.27.2017 , 04:53 AM | #15
Let's not forget that Nox gets two alien adepts (one of which he \ she finds him\herself, but the other is issued by the Academy).

Morticoccus's Avatar


Morticoccus
11.27.2017 , 05:50 AM | #16
Except that the Academy has relaxed its rules enough because of the war that any force sensitive is shoveled off to Korriban for training, even slaves.
From a game mechanic standpoint, Nox has special plot dialogue if you play as an alien because aliens were available as playable choices from the beginning.

I don't remember if the SW had any though, although a Chiss force sensitive would be such a rare occurrence that he might have been trained just because of that. Them being the only alien race the empire sort of decently tolerates.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

devilkat's Avatar


devilkat
11.27.2017 , 10:29 AM | #17
Same concept as the Inquisitor being a pure blood. The overseer still treats you like crap even though you're the same as his pet. I suppose it IS possible for a pure blood to fall to slavery, but idk.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

juliushorst's Avatar


juliushorst
11.28.2017 , 06:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Morticoccus View Post
Except that the Academy has relaxed its rules enough because of the war that any force sensitive is shoveled off to Korriban for training, even slaves.
From a game mechanic standpoint, Nox has special plot dialogue if you play as an alien because aliens were available as playable choices from the beginning.
Still, Lord Zavros was a prominent, powerful Sith and also an alien.

Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
Same concept as the Inquisitor being a pure blood. The overseer still treats you like crap even though you're the same as his pet. I suppose it IS possible for a pure blood to fall to slavery, but idk.
Of course it's possible, Vitiate's mother was a pureblood slave.

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
11.28.2017 , 12:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MeyerMDM View Post
So, I've had the urge to roll another warrior, this time make them a cathar. But the whole backstory and introduction to the warrior places them as being of " a great sith bloodline" and brought in to restore purity and all that.
Um i think they was referring to the Sith Pure Blood, to Restore the Purity of the sith bloodline with-in the species/race of Sith.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
11.29.2017 , 06:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Still, Lord Zavros was a prominent, powerful Sith and also an alien.


Of course it's possible, Vitiate's mother was a pureblood slave.
She wasn't a slave, she was a farmer.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything